NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: NHL

Postby JayByrd » Dec 15th, 2017, 8:16 am

johnny24 wrote:
NHL attendance figures are a joke. Detroit apparently has been 100% full for the season. Anyone watching their games can see the building is no where close to being full. Empty seats everywhere. I don't think Florida has been 73% full for any of their games. I'd be surprised if they get 3,000 most nights. Free ticket giveaways should not be included in attendance, but I suspect they are being included.

My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1227 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 15th, 2017, 8:42 am

JayByrd wrote:
My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.

As well as season ticket holders who don't go to the games for whatever reason. Some will only go to games against the "better" teams.
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 10448 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Feb 2nd, 2018, 12:43 pm

Watched the highlights of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Knights last night.............the ref's in this game leave a lot to be desired. The Jets goalie (Hellabucyk) while on his knees in the crease gets slashed across the lower part of his mask with the Vegas player BREAKING his sick doing this. Puck trickles loose and is knocked into the net..........GOAL!!! After a review you would think "no goal, penalty for slashing". Goal stands.......W.T.F.? Open season on goalies now I guess.

Maybe these are instructions from Bettman to the ref's..........make sure everything goes in Vegas's favour!
lesliepaul
Übergod

Liked in: 961 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 2nd, 2018, 12:57 pm

lesliepaul wrote:Watched the highlights of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Knights last night.............the ref's in this game leave a lot to be desired. The Jets goalie (Hellabucyk) while on his knees in the crease gets slashed across the lower part of his mask with the Vegas player BREAKING his sick doing this. Puck trickles loose and is knocked into the net..........GOAL!!! After a review you would think "no goal, penalty for slashing". Goal stands.......W.T.F.? Open season on goalies now I guess.

Maybe these are instructions from Bettman to the ref's..........make sure everything goes in Vegas's favour!

impo goalie interference no question (plus a slashing penalty), terrible call by the ref.
As I see it goalie interference should be taken out of the hands of the referees & be reviewed back in Toronto.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7003 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby GordonH » Feb 13th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby the truth » Feb 13th, 2018, 8:26 pm

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.

phaneuf is a slug imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5385 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 13th, 2018, 8:42 pm

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.

the truth wrote:phaneuf is a slug imo

His first 4 year in Calgary he was above average, today he is not worth the 7 mil contact.
Hopefully that changes in LA.... did not work in either Toronto or Ottawa.

the truth likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby GordonH » Feb 14th, 2018, 7:44 pm

2018 NHL Trade Deadline will be happening Monday, February 26

As posted yesterday first of many trades to come I'm sure
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Frisk » Mar 1st, 2018, 9:09 pm

Really starting to look like Seattle is going to get an NHL team.
Frisk
Guru

Liked in: 2022 posts

Postby jaz301 » Mar 1st, 2018, 10:51 pm

Frisk wrote:Really starting to look like Seattle is going to get an NHL team.

Considering they got over 25,000 deposits for Season tickets I would say Seattle will get a team. If Seattle does get a team the question then is how will divisions work? The Central division in the only one with 7 teams the rest have 8. Seattle would work make most sense in the Pacific, but then Pacific would have 9 teams. Image
Life is too sho......
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 2nd, 2018, 3:26 am

^^^ once Seattle enters the league then either Edmonton or Arizona should be moved to the Central Division. Giving each division 8 teams
(impo Arizona should)
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby johnny24 » Mar 2nd, 2018, 9:30 am

jaz301 wrote:

Considering they got over 25,000 deposits for Season tickets I would say Seattle will get a team. If Seattle does get a team the question then is how will divisions work? The Central division in the only one with 7 teams the rest have 8. Seattle would work make most sense in the Pacific, but then Pacific would have 9 teams. Image

Calgary might not have a team.
johnny24
Board Meister

Liked in: 243 posts

Postby RupertBear » Mar 2nd, 2018, 10:26 am

Arizona makes the most sense to switch divisions. Geographic rivalry with both Colorado and Dallas. Keep Edmonton and Calgary in the same division due to their rivalry.
In the future, if Arizona moves to Quebec, you can slot them into the Atlantic Division and move Detroit from the Atlantic to the Central.

the truth likes this post.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 383 posts

Postby the truth » Mar 2nd, 2018, 10:34 am

agree :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5385 posts

Postby GordonH » Mar 2nd, 2018, 2:15 pm

jaz301 wrote:Considering they got over 25,000 deposits for Season tickets I would say Seattle will get a team. If Seattle does get a team the question then is how will divisions work? The Central division in the only one with 7 teams the rest have 8. Seattle would work make most sense in the Pacific, but then Pacific would have 9 teams. Image

johnny24 wrote:Calgary might not have a team.

How so johnny24, please clarify.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors