NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Re: NHL

Post by Straight Shooter »

Wayne was not a fighter, turned out very well for him..... Connor does not appear to be a fighter either, of course with his speed he does not need to fight.

Well, I don't think Wayne or Connor weighed 215lbs and was 6'3 either. Playing with grit doesn't nessesary mean dropping your gloves either but this was a line-brawl which sure doesn't happen very often in this era of hockey. Sometimes, you have to prove to your teammates that you'll do something for the good of the team. It seemed to work for the Canucks in their next game against the Rangers.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Wayne was not a fighter, turned out very well for him..... Connor does not appear to be a fighter either, of course with his speed he does not need to fight.

Straight Shooter wrote:Well, I don't think Wayne or Connor weighed 215lbs and was 6'3 either. Playing with grit doesn't nessesary mean dropping your gloves either but this was a line-brawl which sure doesn't happen very often in this era of hockey. Sometimes, you have to prove to your teammates that you'll do something for the good of the team. It seemed to work for the Canucks in their next game against the Rangers.

Auston went from US national u-17 & u-18 to Swiss league, were fighting is not aloud.
Give him time with coaching & training staff of TML, that part of his game may come. If he only brings scoring to Leafs and not the grit, it still something Toronto has been lacking since the retirement of Mats (meaning the scoring).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Congrats to Jaromir Jagr who has just passed Mark Messier and now sits alone at the #2 spot for all time points!

Jagr.jpg
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I was never a fan of Mark so having him knock out of #2 spot by Jagr is excellent.
Knowing the way the game has changed little to no chance of anyone catching Wayne.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tort's team is playing lights out, but can they tie longest winning streak or will Caps be spoilers.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Eastern team is possibly going up for sale, Gary Bettman is committed in keeping the NHL out of Quebec City.
So Gary would rather keep a team in an area were attendance is poor at best, instead of moving it to Quebec City were attendance very close to full. Just because Gary does not want another Canadian team in the league.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i hate that man
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Finally Montreal kicked Therrien to the curb, hopefully Julien can get the team deep into playoffs.

On different subject
http://www.tsn.ca/nhlpa-joins-fight-aga ... w-1.672750
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

it's about time :up: :up: worst coach in the nhl he was
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Professional sports athletes in State of Illinois should be concerned if this passes, owners on the another hand will be happy.
Now if does pass it could start the ball rolling in other States.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Gordon H; Can you please give me an update on the Flames/Oilers/Canucks and their respective chances? I can't get into hockey just yet and you seem to have a lock down.

No worries if you can't.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Gordon H; Can you please give me an update on the Flames/Oilers/Canucks and their respective chances? I can't get into hockey just yet and you seem to have a lock down.

No worries if you can't.

Edmonton has the best chance in staying in playoffs, if what I suspect is going to happen at trade deadline could be cause of Calgary to be out..... as for Vancouver they would need a miracle to make it.

What my suspicion is at trade deadline, Vancouver & LA could make a trade involving Ryan Miller. Reason being since Quick went down with what appears to be a season ending injury, LA has been in need of #1 goalie.

If Ryan does go the LA, and knowing they are only 1 point out final playoff spot which is held by Calgary.

Anything can happen with 22+/- games remaining

Added: Miller becomes free agent July 1, better to get something for him now.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Thank you sir.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

And he's still almost 1000 points behind. Just goes to show you what th Great One accomplished.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

mexicalidreamer wrote:And he's still almost 1000 points behind. Just goes to show you what th Great One accomplished.

If you are talking about Jágr then yes, Wayne would have much harder time racking up points in todays game.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”