Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Tonight will be a big test for the team against Boston. Hope they come out with 4 lines flying like last night.

If Lou continues playing the way he is, not only will be be in net at winter olympics, he is going to make allot of GM's around the leauge regret not snatching him up when the Canucks were giving him away.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Based on current standing Vancouver is only 3 points back of Boston. Boston is #1 in East and Vancouver is #6 in West, of course 8 out top 10 teams are from the West so far.
For years growing up East was always the dominating conference how times change.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Based on current standing Vancouver is only 3 points back of Boston. Boston is #1 in East and Vancouver is #6 in West, of course 8 out top 10 teams are from the West so far.
For years growing up East was always the dominating conference how times change.

imho it has not changed you put vancouver in the east ,they would still be 6th over all,they are 2 soft to win the cup, and with lou still here,with his playoff brain farts that he always seems to get ,they will never win the cup
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Based on current standing Vancouver is only 3 points back of Boston. Boston is #1 in East and Vancouver is #6 in West, of course 8 out top 10 teams are from the West so far.

the truth wrote:imho it has not changed you put vancouver in the east ,they would still be 6th over all,they are 2 soft to win the cup, and with lou still here,with his playoff brain farts that he always seems to get ,they will never win the cup

Actual my point was how much better the Western conference is over Eastern conference. 7 out of 10 are from the west.

Top 10 team in the league:
1) Chicago
2) Anaheim
3) Los Angeles
4) St. Louis
5) Pittsburgh
6) Boston
7) San Jose
8) Vancouver
9) Colorado
10) Montreal
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

means nothing really.vancouver has been a great reg season team the last what about 7 years????.how many cups have they won 0
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:means nothing really.vancouver has been a great reg season team the last what about 7 years????.how many cups have they won 0

So has: San Jose 0 cups, St Louis 0 cups, Washington 0 cups
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

correct my point,reg season stats means nothing at all, when la won the cup did they not just make it into the last playoff spot the last week of the reg season,then went on to win the cup.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Hate to say it but Edler is unfortunately carrying over from last season. Team defensively has been on a role since he went down and offensively since Burrows went down. Gillis had a window to trade both but decided to bank on them. I hope he's right and they come back from injuries somehow inspired after watching from the press box.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Hate to say it but Edler is unfortunately carrying over from last season. Team defensively has been on a role since he went down and offensively since Burrows went down. Gillis had a window to trade both but decided to bank on them. I hope he's right and they come back from injuries somehow inspired after watching from the press box.

After that hit on Eric Staal this past World Championship, if it was up to me Edler would have been fast tracked out of Vancouver. As for Burrows his best before date has come & gone at least as a Canucks, fresh start would do him good.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

if lack keeps on playing the way he has-great job-you van fans will be running luo out of town by this spring again
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I had figured it would have happened sooner into the season, that is John Tortorella was going to snap.
He will be very fortunate just to get slapped with a fine, maybe not necessarily for the crap on ice but for what happened outside the Flames dressing room.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/10694 ... ay-with-it
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

two things can happen.

1 - canucks miss the playoffs.
2 - they barely make the playoffs but lose in four games to a california team.

either way we'll blame and hate luongo by the end of the season.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

If canucks do bad in playoffs/dont even make it, I hope Gillis is fired after this season.
Life is too sho......
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH wrote:I had figured it would have happened sooner into the season, that is John Tortorella was going to snap.
He will be very fortunate just to get slapped with a fine, maybe not necessarily for the crap on ice but for what happened outside the Flames dressing room.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Poll/10694 ... ay-with-it

i dunno i think if he didnt try and attack anyone then was it that bad? and calgary starting goon line kinda forced vancouver to counter with something. i watched whole game and vancouver didnt try and continue on fighting , they tried to win

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”