NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL 2011--2012 Season

Post by GordonH »

Mr. Personality wrote:Luongo's NTC has a bit where after 5 years he can request a trade and after 7 the team can trade him.
I think.

Bottom-line with Luongo he holds the keys to what management & ownership can do, for foreseeable future. :smt102
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Fact: Luongo was in net for game 7 of the Final Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and don't you chumps ever forget it.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I bet Roberto would like to forget! :spinball:
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

StraitTalk wrote:Fact: Luongo was in net for game 7 of the Final Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and don't you chumps ever forget it.

I watched the game, so no I will not forget it. Actually I seen all 3 Vancouver finals.

1982 the worst
2011 better
1994 IMO the best of the 3.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

I am aware this is only a preseason game.

Winnipeg returns tonight as a NHL franchise as expected full noisy house & 6 to 1 win over Columbus.

Official Welcome Back
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

WTHWYT wrote:I am aware this is only a preseason game.

Winnipeg returns tonight as a NHL franchise as expected full noisy house & 6 to 1 win over Columbus.

Official Welcome Back

...and a quiet 5-1 loss in Columbus.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Mr. Personality wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:I am aware this is only a preseason game.

Official Welcome Back

...and a quiet 5-1 loss in Columbus.

A win & loss for Winnipeg....Hmm what happen with Vancouver split squad.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Got smoked in Calgary and pulled out a win in Vancouver. What's your point?

Sturm looked good.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Mr. Personality wrote:Got smoked in Calgary and pulled out a win in Vancouver. What's your point?

Sturm looked good.

I knew the loss in Columbus, my post was about NHL returning to Winnipeg.

Come Oct 13, 2011 will first regular season game in Winnipeg in 15 years.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

WTHWYT wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:Got smoked in Calgary and pulled out a win in Vancouver. What's your point?

Sturm looked good.

That'll be good. I can't wait until next season when Winnipeg moves to the West and the Canucks/Jets rivalry can start up again.

MAN I hated the Jets.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Mr. Personality wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:

Sturm looked good.

That'll be good. I can't wait until next season when Winnipeg moves to the West and the Canucks/Jets rivalry can start up again.

MAN I hated the Jets.

What I'm interest to see is the realignment of the league, will Detroit get what they been looking for...... Eastern bound.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

WTHWYT wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:

Sturm looked good.

MAN I hated the Jets.

What I'm interest to see is the realignment of the league, will Detroit get what they been looking for...... Eastern bound.

I think they will, even though Nashville really deserves it more. Honestly, moving Winnipeg to the Central and Nashville to the Southeast makes the most sense, but Bettman apparently has far grander plans than that.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Mr. Personality wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:

Sturm looked good.

MAN I hated the Jets.

I think they will, even though Nashville really deserves it more. Honestly, moving Winnipeg to the Central and Nashville to the Southeast makes the most sense, but Bettman apparently has far grander plans than that.

Geographically yes moving Nashville make sense. But to say they deserve it more sorry... no, Nashville is expansion team Detroit is original 6 they have earn the right to move.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

WTHWYT wrote:Geographically yes moving Nashville make sense. But to say they deserve it more sorry... no, Nashville is expansion team Detroit is original 6 they have earn the right to move.

Oh, that's crap and you know it.
First of all, the Predators entered the league in 1998-99. As such, they can only be called an "expansion" team at this point if you also call Anaheim, Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York Islanders, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington and Winnipeg "expansion" teams.
Secondly, the attitude that Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, Montreal and the Rangers somehow deserve better treatment than the rest of the league is crap. They've been around longer and that's great, but to do what's best for those teams over what's best for the league is completely mentally deficient thinking.
Third, for all their complaining, Detroit doesn't even have the worst travel schedule in the league, Vancouver does.

In short, I don't care how long each individual team has been around. Do what's right for the league, not for the oldest and whiniest teams.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Mr. Personality wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:Geographically yes moving Nashville make sense. But to say they deserve it more sorry... no, Nashville is expansion team Detroit is original 6 they have earn the right to move.

Oh, that's crap and you know it.
First of all, the Predators entered the league in 1998-99. As such, they can only be called an "expansion" team at this point if you also call Anaheim, Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York Islanders, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington and Winnipeg "expansion" teams.
Secondly, the attitude that Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, Montreal and the Rangers somehow deserve better treatment than the rest of the league is crap. They've been around longer and that's great, but to do what's best for those teams over what's best for the league is completely mentally deficient thinking.
Third, for all their complaining, Detroit doesn't even have the worst travel schedule in the league, Vancouver does.

In short, I don't care how long each individual team has been around. Do what's right for the league, not for the oldest and whiniest teams.

I hate to burst both of your bubbles the team farthest east is Columbus. Check your maps, before either one of you start throwing stuff I,m out of here. Working and all.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”