NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: NHL

Post by Poindexter »

Don't have much confidence in cloutier either but hopefully her learned how to play the position from working under Rolland for the last few years. Wonder if Edmonton will come after Hamuis, he's kinda what they need. Wouldn't mind taking Nurse or Reinhart off their hands and Yakapov would be relatively cheap for a first over all pick but don't have what they'd want in return. Miller would be ideal trade bait but unlikely he'll fetch anything like these players at this stage of his career.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I've knowing this for some time now, the math has caught up. Gary must be grinning from ear to ear.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/162 ... n-playoffs
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

A bit unsavory when I believe many of the Canadian clubs are subsidizing US teams that made the playoffs.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:A bit unsavory when I believe many of the Canadian clubs are subsidizing US teams that made the playoffs.

I totally agree

Added later: with that there is local playoff hockey happening, go out and watch.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:A bit unsavory when I believe many of the Canadian clubs are subsidizing US teams that made the playoffs.

Having no Canadian teams at NHL playoffs, its happened once before: http://www.hockey-reference.com/playoffs/NHL_1970.html
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Wow, this is a first for NHL rushing the playoff's. Like I've said not been paying as much attention this season as in the past. Only notice today that round 2 is starting tonight, meanwhile round 1 still has a game going.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

GordonH wrote:Wow, this is a first for NHL rushing the playoff's. Like I've said not been paying as much attention this season as in the past. Only notice today that round 2 is starting tonight, meanwhile round 1 still has a game going.

I saw a tweet about it the other day, but cant find it now. Its the first time this has happened since like 1982. The reasoning I am not sure. Only reason I could think of would be arena booked, but it is free tomorrow night.
Life is too sho......
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

only usa teams playing ,bettmans wet dream come true ,tv viewer ship must be down 90% because many Canadians are not to interested in playoffs this year
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:only usa teams playing ,bettmans wet dream come true ,tv viewer ship must be down 90% because many Canadians are not to interested in playoffs this year

That was apparent from trade deadline (for some Canadian based teams earlier then that) to end of the season.

Some fans follow there favourite player(s) and don't really care where the team is based. As for Gary I agree
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

First Playoff casualty has happened Bruce Boudreau was fired as head coach, he has great success as regular season coach. Just has 1 little problem, not much success in the playoffs.

I suspect his next stop is Ottawa
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

With the Leafs quite possibly having three players 20 years or younger in their line-up next season, the question remains who is going to protect these young players? After seeing Sydney Crosby take as much punishment as he has throughout his career and even during this year play-off run, protection of these young, very talented players is a must. I do believe the Leafs management have and will take this into consideration. I'm not saying that the Leafs should sign up John Scott but he does have a presence, doesn't he?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:With the Leafs quite possibly having three players 20 years or younger in their line-up next season, the question remains who is going to protect these young players? After seeing Sydney Crosby take as much punishment as he has throughout his career and even during this year play-off run, protection of these young, very talented players is a must. I do believe the Leafs management have and will take this into consideration. I'm not saying that the Leafs should sign up John Scott but he does have a presence, doesn't he?

Its wait and see, regular season will begin for 2016-17 season in early October. I guess you are going have trust Coach Babcock
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Toronto went out & got #1 goalie in Frederik Andersen from Anaheim, it cost them 2 draft picks 1st round 30th overall this year and 2017 2nd pick.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

imo Toronto got the better of that deal for sure
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Wonder if this is still the case, Islanders still want out of Barclays Centre. If so there is new arena in Quebec City (Boston moves into Metropolitan Division & Islanders/Nordiques move to Atlantic.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/repo ... -cut-ties/

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”