NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: NHL

Post by Poindexter »

Craig Mcinnis, "the way they hand out suspensions and penalties you wonder if the nhl wants to replace all the thouroughbreads with Clydesdales."

The weak suspension of Widemen is yet another capitution to the nhlpa which you'd think should be concerned with player welfare but yet again proves it's beating to a drum no one completely understands.

Edit spelling
Last edited by Poindexter on Feb 3rd, 2016, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Of course NHLPA is going to appeal, if this appeal reduces 20 games (which is a joke) and reduces 500000 fine. Then hopefully the NHLOA will walk off the ice telling NHLPA to go *blank* themselves.
The last time league went out and got substitute Ref's it was a huge joke.
1988 Wales Conference Finals game 4
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I'm confused by the nhl. Why do they hate skill?

Going out on a limb but the reason the nhl and nhlpa acts the way they do is thier old school concern of taking the physiscality out of the league. IMO what does that is fighting. :200:
When a good hit is thrown there is no reason a guy should have to fight or be branded cheap. A good hit is part of the game and has been replaced by over staged cuddle matches. :skippingsheep:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Dion Phaneuf is no longer a Maple Leafs problem, he is though a Senators issue now.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Home run for the Leafs from my perspective too. More so when I read this.
http://www.silversevensens.com/2016/1/2 ... e-deadline
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is no longer a Maple Leafs problem, he is though a Senators issue now.

imo, he is one of the most over rated players of all time..
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is no longer a Maple Leafs problem, he is though a Senators issue now.

the truth wrote:imo, he is one of the most over rated players of all time..

I am surprised Bryan Murray would pick up Dion and keep high salary without getting Toronto to pay some of it.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Ever wonder what happened to Phaneuf? Why he has evolved into a player that seems to contribute less than his potential seemed to be as he was leaving junior and in his early days with the Flames? Or is there some subtlety to his game that some of us are missing? I don't think so, but he did seem [at the outset] to be a player destined to be in the top 5 defensemen in the NHL.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Phaneuf's game has had to evolve since the early years of his career. He's also had to play the role of a #1 defenceman, which is slightly out of his range. He's more like a really strong #2. But he does seem like one of those players who, no matter what he does, it will be viewed as not enough.

Toronto's problems didn't magically disappear when they fired their coach or when they traded Phil Kessel, and they won't disappear with the absence of Dion Phaneuf. He'll do just fine in Ottawa.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well ottawa is 0w-3L Since the big trade lol- phaneuf is soooooooooooooooo over rated
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So Gary Bettman did not reduce or add day to Denis Wideman suspension.
http://www.tsn.ca/bettman-upholds-widem ... n-1.439445

If Calgary Flames management has problem with that, to damn bad Mr. Burke.

IMHO it should have been longer with a bigger fine
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I agree, 20 games for abusing the ref and another 10 for failing to accept responsibility.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:I agree, 20 games for abusing the ref and another 10 for failing to accept responsibility.

Instead of dropping this, sound like they are going to arbitrator.
ktowner
Fledgling

Post by ktowner »

Anyone else out there notice how dull hockey is becoming? Teams at all levels are basically all the same, parity has become the name of the game everywhere. Teams have all the same style of players, play similar systems and it's basically a coin toss most nights..... The lack of emotion and aggression makes most games seem like Disney on ice.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ktowner wrote:Anyone else out there notice how dull hockey is becoming? Teams at all levels are basically all the same, parity has become the name of the game everywhere. Teams have all the same style of players, play similar systems and it's basically a coin toss most nights..... The lack of emotion and aggression makes most games seem like Disney on ice.

I'm watching much more WHL & BCHL and a lot less NHL.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”