Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by GordonH »

Hmm.... is it time for old guard to retire in Canuckville 4 goals in last 6 games, shutout in last 4 games.
Games they did win they never had the lead in any of them.

Come on players with no trade clauses/no movement clauses waive those and move on, let youth movement take hold in Vancouver.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Hate to admit I've already taken a look at who's in the top 5 at the 2017 entry draft.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

No point in even watching until they smarten up.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:No point in even watching until they smarten up.

I don't, I check out low lights on Sports Centre.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I don't mind watching rebuilding team loose but Willie is managing to even take the fun out of that. Now I understand he's not to blame for everything but he is certainly not without some major culpability. For example, the twins are getting more ice time than they have since their 20's. This while players like Bo and Jake sit on the bench who fans desperately want to see developed. The twins are already showing signs of fatigue and is it any wonder with almost 20 minutes of ice time at 36 years of age.

And the reason we aren't seeing any chemistry between Erickson and the twins is that Willy's system doesn't allow then to operate. Under his system a forward always has to stay high, the twins operate low behind the net and along the end boards. This forces Erickson under their system out of his sweet spot in front of the net because he supposed to stay high. Not a single goal from him but Willy will not deviate from his system regardless of how it failed to produce goals last year and appears to be on track to set records for futility this year.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

What the Canucks need is a new coach and new management! They will never go anywhere with what they have now.
Gypsylady
Fledgling

Post by Gypsylady »

What they need is to get rid of deadwood like the twins and others.The coach does not play on the ice, eg, the twins are so slow that they should make room for the younger players. The money they make the coach has to play them, for the past 3 years they are not worth 0ne fifth the money they get. :200:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Gypsylady wrote:What they need is to get rid of deadwood like the twins and others.The coach does not play on the ice, eg, the twins are so slow that they should make room for the younger players. The money they make the coach has to play them, for the past 3 years they are not worth 0ne fifth the money they get. :200:

Gypsylady here's the problem the deadwood they are in the drivers seat because of the contract they have with the team, they have a No Trade Clause as well a No Movement Clause. Until they waive those clauses and player is the only ones that can do that.

Canucks are stuck with them
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:Canucks are stuck with them

Exactly and how did that come about? Bad management! That's where the biggest problem starts.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Canucks are stuck with them

Bsuds wrote:Exactly and how did that come about? Bad management! That's where the biggest problem starts.

Correct Bsuds, thats why they are no longer part of Canuck organization. Unfortunately the new management (Jim Benning & Trevor Linden) that took over are stuck with these contracts. They have tried to bring in young talent wherever they can.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Good moves at the deadline. Really like both prospects and by getting a conditional 1st from the Sharks if they win the cup gives me a team to cheer for in the playoffs. :up:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Good moves at the deadline. Really like both prospects and by getting a conditional 1st from the Sharks if they win the cup gives me a team to cheer for in the playoffs. :up:

Would be great to get that conditional pick, knowing how well both Minnesota & Chicago are playing.
The Sharks could be in tough making it out of the West this year.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Poindexter wrote:Good moves at the deadline. Really like both prospects and by getting a conditional 1st from the Sharks if they win the cup gives me a team to cheer for in the playoffs. :up:

I love both of these moves, about time we start getting harder into the prospect and draft game. Both players that left where good Cancuks at one time, but its time to move on.

Never thought i would be cheering for the Sharks, but go fins go !

Hate to say it, but we need to lose some games, if we win tonight we go from 3rd last to 7th last !
Anyone know how the expansion teams fits into the entry draft?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Why bother now to get to the playoffs...time to try for the draft. Unless they win 15 or their last 19 games...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Symbonite wrote:Why bother now to get to the playoffs...time to try for the draft. Unless they win 15 or their last 19 games...

The worst Canucks could do is 29th place, Colorado has 30th place pretty well wrapped up.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”