NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Re: NHL

Post by Straight Shooter »

Straight Shooter wrote:Should Maple Leafs hockey fans feel a little nervous that their number one over-all pick Auston Mattnews has yet to sign an entry level NHL contract with the team? Not saying that it won't be done fairly soon but the longer it goes on there may be the slim chance that Mattnews could return to his Swiss Elite League as a bargaining ploy rather than play for the Leafs in the 2016/2017 NHL season.

Whose is going to win out Lou or Auston? With training camp less than two month away and the two sides miles apart on a contract could the Leafs ill afford to bungle this one up?

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/20 ... thews.html
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Time will tell, Brendan & Lou (specially Lou) know what they are doing. It's not Lou's first rodeo

Of course Toronto sports media loves making mountains out of mole hills.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

GordonH wrote:^^^ Time will tell, Brendan & Lou (specially Lou) know what they are doing. It's not Lou's first rodeo

Of course Toronto sports media loves making mountains out of mole hills.

You called it Mr. GordonH.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/aus ... -1.3689506
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Here are the details of the signed agreement
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/auston-matthews
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Toronto Maple Leafs #1 draft pick had a hell of a debut into NHL regular season:
4 goals on 6 shots Auston Matthew's
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

he had a great game for sure, chances of another 4 goal game this year ,slim to non
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Any thoughts on the Oilers? They're off to a good start, have the most points right now.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Frisk wrote:Any thoughts on the Oilers? They're off to a good start, have the most points right now.

Its hard to Say. Both Oilers and Canucks are doing good, but its too early in the season to say for sure how good they are. 20-30 games in the season and we will get a better picture.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:Any thoughts on the Oilers? They're off to a good start, have the most points right now.

Coach McLellan is not putting up with any bonehead moves i.e stupid penalties. When player does he is benched. Last year McLellan wanted to see how bad things were...
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Here is my strategy in any team sport:
Don't play your best in regular season..... play good enough to make the playoffs, then pour out your best in the playoffs.
Seen far to many teams try have best regular season record just to die once in the playoffs, impo very dumb strategy.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

The habs are off to a good start as well.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

helps when they have the best goalie in the world, and one of the best d man also in the world :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:The habs are off to a good start as well.

If they can keep up the scoring plus the 2 goalies Price & Montoya, they should be okay.... as long as the dingbat bench boss doesn't screw it up (never liked that guy for some reason).
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

he will find a way to f it up, he always does :-X
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Boy does Shea Weber ever look good in a Montreal Canadian jersey. Just as good as John Travares will look like in a Toronto Maple Leafs sweater when the Leafs sign him as a UFA come this summer. Yup, yup, yup.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”