NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
johnny24
Board Meister

Re: NFL

Post by johnny24 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Nfl tv numbers are really weak this year as well. We will see if it carries thru the playoffs

You need to stop using Trump as your only source of information. TV numbers overall are weak and are declining and would be worse if it wasn't for the NFL. Too many other options available. FOX might be in some trouble if they didn't have the NFL.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

TV viewership is most likely the network problem, league still gets paid. Unless the league foolishly sign a contract letting the network to based payment on viewership.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

johnny24 wrote:
GordonH wrote:^^^From an owner view I guess it depends which brings in biggest part of the revenue those in the stands or the TV deals. Of course the ones really hurting would be concession stands owners & there employees.

The NFL could play in front of empty stadiums, and teams would still make more profits than any other league. The only reason they want people in the stands is for the optics on TV.

NHL teams give away free tickets and still can't get 1/2 full arenas in many cities.

Jack Kent Cooke, a Canadian and the owner of the Washington Redskins stated in an interview in the late 80's or early 90's about fans and attendance at Redskin games..........he stated........."we do not need one person in the stadium to make money..........TV makes us the money".
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Okay, this is making me laugh...

Diddy, Kaepernick, others could buy Carolina Panthers and make history
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/did ... ry-n830841

Diddy says he'll make Kaepernick the starting quarterback. [icon_lol2.gif]

Maybe the Browns can pick up Newton?
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:Okay, this is making me laugh...

Diddy, Kaepernick, others could buy Carolina Panthers and make history
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/did ... ry-n830841

Diddy says he'll make Kaepernick the starting quarterback. [icon_lol2.gif]

Maybe the Browns can pick up Newton?

Newton has made comments he should not have, impo he is much better QB then Colin ever was.... Diddy needs to watch some game film. Colin would make very good backup QB, only team he would fit as #1 is the terrible Cleveland Browns.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Newton is a goof for sure, but if I owned a team and had a choice between those two for quarterback I know who I would pick. :D
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:Newton is a goof for sure, but if I owned a team and had a choice between those two for quarterback I know who I would pick. :D

For myself I'd drop both, and aggressively go after either (a healthy) Aaron Rogers or Russell Wilson.
I guess it's good thing I'm not an owner
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X You keep your hands off DangeRuss. I mean it. :biggrin:

Cam Newton is odd. He was amazing last year and now not so much. I have to wonder if part of it isn't coaching? Maybe a fresh team is what he needs.
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

They did it! Kudos to the Cleveland Browns for completing their perfect season! 0 wins and 16 losses!
[icon_lol2.gif]
Now that fellow who was organizing a parade if they stayed perfect can go ahead with his plans!
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Hoping huge that the Seahawks get knocked out.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

YES, YES, YAYAYAYAYA
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Seahawk ownership have some choices to make in the off season. i.e head coach, keep the current one or kick his as :cuss: to the curb.
As well to the on field talent
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Seattle had a lot of injuries this year, and the offensive line was not the best either. Their back-up players did a commendable job, but they weren't good enough to make or go anywhere in the play-offs. Some very strong teams in the play-offs this year, and I am expecting to see some very good games - starting with the Falcons and the Rams.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote:Newton is a goof for sure, but if I owned a team and had a choice between those two for quarterback I know who I would pick.

Always fun to watch Cam Newton when he's having fun.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Ka-El wrote:
ferri wrote:Newton is a goof for sure, but if I owned a team and had a choice between those two for quarterback I know who I would pick.

Always fun to watch Cam Newton when he's having fun.

Much more fun seeing him crying on the ground.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”