NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NHL

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:I was reading a few weeks back that the oilers had expressed interest in Karlsson but I have no idea how they could pull that one off with their salary cap issues. It'd probably have to be a big 1 for 1 trade.

Since they have all but 2 RFA signed, if they could get Lucic gone... they could pull it off.

Projected Cap space is at little over 8 mil, plus the 6 mil for Lucic off the books.

Unfortunately Lucic has NMC... oh well another chance bites the dust (go here https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers and move pointer over NMC next to his name to see what the details of the clause)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Yeah lucic really powered out last season. Now they're stuck with him for another 5 years unless they buy him out or something.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:Yeah lucic really powered out last season. Now they're stuck with him for another 5 years unless they buy him out or something.

Not necessarily, Lucic could waive his no movement clause/no trade clause & give a short list of teams he would go to.
If that happens Oilers would/could have to swallow part of Lucic current contract.

This all has to start with Lucic, not the Oilers management.

Added later: Lucic is to McDavid as Semenko was to Gretzky.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Not that Carey Price would bring it up, but if Marc Bergevin did have one on one & ask (knowing total sh :cuss: show happening in Montreal).

If Carey were to on the market the return the Canadiens would get could almost rebuild the team.

Who would be the best fit.... as a actual contender now.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

GordonH wrote:Not that Carey Price would bring it up, but if Marc Bergevin did have one on one & ask (knowing total sh :cuss: show happening in Montreal).

If Carey were to on the market the return the Canadiens would get could almost rebuild the team.

Tough question to answer, because whoever gets Price would have to give up one or two of their own top players to get him, thus perhaps dropping out of the equation.
Teams that I think are a premier goaltender away from being serious challengers include Toronto and Pittsburg, although both also need upgrades on defence to be in the mix.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Not that Carey Price would bring it up, but if Marc Bergevin did have one on one & ask (knowing total sh :cuss: show happening in Montreal).

RupertBear wrote:Tough question to answer, because whoever gets Price would have to give up one or two of their own top players to get him, thus perhaps dropping out of the equation.
Teams that I think are a premier goaltender away from being serious challengers include Toronto and Pittsburg, although both also need upgrades on defence to be in the mix.

At this point in Montreal, Bergevin would be better off staying away from other teams current top players.
Instead go after the future & use Carey as huge rebuild stepping stone for the Canadiens.
They have few young players now in Victor Mete, Jonathan Drouin & Max Domi etc.. etc
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to his Family & Friends, rest in peace Ray
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/23 ... lie-drowns
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Max Pacioretty has gotten out of the nightmare known as the Marc Bergevin version of the Montreal Canadiens.
If Carey is smart he should request a trade... impo.

Added: it will be toss up between Ottawa or Montreal who will be at the bottom of that division.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree...........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:agree...........

Carey Price has won World Junior gold... World Cup/Canada Cup gold... Olympic gold, only 1 he is missing is the Stanley Cup. He will never win that in Montreal, they are really screwed up right now.

Added the next day: impo the team that would be a good fit for Carey would be the Edmonton Oilers (unfortunately no cap space).
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Wow so ottawa traded erik karlsson to san jose. Ottawa fans don't seem too happy about it.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Frisk wrote:Wow so ottawa traded erik karlsson to san jose. Ottawa fans don't seem too happy about it.

The fans in Ottawa won't know if this was a good deal or not for many years to come. Meanwhile San Jose's blueline just got a whole hell of a lot better.... Burns & Karlsson together ouch.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

talk about a one two punch :crazy:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Ty Rattie has been pretty impressive for the oilers in the preseason so far. 7 goals and 3 assists in 3 games. He fits good with McDavid & RNH.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Not gonna lie, toronto looks like a serious stanley cup competitor. 6 wins and 33 goals in 7 games.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”