NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

^^^Ouch for his physical pain & ouch for his career in the NFL, this is why its important to get education/backup to your sports career. Because you never really know how long that career will last.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i found a video that shows what happened. it was pretty much nothing compared to what those guys usually go through. second video on page, and i have no idea why it's in Spanish. [icon_lol2.gif]

http://deadspin.com/texans-tackle-derek ... 1788171975
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i hope i don't get kicked out of the Sports section for posting something cute:

J.K. Rowling reveals herself as a Seahawks fan

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/JK-Rowlin ... --48543105
― Albert Einstein
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

ferri wrote:i hope i don't get kicked out of the Sports section for posting something cute:

J.K. Rowling reveals herself as a Seahawks fan

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/JK-Rowlin ... --48543105

Hopefully one of her characters finds a spell to conjour up an offensive line so Wilson won't continue to get treated like a golden snitch. :smt045
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I'm here so I won't be fined...... I'm here so I won't be fined...... I'm here so I won't be fined...... I'm here so I won't be fined...... I'm here so I won't be fined
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:cry: i'm taking you off my friends list right now!
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i don't remember if i posted this before. if i did, tough, here it is again... [icon_lol2.gif]

Seahawk Cliff Avril hoping to use sacks to build homes in Haiti

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -in-haiti/

since i read this he has 5 sacks i think. :D
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

[icon_lol2.gif]

The Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce was ejected after complaining to officials for not calling a pass interference penalty, then whipping his towel at the official as if it were a flag.

oops, i've been informed the link doesn't work. so here's one that does.

― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Even though I am Seahawks fan, I know a roughing a kicker call. Rex has every reason to be po'ed

crazy one happening in Seattle tonight
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

that was so weird! not like Sherman at all. i really do think it was an off sides, but it should have been called roughing a kicker. but i don't think the fake injury helped the case any. LOL what a drama queen! i have to say that was the strangest string of plays i have ever seen in football. lol i sat with my mouth hanging open for about 15 minutes after it was all over. i'm still not sure what i watched. :200:
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

okay, i've been looking all over the internet trying to figure out what happened, and here's what i came up with, You play until they blow the whistle. there was no whistle, Sherman was blatantly off sides, but he did not rough the kicker. watching it in slow motion you can see he touched the ball (batting it away) before his momentum carried him into the kicker.

what people are ignoring is the miracle performed right after that! that kicker writhing on the field like his leg was broken in 80 places, as soon as the medical team shows up he jumps up just fine. [icon_lol2.gif]
― Albert Einstein
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I saw that he touched the ball before the kicker on the first replay, which means no roughing the kicker. If play was blown dead then it's different but the whistle hadn't blown. I'm always amazed how commentators who've been involved in the game all their lives aren't more knowledgeable about the rules.

Now on the issue of not resetting the play clock however, I do side with the Bills on that one.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:I saw that he touched the ball before the kicker on the first replay, which means no roughing the kicker. If play was blown dead then it's different but the whistle hadn't blown. I'm always amazed how commentators who've been involved in the game all their lives aren't more knowledgeable about the rules.

Now on the issue of not resetting the play clock however, I do side with the Bills on that one.

Looking at youtube Sherman took out both legs while the kicking leg was in motion
http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl ... he-kicker/

ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

did you notice the kicker grabbed the wrong knee? and that miracle healing! hahaha

i don't know. i think the refs got it right. :D
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”