NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: NHL 2011--2012 Season

Post by JayByrd »

WTHWYT wrote:
Come Oct 13, 2011 will first regular season game in Winnipeg in 15 years.

I can't wait for that day. After that game, Canada can go back to doing what it did so well for 30 years.

Not caring about the Winnipeg Jets.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

hockeyfan1970 wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:Geographically yes moving Nashville make sense. But to say they deserve it more sorry... no, Nashville is expansion team Detroit is original 6 they have earn the right to move.

Oh, that's crap and you know it.
First of all, the Predators entered the league in 1998-99. As such, they can only be called an "expansion" team at this point if you also call Anaheim, Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York Islanders, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington and Winnipeg "expansion" teams.
Secondly, the attitude that Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, Montreal and the Rangers somehow deserve better treatment than the rest of the league is crap. They've been around longer and that's great, but to do what's best for those teams over what's best for the league is completely mentally deficient thinking.
Third, for all their complaining, Detroit doesn't even have the worst travel schedule in the league, Vancouver does.

In short, I don't care how long each individual team has been around. Do what's right for the league, not for the oldest and whiniest teams.

I hate to burst both of your bubbles the team farthest east is Columbus. Check your maps, before either one of you start throwing stuff I,m out of here. Working and all.

No, I get that, but Nashville is right in the territory of the SouthEast division with Tamps, Florida, Carolina and Washington.
Columbus is right in line with the division they're currently in.
Although another Columbus/Pittsburgh rivalry could be interesting.

Actually, looking at a map of the NHL, you're never going to get an even East/West split without sticking a couple teams that by all rights should be in the east, in the West.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

I did quick alignment idea. Moving Vancouver would do 2 things short travel distant of 324 Km one way as well fewer time zones to deal with. (Example Vancouver to St Paul 2307 km or Phoenix at 1983 km)

North West Longest Distance between division team 1753 Km
Oilers
Flames
Jets
Wild
Avalanche

Pacific 1983 Km
Canucks
Sharks
Kings
Ducks
Coyotes

Central 1606 Km
Blackhawks
Blue Jackets
Blues
Red Wings
Stars

North East 693 Km
Canadiens
Senators
Maple Leafs
Sabres
Bruins

Atlantic 510 Km
Islanders
Rangers
Devils
Flyers
Penguins

South East 1490 Km
Predators
Capitols
Hurricanes
Lightning
Panthers

The league will do, what the league will do.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

That would work. Unfortunately the Wings and their fans feel they're entitled to be in the East, so it still wouldn't make them happy.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Mr. Personality wrote:That would work. Unfortunately the Wings and their fans feel they're entitled to be in the East, so it still wouldn't make them happy.

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Move Detroit to NE than move Boston to Atlantic than pick either Pitts or Philly to SE. Hows that.

Oops move Nashville back into Central

Then 1606 Km becomes 1466 Km.
Last edited by RR24K on Sep 22nd, 2011, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

RR24K wrote:Move Detroit to NW

:137:
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Oops fixed, thank-you Mr. Personality
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Drew Doughty 8 year $56,000,000 = $7,000,000 at this point verbal will be sign before heading to Europe.

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/st ... 1426849792
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Too much money for a guy who just started playing, but who knows, it may pay off for the Kings. Their line-up is looking good this season.
I almost want to call a Kings/Sabres final right now.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Mr. Personality wrote:Wasn't aware Schenn signed.

Buffalo needs to shed a little, and soon. But they're looking to dominate the East this year.

Buffalo have been busy playing with the books going from 3.6 mil over the Cap to having near 930,000 under.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Sean Avery has been released by NYR who would pick-up him up.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

hockeyfan1970 wrote:Sean Avery has been released by NYR who would pick-up him up.

Talk is no one. He'll be lucky to land in Europe somewhere and not play in the AHL.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Mr. Personality wrote:
hockeyfan1970 wrote:Sean Avery has been released by NYR who would pick-up him up.

Talk is no one. He'll be lucky to land in Europe somewhere and not play in the AHL.

Personally I not sad to see him gone, he has potential to be little better than average player. Just needed to stop all BS.
Maybe Europe will do him some good.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

He actually had the potential to be more than above average. Actually, when he's behaving, he's quite a good hockey player.

With that said, I don't think Europe will change anything. Whoever picks him up will just want his talent for creating headlines.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Mr. Personality wrote:He actually had the potential to be more than above average. Actually, when he's behaving, he's quite a good hockey player.

With that said, I don't think Europe will change anything. Whoever picks him up will just want his talent for creating headlines.

Avery is very talented if he wants to be I agree with you Mr. Personality on that. At 31 his years to show this is winding up, and he as said in the past he would not play for a Canadian team. Have to wonder if he would go to Europe or just have Rangers buy him out move on. Seeing his contract only has 2011/2012 season left @ 4 mil.

Any team thinking of bring him in needs to take long hard look what problems he could bring into the locker-room.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”