NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: NHL

Postby JayByrd » Dec 15th, 2017, 7:16 am

johnny24 wrote:
NHL attendance figures are a joke. Detroit apparently has been 100% full for the season. Anyone watching their games can see the building is no where close to being full. Empty seats everywhere. I don't think Florida has been 73% full for any of their games. I'd be surprised if they get 3,000 most nights. Free ticket giveaways should not be included in attendance, but I suspect they are being included.

My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.
JayByrd
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1074 posts

Re: NHL

Postby Bsuds » Dec 15th, 2017, 7:42 am

JayByrd wrote:
My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.

As well as season ticket holders who don't go to the games for whatever reason. Some will only go to games against the "better" teams.
Deja Poo, the feeling I've heard all this crap before!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 9445 posts

Previous

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors