Where to purchase wheatgrass seeds in K'town?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
ogopogodude
Fledgling

Where to purchase wheatgrass seeds in K'town?

Post by ogopogodude »

I got a wheatgrass juicer machine for Christmas. I have been to Nature's Fare and I did buy some wheatgrass seeds but i just guessed at which ones to get. There are soft and hard types, etc.

Is there anybody that is very knowledgeable in wheatgrass growing? (yes, i have youtubed this topic many times but no-where is there any input on the type of seeds to buy)

Also, if I want to not wait to for sprouting etc, does Jugo Juice and Booster Juice sell the trays of all-ready grown wheatgrass?
ogopogodude
Fledgling

Re: where to purchase wheatgrass seads in K'town?

Post by ogopogodude »

And if you are a wheatgrass expert, where does one buy growing trays, and basically everything that goes along with this nutritious hobby? (in other words, ... what do u do to grow wheatgrass, harvest it, etc?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Where to purchase wheatgrass seeds in K'town?

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
manymiles

Post by manymiles »

I buy my wheatgrass seeds on ebay. 500 for a dollar. Wheatgrass is rather bitter when juiced raw. I make smoothies and the banana offsets the taste. One thing about this stuff is it grows very quickly and is best used in the 2 week time frame, or it gets really bitter. Although it is also called catgrass, it is not catnip. Hopefully this bit of info will help you out, if for nothing other than timeframe and the ebay connection. I know of one woman who will be selling wheatgrass at the Farmers Market come spring,,,, not sure of her name off hand, but she may even have seeds for sale there. She also sells goji berry seeds and plants as well as maca and reishi mushrooms. If I remember her name I'll post it privately to you. You also do not need special trays,,,, just plant pots and dirt... You don't have to spend much to get going...
Good on ya for looking after your health... As a Dr. I'd like to see more of this......

NAME: Cat Grass

OTHER COMMON NAMES: Wheat Grass

SCIENTIFIC NAME: Triticum aestivum

COLOR: Green

PLANT SEEDS: Outdoors after frost / Indoors weeks before last frost / Indoors in pots at any time

BLOOM TIME: N/A (no flowers) - Any

PLANT HEIGHT: 12+" Grows very quickly - it is havested 8 - 14 days from planting!

LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun

SOIL & WATER PREFERENCES: Average

QUANTITY: 500 seeds

OTHER: Wheat Grass is edible by humans as it provides an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. It can be used in cooking, baking, and health drinks, and some use it as a detoxification. Cats also love to eat it as it helps aide in their digestion and prevent hairballs.
ogopogodude
Fledgling

Post by ogopogodude »

Thanks for replying, people. I have been youtubing vids on wheatgrass growing & harvesting. I am currently got a tray of wheatgrass seeds going right now and it is about two to three inches high. I am learning very quickly about the hobby. I bought my first (and only) seeds at Nature's Fare beside Chevy's Source for Sports.

My wife bought me a juicer for a holiday gift and I am making it my mission to get my kids to get involved with me (one is almost eleven and the other thirteen). They find it fascinating to make juice out of apples, or carrots etc. To them it is entertaining. To me it is drinking health.

I emailed Jugo Juice as well as Booster Juice to see if they will sell the occasional wheatgrass tray (in-between my periods of growing seeds). I like the idea of actually growing my own from seeds as i know that it is "pure" and organic sort of speak which should be high in nutritional value. I am sure that *bleep* and JJ have good wheatgrass as well.

One youtube video showed a company that mass produced wheatgrass trays but there was only paper towels placed over the seeds with no soil or supplement nutrient liquid (hydroponics).... just water. And there was quite a few responses from people stating that the nutritional value is likely not-as-good in these mass produced systems.

Yes, ... private message me if you learn of that person who will provide seeds and even trays of wheatgrass at the Farmer's Market in the spring. One more thing. Do you think that Buckerfield's (on Springfield) sells seeds?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:135: This goes back to 2010.
Last edited by Queen K on Dec 28th, 2016, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Arnesto

Post by Arnesto »

I will provide you with all the fresh wheat grass you need. Email me for details. This stuff is great!
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Save on foods sells small trays of wheatgrass most times near the bagged salad kits.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

You could also try seeing if booster juice could connect you to who supplies them with their trays
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”