NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: NHL

Post by Glacier »

Average number of points for each division right now:

Central = 91
Metro = 83
Atlanic = 82
Pacific = 80
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ of course the Pacific division has 2 big loser teams in it…. Edmonton & Arizona both playing under .400 hockey
Trying to go after the Connor McDavid sweepstakes
lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Ottawa blew it, letting useless Leafs comeback & win in OT.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:^^^ of course the Pacific division has 2 big loser teams in it…. Edmonton & Arizona both playing under .400 hockey
Trying to go after the Connor McDavid sweepstakes
lol

Fine, let's just take the top 5 in each division:
Central = 96.4
Atlantic = 93.6
Metro = 92.0
Pacific = 91.2
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Drops the difference between top to bottom division, from 11 to 5.2.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Phoenix Arizona is the only team in the west playing below .500 hockey right now (past 10 games). By contrast, 7 teams in the east are playing below .500. Columbus is the hottest team in the league right now, winning 9 of their past 10 games. They are one loss away from playoff elimination though.
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:Phoenix Arizona is the only team in the west playing below .500 hockey right now (past 10 games). By contrast, 7 teams in the east are playing below .500. Columbus is the hottest team in the league right now, winning 9 of their past 10 games. They are one loss away from playoff elimination though.

Columbus could win every game until end of the season, all it takes is Boston to win 1 more to eliminate the BlueJackets.
So really only 4 teams have chance on the wildcard spots in east: Washington (currently in), Boston (also currently in), Ottawa (3 points back) & Florida (4 points back).

Of course teams that are mathematically eliminate (or close to it), can be spoilers for those still hanging on to play-off hopes.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:Columbus is the hottest team in the league right now, winning 9 of their past 10 games. They are one loss away from playoff elimination though.

Columbus won again tonight, unfortunately so did Boston. So Columbus is officially eliminated.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So now in tomorrow game between Washington & Montreal, a win by Washington will knock Pittsburgh out of top 3 in Metro division. Put them into wildcard spot.

Also the game between Boston & Detroit, a win by Boston would give them a tie in points with Detroit (of course since Detroit has a GIH they stay in top 3 in the Atlantic).

Will Columbus winning streak continue

Oh yes games in the West a number are very important toward the playoff standing.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Even though Florida's play-off chances were slim at best, now 1 more win by Boston and Ottawa will be only team that can get in. Of course to do that Boston will need to lose 2 of there remaining 4 games.

Washington went from wildcard to #2 on the Metro division.

Detroit could find themselves in wild card spot with a loss & Boston win.

Regular season is winding down, come on playoffs
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Ottawa only gets 1 point today, so based on last 3 games for:

Detroit: 2 against Carolina & 1 against Montreal
Boston: Washington, Florida & Tampa (all on the road)
Ottawa: Pittsburgh, NYR, Philadelphia (last 2 on the road)

Advantage Detroit
Ottawa has small advantage over Boston, is it enough to get into play-off's.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:Ottawa only gets 1 point today, so based on last 3 games for:

Detroit: 2 against Carolina & 1 against Montreal
Boston: Washington, Florida & Tampa (all on the road)
Ottawa: Pittsburgh, NYR, Philadelphia (last 2 on the road)

Advantage Detroit
Ottawa has small advantage over Boston, is it enough to get into play-off's.

Why not just look at it realistically. If Ottawa loses 1 out of the last 3 games, Detroit and Boston only need to win once and they are guaranteed a playoff spot. In other words, it's over. There is no advantage to any of those teams other than the fact that 2 of them have a two point lead.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Because I also look at how each team is currently playing, then consider who they have to play.

Ottawa 6-2-2
Boston 5-2-3
Detroit 3-5-2

In the last 10, Detroit has worst record but has the easiest remaining 3 games. Meanwhile Boston second best last 10 but has the hardest remaining 3 plus has to do them away.
Leaving Ottawa with best last 10 also 2nd hardest last 3 games.

Because I would like to see Ottawa in the play-offs
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

What about Pittsburgh?

95 points

3-6-1 last 10

Ottawa Tuesday
New York Isles Friday
Buffalo Saturday (okay, well... !!!)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bretbaby wrote:What about Pittsburgh?

95 points

3-6-1 last 10

Ottawa Tuesday
New York Isles Friday
Buffalo Saturday (okay, well... !!!)

Oh yes my bad, they are playing with a number of key players out due to injuries.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”