Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by GordonH »

Kevin Bieksa traded to the Ducks in return 2016 second round draft pick.
http://www.tsn.ca/canucks-trade-bieksa- ... s-1.322286
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

,Lack and now bieksa bad move....
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

I am hoping Benning has a plan and knows what he is doing.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:,Lack and now bieksa bad move....

jaz301 wrote:I am hoping Benning has a plan and knows what he is doing.

If Vancouver wants to get younger, faster & reduce the Cap hit they are going to have trade. Unfortunately the aging players on the team all have NTC. So it's the players call who they will move to if they waive NTC.

Best possible scenario is certain aging players decide to retire before free agency tomorrow, to free up Cap space. As if that would ever happen, fat chance.

Here are the player with No trade Clause:
Alexandre Burrows 34 years old
Alexander Edler 29 years old
Jannik Hansen 29 years old
Chris Higgins 32 years old
Dan Hamhuis 32 years old
Ryan Miller 34 years old
Radim Vrbata 34 years old
Daniel Sedin 34 years old
Henrik Sedin 34 years old

As I see it Trevor's & Jim's hands are tied, until these players want to move on. It will not get any better without faster younger talent in the line-up.

Added later: Ryan Miller must be so happy to be able see the player who gave him the concussion much more often, next season.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

The same people complaining about these aging core players on the team with NTC or LTC are the same ones complaining that they are trading them away and/or trading them away for "nothing".
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

The Ducks have re-signed Bieksa to a two year $8 million contract.

Still think Benning doesn't know what he's doing?!!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Zack Kassian showed moments of being hell of a player, unfortunately he disappeared for long periods of time. Interesting at about same time Cody Hodgson is paid out by Buffalo just to go away.

Added later: Just heads up to Canucks fan, I see the next few+ years to be very lean on post-season appearances (if any). Similar to Flames prior to this last season. What helped them was getting rid of those older NTC players.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Nice to see Kassian move on, but not too sure about the Prust return.. He's older and at a $2 Million contract as a 4th liner? I hear he's a good guy in the dressing room and he's obviously got some toughness so maybe that was it...

I would like to see Higgins, Burrows, and Hansen move on in the next year or so!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

prust is all heart, but always hurt
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bretbaby wrote:I would like to see Higgins, Burrows, and Hansen move on in the next year or so!

Of course its up them & they get choose which team they would want to go to, don't expect much in return. Thanks to no trade clause

Higgins 2 years remaining then UFA
Burrows 2 years remaining then UFA
Hansen 3 years remaining then UFA
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Move the twins, get anything for them. When they see they are not wanted they will agree to a trade.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

alfred2 wrote:Move the twins, get anything for them. When they see they are not wanted they will agree to a trade.

alfred2 do you know what a no trade clause & no movement clause is and who is the only one that can waive it.

Well, the twins have both so until they waive those Canucks are sol (so there is absolutely so sense even talking about it), along with pretty well every team that has players with this amendment in their contract.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/149 ... ay-Canucks

Knowing how strong the Pacific Division is, at this point all I'm looking for out of Canucks is to be competitive team in Division.
Anaheim & LAK are likely to be 1 or 2 in the division, #3 spot is up for grabs and wildcards spots will be a battle with the Central Division.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo canucks will not even make the playoffs this season
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I hear that Kassian got into an accident.....gone for whenever due to broken nose and foot...Montreal is *bleep*....

as for canucks not making playoffs....then they should make sure they get last and have a better chance for 1st pick....better than barely getting into playoffs to be bounced in 4 games....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”