NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: NFL

Post by ferri »

I thought it was pretty dang nasty of Belichick to not let Butler play. You would not believe the names I called him for that nasty move. Jerk was probably the nicest thing. I hope Butler finds a new team.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote:I thought it was pretty dang nasty of Belichick to not let Butler play. You would not believe the names I called him for that nasty move. Jerk was probably the nicest thing. I hope Butler finds a new team.
Yeah, what was behind that decision? Butler was on the field during 97% of the Patriots' defensive plays during the season and wasn't he the one who intercepted Russell Wilson (a painful memory!) to win the Super Bowl a few years back? Belichick may be a genius but I don't get that decision at all. It seems to have backfired for sure.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Okay, here's a bit more on the Butler story:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-b ... -benching/
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I saw that, but Dear Old Bill said it wasn't a disciplinary measure. I noticed that Butler was crying before the game and I thought maybe he had been friends with Edwin Jackson. :( Either way, it was a dirty thing to do.
And yeah, I should hate Butlers guts. [icon_lol2.gif]
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote:I saw that, but Dear Old Bill said it wasn't a disciplinary measure. I noticed that Butler was crying before the game and I thought maybe he had been friends with Edwin Jackson. :( Either way, it was a dirty thing to do.
    And yeah, I should hate Butlers guts. [icon_lol2.gif]

And of course we all agree that Dear Old Bill is always totally forthcoming . . .
:D
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

All I could say after the game was, "I'm glad I don't have to go in the Patriots locker room." I bet it was nasty in there. :D
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote:All I could say after the game was, "I'm glad I don't have to go in the Patriots locker room." I bet it was nasty in there. :D
You have to admire the reporters who go in there and ask questions like "So how does this crushing defeat feel?"
[icon_lol2.gif]
You have to wonder where this leaves the Patriots dynasty. Brady is still playing at a high level but he's going to be 41 next season. Patricia and McDaniels won't be on the coaching staff either. A lot of people are saying that they'll be back but I'm not so sure.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Gronkowski was mumbling about retiring too. I think he's just upset. But if he actually does throw in the towel that would be something too!
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

GordonH wrote:What are chances of Nick Foles being back next season as a backup for Philadelphia Eagles.

Before I watched the NFL network tonight, I would have said none but apparently, at least some in the know say that he might be happy doing that.

Whatever he does, as long as he does it on his own terms, then it's all good.

He has earned the right.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

ferri wrote:All I could say after the game was, "I'm glad I don't have to go in the Patriots locker room." I bet it was nasty in there. :D

I bet it was quiet in there.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:Gronkowski was mumbling about retiring too. I think he's just upset. But if he actually does throw in the towel that would be something too!

That is something every player who has suffered a concussion needs to seriously weigh the pro's & con's about. It's the person life after the game, which is more important.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

And while the players were at the Super Bowl:

Police investigating break-in at Rob Gronkowski's home

Police are investigating a break-in at the home of New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski in Foxborough, Massachusetts, they confirmed Tuesday morning.

In a recording of the call Monday between responding officers and dispatch, a dispatcher said, "multiple safes and possibly guns" were taken.

Foxborough Police Chief William Baker on Tuesday would not say when the robbery happened or what was taken from the house, but did say that Gronkowski was away at Super Bowl LII when the break-in occurred.

More here:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22339862
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ I'm not a Patriots fan but I rather like Gronk. Sorry to see that he was robbed and I hope they catch the culprits.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

ferri wrote:Gronkowski was mumbling about retiring too. I think he's just upset. But if he actually does throw in the towel that would be something too!

His body has taken a pretty good beating in the last 4-5 years, understandable to be contemplating retirement.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

It will be interesting to see how this goes over with fan base.
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/226 ... hem-policy
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”