Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by GordonH »

So Roberto Luongo is willing to waive his NTC, but issue is who is willing to take-on the remaining 10 year contract..... that's big question.

There are number of teams in need of #1 goalie which he does fit into, IMO a change would be good for him.
(It's been told that Vancouver is goaltenders graveyard, there are 2 others as bad or even worst. Montreal & Toronto)

Regular season GP 386--- Wins 224--- Loses 115--- PCT over 6 years .920
Play-off's---------- GP 61--- Wins 32--- Loses 29--- PCT over 6 years .916

What's remaining on his contract is 10 years & $47,284,000.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

[quote="GordonH"]So Roberto Luongo is willing to waive his NTC, but issue is who is willing to take-on the remaining 10 year contract..... that's big question.

There are number of teams in need of #1 goalie which he does fit into, IMO a change would be good for him.
(It's been told that Vancouver is goaltenders graveyard, there are 2 others as bad or even worst. Montreal & Toronto)

I am glad Luo came out and said that. Took a lot of guts. It is looking more like Luo will be gone. The only thing I am worried about is if canucks dont win the cup in a few years with schnieder as there #1 he will be going down the same path as Luo.

Yes there are lots of team that need #1 goalie. I think a good fit for Luo would be Tampa bay, just because they have a good chance of making a cup run soon. The question is what would we get in return?
Life is too sho......
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

jaz301 wrote: The question is what would we get in return?

We'll trade Roberto for Stamkos and Bergeron

:D
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Yes, Tampa would good fit. I just don't see Stevie Y spending this kind of money beside I don't think he has the room.

xjeepguy only in your dreams, good choices.

Vincent Lecavalier has big contract as well $56,000,000 over the next 8 years.
Steven Stamkos $29,500,000 over next 4 years.

See the contracts TB already has no room for Luo.

As I see it a team that is need of #1 goalie with room (maybe) is Toronto + the connection of Dave Nonis who brought Luo from Florida. :smt102 But would Brian be willing to spend that kind of money. :smt102

Gillis has until June 30 to get Cory under contract or have match and beat someone else's offer, as well find home for Luo.
Or say screw it Luo's our goaltender. Next 67 days will be interesting.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

If the Canucks are going to trade Luongo, they will have to get salary back. Lecavalier or Malone (Tampa won't trade Stamkos) are only logical. That being said, whatever team owns Luongo in a few years has a contract "out" of sorts.. I can't remember the stipulations, but it could be incentive for the receiving team.

I love when the Canucks got Luongo, but it's time for him to go. Schneider is the goalie "of the future" which is now. With Luongo's big contract, like I said, the Canucks will need to get a big salary back. Basically... look at all the playoff or almost playoff teams in the East that need a goalie and they are possibilities for Luo.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

What in my opinion Vancouver needs at least 1 maybe 2 defence-man (Sami (37) just not keeping up) big & gritty (not dirty), also fast enough to get up & down on plays. Also a player who is that heart & soul grit player first name that comes to my mind is Jarome Iginla.

I know I'm asking for a lot. lol
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

GordonH wrote:What in my opinion Vancouver needs at least 1 maybe 2 defence-man (Sami (37) just not keeping up) big & gritty (not dirty), also fast enough to get up & down on plays. Also a player who is that heart & soul grit player first name that comes to my mind is Jarome Iginla.

You want us to have Iginla ? Although a good player I would rather look for a younger player , I think he's to old . IMO .

Agreed , we need some muscle , but talented muscle .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

quote="GordonH"
What in my opinion Vancouver needs at least 1 maybe 2 defence-man (Sami (37) just not keeping up) big & gritty (not dirty), also fast enough to get up & down on plays. Also a player who is that heart & soul grit player first name that comes to my mind is Jarome Iginla.

xjeepguy wrote: You want us to have Iginla ? Although a good player I would rather look for a younger player , I think he's to old . IMO .

Agreed , we need some muscle , but talented muscle .

He was first name that popped into my head (he is 34). What I'm looking for is that element that Stevie Y bought to Detroit, Trevor brought to Vancouver...... Alfredsson brings to Ottawa etc...etc. Vancouver does not have that as of now.

I agree xjeepguy talented muscle.

Where do we look and can we trade Luo for them. lol
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

In Tampa I think we'd be lucky to get Brewer or Malone but will probably end up with someone like Comodore and a pick. With Toronto we'd like Schenn but will probably be looking at Komisarik with a pick. I know I'm not very optimistic but it's going to be hard to move a player who's under contract until he's 43.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

The next 6 years are the big ones at 6.7mil. After that the pay goes down, but I think Luo would most likely retire after the 6 years. So if you look at it that way the contract does not seem so bad.

Luongo salary.png
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:In Tampa I think we'd be lucky to get Brewer or Malone but will probably end up with someone like Comodore and a pick. With Toronto we'd like Schenn but will probably be looking at Komisarik with a pick. I know I'm not very optimistic but it's going to be hard to move a player who's under contract until he's 43.

Yep Mike Gillis has his work cut out for himself, Canucks may have bite bullet and buy-out some of the contract. To make it little more inviting to interested teams.

(i.e. not the same but similar (just not as much since Luo will be still in NHL) to Alexei Yashin who's last season was 2006-07 and has/still being paid $2,204,000 each year until end of 2014-15 season. Ouch....... this one was extreme)

It will depend on what kind of deal is done & with who, so as I mention before the next (now) 66 days will be interesting. Of course we will not hear anything until the deal happens.

But for now we can all try to guess what is going on, which can be fun. Wonder if any surprises are on the way within Canucks.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

Luongo needs to leave the canucks, he needs a break from all the crys that blame him for the inepet team.
Get rid of kessler the actor and cry babey,get players that stick to playing hockey. Defence needs 2 new bodies,

someone that can play with the twins. They have to get a new attitude,more of a humble one instead of
the arogant one theyhave now.Beieksa must of been hurt he did not play well.
:sunshine: :sunshine:
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:sunshine:
Jim carey should do a skit on the canucks 41 years and still hoping. Blame luongo,not the actors and whiners, the ultimate loooooooosers :dyinglaughing:
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

albertabound wrote:Luongo needs to leave the canucks, he needs a break from all the crys that blame him for the inepet team.
Get rid of kessler the actor and cry babey,get players that stick to playing hockey. Defence needs 2 new bodies,

someone that can play with the twins. They have to get a new attitude,more of a humble one instead of
the arogant one theyhave now.Beieksa must of been hurt he did not play well.
:sunshine: :sunshine:

albertabound wrote::sunshine:
Jim carey should do a skit on the canucks 41 years and still hoping. Blame luongo,not the actors and whiners, the ultimate loooooooosers :dyinglaughing:

What? It's hard to read what you are writing with all the spelling mistakes.

I think you wrote the Canucks have won back to back President's Trophies, were 1 win away from the Stanley Cup and had injuries and fatigue to overwhelm them in this year's playoffs??
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Greed.

Bertuzzi held out for big bucks one year - he wouldn't play unless
he got what he wanted, they finally paid him the $millions and later that
year his karma caused him to injure the Colorado player - and he was never the same after that.

Greed.

When luongo agreed to promote a gambling site at the start of the year, I correctly
predicted Luongo would have a disastrous year. And it would have been a disastrous
year except Schneider bailed them out. Nothing wrong with gambling. Actually there is - it's
not logical. But if people want to gamble it's okay, except Luongo is an athlete, and when an athlete
that is looked up to by thousands of kids - when he gets greedy by promoting gambling
you can be sure he'll have a bad year - which he did.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”