NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: NFL

Post by Urbane »

I was hoping for Jacksonville to beat the Patriots . . . and Minnesota to beat Philly . . . and now I'll be rooting for the Eagles to beat the Patriots . . . so I'm sure that the Patriots will win.
:-X
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This seals it, I knew I was terrible at predicting wins.

So if my batting average continues at predicting.

Then I predict New England wins the Super Bowl, hopefully I will have a completely bad set of prediction (kinda like the Browns excellent regular season) *wink* *wink*

Barring a miracle (32 points in 12 minutes, impossible) it will be New England vs Philadelphia at Super Bowl in Minnesota
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

GordonH wrote:This seals it, I knew I was terrible at predicting wins.

So if my batting average continues at predicting.

Then I predict New England wins the Super Bowl, hopefully I will have a completely bad set of prediction (kinda like the Browns excellent regular season) *wink* *wink*

Barring a miracle (32 points in 12 minutes, impossible) it will be New England vs Philadelphia at Super Bowl in Minnesota

I'm a member of the "bad at predicting" club as well. Oh well. Philly and New England it is and hopefully the Eagles can make a game of it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cheering for the Patriots...won that bet... lost the next one :( so far but will be a great Superbowl.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

ferri wrote:My predictions:

I think the Jaguars could beat the Patriots if they could stop being jerks and just concentrate on football. Unfortunately I don't think they can do that so I think the Patriots will win. :-X

The Eagles will wear the Vikings out.

Superbowl= Patriots vs Eagles

But I could be wrong. [icon_lol2.gif]

Or I could be right. :admin:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ya - you were right ... damn...But still going to be a great Superbowl!!!!!
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote: Or I could be right. :admin:

Well, I certainly was not. Damn Patriots. So, I'd pick the Patriots for the Superbowl but I've obviously been underestimating the Eagle so I could pick them but the way my picks are going that would mean the Patriots will win. See? Science :smt045
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

haha!!! I would love to see the Eagles beat the Patriots. And I think if they play like they did against the Vikings they could do it. But that dang Brady!

By the way. That wasn't an accidental hit on Gronkowski yesterday. Those idiot Jaguars just didn't realize that Brady has more than one receiver. :-X I was glad to see the Jaguars gone. I hate dirty players and they target the key players. Jerks.
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote: By the way. That wasn't an accidental hit on Gronkowski yesterday. Those idiot Jaguars just didn't realize that Brady has more than one receiver. :-X I was glad to see the Jaguars gone. I hate dirty players and they target the key players. Jerks.

Them and the Saints - cheer for them (or the Jags) no more
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

If I get time today I'm going to see who the Seahawks were playing when they lost Cliff Avril, Kam Chancellor, I think one other important player...I'm pretty sure it was the Eagles.

That helmet to helmet late hit stuff needs to be automatic rejection from the game. :-X

Well. I was finally wrong. [icon_lol2.gif] It was Arizona.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/11/18 ... 9s-game-vs
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The Pats may have won but they didn't look great while they did it. I am convinced that teams believe that no matter how far up they are on the Pats that brady will find a way. They get inside their own heads and then they lose.

The Falcons last year for example; they had no business losing that game.It was as much them losing their collective football minds and their fear of the "comeback" that made them choke.

The Jags were playing a solid, no frills game and then bang; Brady gest in their heads and they start making plays that previously they hadn't been able to.

Brady is good for sure (I hate that about him) but I am convinced that the team who doesn't mentally bow down to him or fear the second half against them can beat them.

All my Ju Ju is going against them and for the birds.

What a story it would be for Nick Foles.

Carson who?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

ferri wrote:If I get time today I'm going to see who the Seahawks were playing when they lost Cliff Avril, Kam Chancellor, I think one other important player...I'm pretty sure it was the Eagles.

That helmet to helmet late hit stuff needs to be automatic rejection from the game. :-X

Well. I was finally wrong. [icon_lol2.gif] It was Arizona.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/11/18 ... 9s-game-vs

Yes. A team should not gain an advantage from making a hit like that. Hard to believe 20 years ago, that hit was perfectly legal.

The one more important player they lost that game was Richard Sherman.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

You are 100% right! I really hope the Eagles attitude and egos can overcome all Brady Brain. The Eagles can beat them if they just stay focused and play like they did yesterday. That really was a beautiful thing to watch. :D
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

johnny24 wrote:
Yes. A team should not gain an advantage from making a hit like that. Hard to believe 20 years ago, that hit was perfectly legal.

The one more important player they lost that game was Richard Sherman.

YES! Sherm! I remember now I said that he would really be preaching against Thursday Night Football!
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

WADR to Ferri; That hit on Gronkowski, while illegal, I don't believe was intentional. I say that because the giver has as much chance of suffering a concussion as the receiver. The impact was pretty much the same for both. He lowered his head and Gronk is coming down (you could see in his eyes that he knew he was in for a jolt) and bang. Concussion.

Not saying that there aren't players out there who won't intentionally try to injure an opponent, just that I didn't see it on that play.

As a rule, head hits, accidental or not should receive automatic ejections and 100k minimum fines.

Repeat offenders should receive escalating fines, multiple games and possible supension from the league.

The game is brutal enough as it is without players worrying about getting hit while they're vulnerable and while accidental or incidental head shots are going to happen, like in hockey where you're reponsible for your stick, football players need to be responsible for their hits.

The only player who in general should be considered open season at all times is of course, Tom Brady. Just kidding.

I really dislike the guy but I have to admit, he seems to know what he's doing.

I hope Giselle has one of those little stick on cell handles on the back of her phone this time.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”