Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by alfred2 »

as long as the canucks look to the twins to lead them, they will not go anywhere. it is time the mindset changed and let the contracts run its course. make a new captain and put a nice culture on this team/
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

:135: not really sure whats going on with Canucks, of course they are handcuffed with all those pain in *bleep* clauses (no movement &/or no trade).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

the twin should be third center and limited topower play,let the young guys with the odd good veteran lead the way.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

alfred2 wrote:the twin should be third center and limited topower play,let the young guys with the odd good veteran lead the way.
Why would you put your two best players on the third line? As sad as it is at their age they are still the best the Canucks have and relegating them to third line minutes makes no sense.
The fact is the Canucks again as sad as it is have no young talent that is ready to take over first line minutes.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

if the twins are the best canucks have god help us fans.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

alfred2 wrote:if the twins are the best canucks have god help us fans.
Agreed.
And wasting 36 million on Louie Erikson is not the answer to the future .
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Unfortunately Canucks don't have option of an actual total rebuild, to many players with either NTC or NMC (few with both).

Added: GM's need to stop handing these things out, causes more problems then they are worth.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

alfred2 wrote:if the twins are the best canucks have god help us fans.

1-2 on the team and 10-15 in the league in points is a dear god? full *bleep*
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

that does not mean a thing, canucks have not won anything , and do not say the conference, no cup no win. give other players the ice time and you will see who has the points. so ut that in your pipe.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

alfred2 wrote:that does not mean a thing, canucks have not won anything , and do not say the conference, no cup no win. give other players the ice time and you will see who has the points. so ut that in your pipe.

St Louis has been in the league 3 years longer then Canucks has never won the Cup, Buffalo has been in league same lenght as Vancouver has never won the Cup..... Washington has been in the 4 years shorter never won the Cup. Next oldest team Winnipeg/Phoenix also never won Cup along with 7 other teams that have never won Stanley Cup.

Added later: imho the best playoff team Vancouver has ever had was in 1994.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

who cares, we are talking about the canucks and their so called francise old twins.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

alfred2 wrote:who cares, we are talking about the canucks and their so called francise old twins.

Nothing will happen with the twins until they decide to waive there contact clauses, or retire.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

why should they waive their no trade? and why should they retire? they are still great players.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

sooperphreek wrote:why should they waive their no trade? and why should they retire? they are still great players.

Only way to bring in younger, faster, bigger players that they have in farm club. Of course the twins are not the only ones with clauses on Vancouver. Rebuild on the fly never works, Toronto on right track.
The other team within the division have been doing this already, with exception of San Jose of course that came back to bite them against the much faster Pittsburgh Penguins.

NHL is now about fast, young & big.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

3 comeback wins to start season 3-0. Fluke or team has more talent than the media is saying? Guess time will tell.
Life is too sho......

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”