Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
albertabound
Board Meister

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by albertabound »

They will never play that well in any nhl playoffs, no matter who plays with them. They have passion for country only, stanley means nothing to them, get rid gilles and twins.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

What are they thinking firing Alain Vigneault and the others! He was good for the Canucks. Look at his record of wins, oh so they blow the playoffs in a short season. Get rid of the Sedins and a few others, then we have a team with new blood.

Now I know why I watch more BC Lions football and Blue Jays baseball. Not so much BS going on behind the scenes.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

The real problem is Gillis, but the coach always seems to go before the GM. Give it a few season and Gillis will be gone as well unless he really does what he said here.

"We have a good core group of players. We need to surround them with younger, skilled players who can contribute." - @GMMikeGillis

Lets face it canucks are not getting any younger. There chance to win the cup was in 2011 and they blew it. Team needs to get younger, but with making the playoffs all the time you don't get the high draft picks. So the only way to di it is going to be trades. If Gillis makes the right moves we could see another cup run in a few years. If there is no improvement in the team in next couple season I say out with Gillis.
Life is too sho......
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

southernfrau wrote:What are they thinking firing Alain Vigneault and the others! He was good for the Canucks. Look at his record of wins, oh so they blow the playoffs in a short season. Get rid of the Sedins and a few others, then we have a team with new blood.

Now I know why I watch more BC Lions football and Blue Jays baseball. Not so much BS going on behind the scenes.

When players have NTC and/or NMC (no trade clause/no movement clause) they have to wave those before the team can make moves.
Each of these players have 1 or both:
Henrik Sedin until 2014-15
Daniel Sedin until 2014-15
Ryan Kesler until 2016-17
Kevin Bieksa until 2016-17
Jason Garrison until 2018-19
Dan Hamhuis until 2016-17
Manny Malhotra but he is UFA for 2013-14 and Vancouver will not pick him, do to his vision issues hopping he decides to retire. For his own safety.
Roberto Luongo he's okay waving his NTC.

Added later: Francesco Aquilini could still fire Mike Gillis its just if and when, usual its GM that fires the coaching staff.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:When players have NTC and/or NMC (no trade clause/no movement clause) they have to wave those before the team can make moves.
Each of these players have 1 or both:
Henrik Sedin until 2014-15
Daniel Sedin until 2014-15
Ryan Kesler until 2016-17
Kevin Bieksa until 2016-17
Jason Garrison until 2018-19
Dan Hamhuis until 2016-17
Manny Malhotra but he is UFA for 2013-14 and Vancouver will not pick him, do to his vision issues hopping he decides to retire. For his own safety.
Roberto Luongo he's okay waving his NTC.

Added later: Francesco Aquilini could still fire Mike Gillis its just if and when, usual its GM that fires the coaching staff.

I don't have a problem with any of these players staying and after watching the twins at the IIHF it's obvious they still have plenty of game and just need a the right winger to complement them.

Burrows, Higgins and Edler have thier no trade clause kick in in July.The one's I would move are Schneider (Lu is an elite goalie and there is no reason to fire sale him) , Burrow's (with his ref baggage) and Edler (who stunk it up this year and given with the depth on D). The Canucks could scoop some possible high picks or a winger to play with the twins as all three of these guys would be desirable to other teams. Not to mention it'll knock about 16 mil off the cap which will give them 5mil to play with.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

Who was the idiot that gave all those no trade contracts, twins have to go .
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

albertabound wrote:Who was the idiot that gave all those no trade contracts, twins have to go .

There's nowhere for them to go.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

albertabound wrote:Who was the idiot that gave all those no trade contracts, twins have to go .

Looked over Calgary Flames roster there are 9 players with no trade clauses.

Mike Cammalleri
Alex Tanguay
Matt Stajan
Curtis Glencross
Dennis Wideman
Mark Giordano
Anton Babchuk
Cory Sarich
Miikka Kiprusoff
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

Another idiot, calgary is really hurting without any hope to rebuild.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

albertabound wrote:Another idiot, calgary is really hurting without any hope to rebuild.

Take look for yourself here to see how many idiots are GM's in NHL each player with a lock next to his name has no trade clause.

http://capgeek.com/payrolls/?charts_year=2013
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

Sedin's signed for $7 million per year for 4 years. Probably not a bad deal for a couple of years but canucks are going to have 3 guys around 38 using up $20 million of their cap in 4 years. They better hope the cap goes up significantly.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i guess canucks will not win the cup for at least 4 more years,they are great reg season players but have never been able to step it up to the next level in the playoffs ,same old same old
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So Tortorella has the Canucks winnig some games, but also
getting injured. By pushing the team too hard, there'll be more inujuries.

I predict - they will not make the playoffs this year.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thinktank wrote:So Tortorella has the Canucks winnig some games, but also
getting injured. By pushing the team too hard, there'll be more inujuries.

I predict - they will not make the playoffs this year.

Their appears to be number of players threw out the league injured, here the list http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/

Time will tell, since it's not even quarter of the season in.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Bure's wife, mother, gino Ojick and Pat Quinn.

I like how Bure and Ojick still friends after all these years.
Attachments
bure.jpg
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”