NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

Spin the Babcock wheel, where will he land. Back in Detroit or somewhere else, its anyones guess.

My current front runner would be Oilers, with Sabre's & Islanders running a close second. The team with deepest pockets is the Toronto Maple Leafs
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sorry he is going to coach the habs next season
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:sorry he is going to coach the habs next season

Then he had better be learn french
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

does not matter ,when your the best coach in the nhl,just win games no one will care about the french issue
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:does not matter ,when your the best coach in the nhl,just win games no one will care about the french issue

Unfortunately in Montreal it does matter.
Last edited by GordonH on May 10th, 2015, 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i have tons of friends back east all habs fans, they all would love to see babcock as habs next head coach, the french issue means nothing to them
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:i have tons of friends back east all habs fans, they all would love to see babcock as habs next head coach, the french issue means nothing to them

Looking back in Montreal coaching last one not either born in Quebec or french speaking that lasted more then 60 games was Toe Blake.

I'm sure Mike will make his choice knowing soon enough
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

he is too smart to coach in montreal, fans and their french are idiots.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

that's more the press always putting that twist on the news
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

On or before May 25th Babcock will make his choice known.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

If I had to spin the wheel of where Babcock might end up it would be Philadelphia. Todd McLennan would be a perfect fit for the Oilers, and Mike Keenan would look great behind the Leafs bench because no other NHL team would be crazy enough to hire him for that reason alone. Lots of great coaches looking for work and quite a few teams willing to get in line for the Coaches Lottery!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:If I had to spin the wheel of where Babcock might end up it would be Philadelphia. Todd McLennan would be a perfect fit for the Oilers, and Mike Keenan would look great behind the Leafs bench because no other NHL team would be crazy enough to hire him for that reason alone. Lots of great coaches looking for work and quite a few teams willing to get in line for the Coaches Lottery!

Looking more & more like Todd McLellan will be heading to Edmonton. I don't know if Mike Babcock wants to try deal with crap put out by either TML or Flyer's ownership. Out of remaining teams that had talks with him I say Buffalo could be the front runner at this time.
If TML ownership would let Brendan Shanahan and his team rebuild the Leafs the way Brendan wants to then yes Mike Babcock would work, if it's the same old same old crap then no.

Oh please leave Mike Keenan in the KHL they deserve him.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I have question for other hockey fans out there.

What is wrong with Washington Capitals organization they can't get past 2nd round?
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

I heard this interesting stat about Henrik lundqvist this morning, the only thing I can say is unbelievable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 511773.htm
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:I heard this interesting stat about Henrik lundqvist this morning, the only thing I can say is unbelievable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 511773.htm

This is why I picked NYR over Tampa Bay to go to Stanley Cup finals.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”