Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by GordonH »

Steve-O wrote:Canucks management is doing a bang up job and I, for one, would love them to keep at it. Re signing the twins to another long term deal is priority number one followed by trading Boeser before he gets too expensive.

Signed,

Flames Fan

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:Except for a couple of names I recognize there's not many on that list.

Maybe they should trade Benning?

Do you recall Benning as a player for the Canucks ? That would answer your question.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Except for a couple of names I recognize there's not many on that list.

Maybe they should trade Benning?

my5cents wrote:Do you recall Benning as a player for the Canucks ? That would answer your question.

1986-90/246 games/15 goals/55 assists
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Steve-O wrote:Canucks management is doing a bang up job and I, for one, would love them to keep at it. Re signing the twins to another long term deal is priority number one followed by trading Boeser before he gets too expensive.

Signed,

Flames Fan

Haven't we done enough for the Flames already after passing on Matthew Tkachuk? I'm still hopeful that Olli Juolevi was smart draft but it's painful to watch how good Matthew Tkachuk has been. His grit and scoring touch was exactly what the Canucks needed but for some misguided reason, Benning passed him to the Flames. Not a wise draft in my opinion but time will tell.

Then there are the other trades. We got Baertschi and you drafted Rasmus Andersson with the Canuck pick. Sven scored 18 and looks like he'll be a top 6 forward, Rasmus looks like he'll be a good top 4 defender so that trade was a wash IMHO.

Then there is the Granlund for Hunter Shinkaruk trade. That one has to be considered a win for the Canucks with Granlund scoring 19 in 69 games last year and Hunter struggling bad.

All in all both teams have done each other some favours but have to give your Flames the edge overall because even if Olli Juolevi turns out to be an NHL'er, Matthew Tkachuk should be a Canuck. :cry:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canucks are 4 points out of having worse record in NHL in 2017-18 season, of course on flip side if they can achieve having the worst record. They get the best chance at highest draft pick.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I hate to be a glass is half empty kind of fan but I fully expect the Canucks to drop 3 places in the draft lottery for yet another year.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:I hate to be a glass is half empty kind of fan but I fully expect the Canucks to drop 3 places in the draft lottery for yet another year.

Top pick at this years entry draft has been compared to Erik Karlsson of Ottawa.

Rasmus Dahlin, if that comparison is correct then he would be someone that a team (any team) could build around.

Bottom 14 teams & their percentage chance of winning the draft lottery (so #1 is worst team):
1) 20.0% Currently Arizona
2) 13.5% Currently Buffalo
3) 11.5% Currently Vancouver
4) 9.5% Currently Ottawa
5) 8.5% Currently Montreal
6) 7.5%
7) 6.5%
8) 6.0%
9) 5.0%
10) 3.5%
11) 3.0%
12) 2.5%
13) 2.0%
14) 1.0%

Added later: there is another Tkachuk (in top 5 entry picks) who is consider better then Mathew
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Well, there are absolutely no 4 leaf clovers within Canucks organization.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

Been a fan of his since his days in WHL as a Medicine Hat Tiger
https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/23 ... ng-Canucks

I wish him much success in those new endeavours he is planning to pursue.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The question that will never be answered. What happened ?
Black Dogs Matter
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

dogspoiler wrote:The question that will never be answered. What happened ?

Only one who knows, will not say anything. He will just move on with his new endeavor.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Elias pettersson has been amazing in his first 2 games. Canucks got a gem there.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glad to know there will be a hearing looking into Matheson's dirty play on Pettersen. Truth be told though I dont have much faith in the NHL anymore when it comes to protecting player's welfare.

Don't typically read the comments on news articles but did this time and this one hit the mark.

Henry Zea

Sad, ignorant and unsportsmanlike. 
But the NHL is 110% at fault for allowing these types of plays. 
Sadly, it will have to take a player dying on the ice and an NHL executive doing jail time for negligence, before anything is ever done about this type of behaviour. 

I hate this sport when I see this kind of sh*t that so many people get off on.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4862471
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dirty play, ref did nothing, team mates did nothing--scared--maybe
that's why a team should always have a player that can drop the gloves and giver
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

NHL impo needs to take up a baseball term, 3 strikes your out permanently.
First offense... suspended "X" games & large fine to both team & player (hopefully player learn his lesson)
Second offense... much longer suspension (minimum of "X" games or as long as the player who's injured is out, whichever is longer) & much bigger fine. This time to the player, team & coach.

Third offense.... your NHL career is over, that also includes European leagues & KHL.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”