NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

NHL

Post by GordonH »

Regular starts exactly 3 weeks today.
NHL News

Couple contracts signing today, as well going play another season.

John Tavares....... Tyler Myers....... Teemu Selanne

Few reference website's for you

NHL
TSN
CBC Sports/HNIC
Sportsnet
The Hockey News
NHL Numbers/salaries

May your team of choice have a excellent hockey season.
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 11th, 2015, 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Re: NHL 2011--2012 Season

Post by Mr. Personality »

He's a tough opponent, but I'm glad Selanne is back for another year (Lidstrom too).
All in all, I think the season will get off to a quiet start, what with the over-excitement of the Cup finals and the tragedies over the summer.
Oddly, I'm kind of looking forward to the 12-13 season when the league reorganizes and Winnipeg is out of the Southeast.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I understand the NHL has plans to honour players from the drowned aircraft of the Yaroslavl team. As well Winnipeg will have something for Rick Rypien. Have not heard if the Rangers have plans for Derek Boogaard more than likely, as well Wade Belak in Nashville.

I expect a slow start to the season due to the summer loses.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Is anything happening in Vancouver? 2 popular former players down, one would think so.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Mr. Personality wrote:Is anything happening in Vancouver? 2 popular former players down, one would think so.

I would think so as well Minnesota Derek Boogaard, Pavol Demitra longest time was with St Louis. So number of teams may have something seeing players move around so much now.

Who know's maybe each teams home opener will have something.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I expect quite a bit of ceremony for the openers to honour those who were lost. Detroit will honour their 3 members for sure (McCrimmon, Salei, and Liv).

Vancouver's biggest ceremony should be over the death of their offence and goaltending in the 2011 Cup finals. :127:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

RichardWede wrote:I expect quite a bit of ceremony for the openers to honour those who were lost. Detroit will honour their 3 members for sure (McCrimmon, Salei, and Liv).

Vancouver's biggest ceremony should be over the death of their offence and goaltending in the 2011 Cup finals. :127:

Detroit's should be a ceremony over losing to the Sharks of all teams.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

:popcorn: :coffeecanuck:
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

A few notes and news from around the league:

Detroit - Pavel Datsyuk to wear "24" instead of usual "13" during preseason games to honour Ruslan Salei who passed in the Russian plane crash.
http://macombdaily.com/articles/2011/09 ... 204452.txt

St Louis - Jaroslav Halak's new mask honours Pavol Demitra on the back:
http://stlouis.sbnation.com/st-louis-bl ... h-new-mask

Minnesota - Josh Harding's new mask honours Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien and Pavol Demitra on back, Grandmother on front:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... hl-wp12451

Los Angeles - RUMOUR: Doughty rejects 9 year $61.2million deal.
http://thehockeywriters.com/drew-dought ... omes-next/
Last edited by Mr. Personality on Sep 19th, 2011, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

THank-you Mr. Personality for posting that.

Los Angeles - RUMOUR: Doughty rejects 9 year $61.2million deal.
http://thehockeywriters.com/drew-dought ... omes-next/

I'm guessing if rumour is true. I would suspect that his agent feels Drew Doughty is worth something like between 7 mil Weber got and the 8.5 mil Chara will get. :smt102

The issue I see is if Cap stays unchanged or drops I see a number of teams that have tied-up large funds in couple of players, could screw themselves.

Current Cap is at $64,300,000.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Rumour is Doughty is holding out for a paycheck the same as Chara without having put in nearly the work. By all accounts, Doughty is actually very full of himself and this has less to do with his agent than his ego.
Meanwhile Luke Schenn won't sign until Doughty does, and you can bet he'll be after the same contract Doughty gets.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Mr. Personality wrote:Rumour is Doughty is holding out for a paycheck the same as Chara without having put in nearly the work. By all accounts, Doughty is actually very full of himself and this has less to do with his agent than his ego.
Meanwhile Luke Schenn won't sign until Doughty does, and you can bet he'll be after the same contract Doughty gets.

Luke Schenn did sign on Friday http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=187

LA has little over 9.3 mil to work with, I expect them keep some for trade deadline.

Added the team that needs to make some moves is Buffalo 3.6+ mil over the Cap.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Wasn't aware Schenn signed.

Buffalo needs to shed a little, and soon. But they're looking to dominate the East this year.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

For those unaware here is some information:

A no-trade clause means a player cannot be traded without his consent. Consent is not required for waivers for assignment to the minors.

A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout.

Limited and modified NTCs and NMCs simply mean the player's contract includes specific terms for the clauses, usually allowing the player to specify a no-trade list of undesirable teams or a trade list of desirable teams.

CBA reference: Section 11.8 (a & b) (P. 48)
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Luongo's NTC has a bit where after 5 years he can request a trade and after 7 the team can trade him.
I think.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”