NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

Few minor changes in draft pick order, and Calgary improved there goaltending with trade to get Brian Elliott
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Subban will eventually wind up with the Leafs and be a leader of the coming dynasty.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Few big names on the move
http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker
Some are staying put
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/free-agency

It appears some Montreal fan are not happy with the trade, I remember Shea being a Kelowna Rocket. Both players needed a change and both teams will benefit.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Same story in Edmonton, fans are not happy about the Hall for Larsson.

No how many much fire power Edmonton would ever have in forward lineup, without a defence they would continue to be dead last. They need more so expect them to try to pick up free agency another defenceman
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Same story in Edmonton, fans are not happy about the Hall for Larsson.

No how many much fire power Edmonton would ever have in forward lineup, without a defence they would continue to be dead last. They need more so expect them to try to pick up free agency another defenceman

Edmonton still needs more help on defense, with the addition Milan Lucic helps with loss Taylor Hall.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Toronto has dealt Jonathan Bernier to Anaheim for 2017 conditional draft pick
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

im happy for bernier. i hope he challenges for number 1 goalie and does well. plus on hockey wives all the girls love being in LA. lol
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

sooperphreek wrote:im happy for bernier. i hope he challenges for number 1 goalie and does well. plus on hockey wives all the girls love being in LA. lol

Unless Bernier does 180 degree turn around in his game, he will mostly be backing up John Gibson Anaheim current #1.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

i think its only fair to say that he did an admirable job considering what was in front of him in a crazy market. in anahiem he can be anonymous and can just focus on the game.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

sooperphreek wrote:i think its only fair to say that he did an admirable job considering what was in front of him in a crazy market. in anahiem he can be anonymous and can just focus on the game.

Potential is there he is a first round draft pick 11th overall so scouting staff of the LA Kings must have seen something when they drafted him.
Anaheim has a pretty good Goalie coach in Dwayne Roloson
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

He'll fit quite well in the California market. Going from court side seats at the Raptors games to rubbing elbows with Hollywood stars at the Lakers game will be a step up. He won't be the only person now who thinks that Nelson Mandela was a hockey player and a great athlete either.

http://deadspin.com/jonathan-bernier-hu ... 1668629411
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

Should Maple Leafs hockey fans feel a little nervous that their number one over-all pick Auston Mattnews has yet to sign an entry level NHL contract with the team? Not saying that it won't be done fairly soon but the longer it goes on there may be the slim chance that Mattnews could return to his Swiss Elite League as a bargaining ploy rather than play for the Leafs in the 2016/2017 NHL season.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:Should Maple Leafs hockey fans feel a little nervous that their number one over-all pick Auston Mattnews has yet to sign an entry level NHL contract with the team? Not saying that it won't be done fairly soon but the longer it goes on there may be the slim chance that Mattnews could return to his Swiss Elite League as a bargaining ploy rather than play for the Leafs in the 2016/2017 NHL season.

Not usual for the #1 pick overall and his agent, there is lots of time before training camp to get this done.
Last edited by GordonH on Jul 12th, 2016, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:He'll fit quite well in the California market. Going from court side seats at the Raptors games to rubbing elbows with Hollywood stars at the Lakers game will be a step up. He won't be the only person now who thinks that Nelson Mandela was a hockey player and a great athlete either.

http://deadspin.com/jonathan-bernier-hu ... 1668629411

Both players & coaches would rather be on an original 6 team, just because of the rich history (no matter if they have won anything recently).

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”