NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:who know with butt man [icon_lol2.gif] , islanders, florida, carolina, coyotes, columbus :smt045

My take on things:
Islanders & the Barclays Centre problems & Carolina, both teams I believe are on the move. To were still up in the air, 2 places that are interested in the east.
Hartford
Quebec City

Who would I like see go were, impo
Carolina goes to Quebec City & New York Islanders heads to Hartford, I like the future of Carolina a young upcoming team just what Quebec City needs imo.

As for Arizona I suspect it will move to a new arena in Seattle, oh yes Florida... personal let it fold. Columbus once Tort's has built that team up, fire him and bring in a real coach and they will be fine.

That's my take, I don't really watch much NHL hockey anymore.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Ha Ha Ha..................the McOilers are getting what they deserve. The years of futility with so many 1st round draft picks boiled down to an owner (Katz) who had his head stuck in Oiler history and believed keeping the likes of Kevin (pylon) Lowe and similar other Oiler has-been's in management would lead to success. Katz then kinda, sorta woke up and hired Bob Nicholson from Hockey Canada (business man) as President. Then hires Peter Scirelli who was FIRED from the Boston Bruins for really screwing up that team after their 2011 Stanley Cup. Then hiring Head Coach Todd McLellan who if anything is a very average coach. Then another 1st-round pick of McDavid as icing on what appears to be a team heading in the right direction.........finally. What happens next..............Milan (dumb-as-a stump) Lucic is signed for a 5 year, $6,000,000 per year, no-trade contract..............this is Scirelli at his best. The next mistake...........lets make our rookie superstar the Captain............only the Oilers could be this stupid. Now, their 2 best players in McDavid and Draisaitl are surrounded by a bunch of SLOW and underperforming players (last years team performance appears now to have been over-achieving by a longshot). Trade bait to acquire better players is going to be difficult since they have no trade bait. Only hope is to finish last and try for another 1st round pick.............and it won't be another McDavid.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Johnny gaudreau is starting to look like the next big thing. Only 4 points away from leading the nhl.

*edit* make that 3 points away he just got another.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Guy i fought with just got forced to retire. He was a good player too. Best wishes to Derek Dorsett. I know his famioy back in sask. Him and his buddies jumped me one night. Smashed his brothers face into a bar urinal.

Anyways that was many many years ago.
I thought Derek was probably the grittiest player on the Canaucks. He will be missed
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Montreal just beat Detroit 10-1. lol
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:Montreal just beat Detroit 10-1. lol

Hopefully the scoring continues & Carey his back to his usual self, still would like the GM gone through.

Added later: now if only Edmonton now got huge kick in the as :cuss: , & wakeup.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

10-1 :smt045 the good old days
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

No Gary, please no more expansion teams. You have few that are hurting just have them move.
impo here are my moves:
Arizona to Seattle
NYI (not hurting, may not have arena to play in) goes to either Hartford or Quebec City
Carolina to either Hartford or Quebec City
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

NHL accepts Seattle expansion application; Hurricanes sold but will stay in Carolina

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/la- ... story.html
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i guess quebec will have to wait :-X ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:NHL accepts Seattle expansion application; Hurricanes sold but will stay in Carolina

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/la- ... story.html

Attendance in both the home of Hurricanes & Coyotes really sucks, impo both franchises should move.
Coyotes to Seattle and Hurricanes to Quebec City. Quebec City would be sold out most every game, as well Seattle.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Here are worst home game average percentages attendance for the 2017-18 season, 7 teams under 90%.
Columbus 84.6
Ottawa 82.2 (worst Canadian club, I'm guessing due to how far out of Ottawa the arena is)
Colorado 81.7
Arizona 78.4
New York Islanders 73.9
Florida 73.7
Carolina 63.5

next worse Canadian club Vancouver at 93.7
best Canadian club Toronto at 102.4% (so that means a lot of fans standing during the game)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and butt man wants more usa teams :cuss:
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:Here are worst home game average percentages attendance for the 2017-18 season, 7 teams under 90%.
Columbus 84.6
Ottawa 82.2 (worst Canadian club, I'm guessing due to how far out of Ottawa the arena is)
Colorado 81.7
Arizona 78.4
New York Islanders 73.9
Florida 73.7
Carolina 63.5

next worse Canadian club Vancouver at 93.7
best Canadian club Toronto at 102.4% (so that means a lot of fans standing during the game)

NHL attendance figures are a joke. Detroit apparently has been 100% full for the season. Anyone watching their games can see the building is no where close to being full. Empty seats everywhere. I don't think Florida has been 73% full for any of their games. I'd be surprised if they get 3,000 most nights. Free ticket giveaways should not be included in attendance, but I suspect they are being included.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

I think the oilers will still make the playoffs. They've been looking really good the past few games with the line changes. I'm sure they'll start pumping out win streaks soon.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”