55331
50833

NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: NFL

Postby mexi cali » Jan 9th, 2018, 12:50 pm

I am with you Ferri; my Saints can beat the Vikings but doesn't mean they will. At least it's indoors. The Saints don't like the cold even though they managed to beat Buffalo in their yard.

The Falcons and Philly are pretty even with Wentz out but it'll be cold and the Eagles are better suited for cold weather. And, I hate the Falcons.

New England cuz they're New Emgland and the Steely eyed boys will do their football thing.

Saints need their defense to stand tall and Brees needs to be Brees. Josh Hill (secret weapon) and Michael Thomas and Ted Ginn are amazing receivers so they need to be a big part of the game. Of course Ingram and Kamara are due for big games.

Go Saints
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

ferri likes this post.
User avatar
mexi cali
Guru
 
Posts: 5315
Likes: 2195 posts
Liked in: 3307 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Re: NFL

Postby ferri » Jan 10th, 2018, 11:33 am

I'm so happy right now I could dance. :D

Sources: Firing of Darrell Bevell could just be the beginning of Seahawks’ coaching changes

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... _1_10_2018
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 43628
Likes: 13941 posts
Liked in: 8569 posts
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: NFL

Postby GordonH » Jan 10th, 2018, 12:06 pm

ferri wrote:I'm so happy right now I could dance. :D

Sources: Firing of Darrell Bevell could just be the beginning of Seahawks’ coaching changes

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... _1_10_2018

It all depends who actually wanted this to happen, if it's coming from the GM then there good chance more of coaching staff could be fired.
If this was requested from the Head Coach to the GM then it is highly doubtful the head coaches job is on the line. Of course owner can speak up & call on the GM to fire the head coach.
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Champions, OHL Champions, WHL Champions & Host Team/Regina Pats

ferri likes this post.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19685
Likes: 2148 posts
Liked in: 6746 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NFL

Postby johnny24 » Jan 10th, 2018, 12:51 pm

GordonH wrote:
ferri wrote:I'm so happy right now I could dance. :D

Sources: Firing of Darrell Bevell could just be the beginning of Seahawks’ coaching changes

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... _1_10_2018

It all depends who actually wanted this to happen, if it's coming from the GM then there good chance more of coaching staff could be fired.
If this was requested from the Head Coach to the GM then it is highly doubtful the head coaches job is on the line. Of course owner can speak up & call on the GM to fire the head coach.


Coaches generally hire and fire their own staff. Carroll hinted at changes in the coaching staff after their last game.

ferri likes this post.
johnny24
Board Meister
 
Posts: 382
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 242 posts
Joined: Jan 25th, 2011, 9:16 am

Re: NFL

Postby ferri » Jan 10th, 2018, 1:25 pm

I know a lot of fans have called for Bevell's head over the years. [icon_lol2.gif] I've also seen a few of the players yelling at him on the sidelines.
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 43628
Likes: 13941 posts
Liked in: 8569 posts
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: NFL

Postby lesliepaul » Jan 10th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Firing Darrell Bevell now...........too little too late. This P.O.S. should have been fired literally after the play (not the end of the game) he called that resulted in the interception and killing what should have been Seattle's second Super Bowl win. Paul Allen should also look at Pete Carroll being replaced. Between Carroll and Bevell, they ruined what was a very talented team that will now be dismantled due to injuries and age and no doubt, no faith in their coaching staff. Would LOVE to hear what Richard Sherman has to say!

It is amazing what ONE play did to this team mentally........but the coaching staff was not accountable.
Last edited by lesliepaul on Jan 10th, 2018, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 people like this post.
lesliepaul
Übergod
 
Posts: 1150
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 933 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: NFL

Postby ferri » Jan 10th, 2018, 1:32 pm

I would love to hear Sherman's take on all this too!
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 43628
Likes: 13941 posts
Liked in: 8569 posts
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: NFL

Postby GordonH » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:22 pm

lesliepaul wrote:Firing Darrell Bevell now...........too little too late. This P.O.S. should have been fired literally after the play (not the end of the game) he called that resulted in the interception and killing what should have been Seattle's second Super Bowl win. Paul Allen should also look at Pete Carroll being replaced. Between Carroll and Bevell, they ruined what was a very talented team that will now be dismantled due to injuries and age and no doubt, no faith in their coaching staff. Would LOVE to hear what Richard Sherman has to say!

It is amazing what ONE play did to this team mentally........but the coaching staff was not accountable.


That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Champions, OHL Champions, WHL Champions & Host Team/Regina Pats
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19685
Likes: 2148 posts
Liked in: 6746 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NFL

Postby johnny24 » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:30 pm

GordonH wrote:
That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.


Why would it have to be approved by Carroll? He has less than 10 seconds to call a play, I doubt he discussed it with Carroll. I think Carroll took responsibility to take the heat from Bevell.

Firing a person for one mistake is ridiculous. Carroll is a big reason this team has achieved the success they have.
johnny24
Board Meister
 
Posts: 382
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 242 posts
Joined: Jan 25th, 2011, 9:16 am

Re: NFL

Postby GordonH » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:39 pm

GordonH wrote:That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.

johnny24 wrote:Why would it have to be approved by Carroll? He has less than 10 seconds to call a play, I doubt he discussed it with Carroll. I think Carroll took responsibility to take the heat from Bevell.

Firing a person for one mistake is ridiculous. Carroll is a big reason this team has achieved the success they have.


Because he is Head Coach & they are coordinators, notice those headsets they all wear. It's used to communicate plays.

1 play that cost them the biggest prize in football.
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Champions, OHL Champions, WHL Champions & Host Team/Regina Pats
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19685
Likes: 2148 posts
Liked in: 6746 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NFL

Postby johnny24 » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:59 pm

GordonH wrote:
GordonH wrote:That play was one of stupidest plays ever, it had to be approved by Head Coach. impo the owner should have fire both on the spot.... with that maybe Marshawn Lynch would not have retired from Seahawks.

johnny24 wrote:Why would it have to be approved by Carroll? He has less than 10 seconds to call a play, I doubt he discussed it with Carroll. I think Carroll took responsibility to take the heat from Bevell.

Firing a person for one mistake is ridiculous. Carroll is a big reason this team has achieved the success they have.


Because he is Head Coach & they are coordinators, notice those headsets they all wear. It's used to communicate plays.

1 play that cost them the biggest prize in football.


I don't like the call either, but I can guarantee they didn't tell Wilson to throw an interception.
johnny24
Board Meister
 
Posts: 382
Likes: 88 posts
Liked in: 242 posts
Joined: Jan 25th, 2011, 9:16 am

Re: NFL

Postby GordonH » Jan 10th, 2018, 3:18 pm

johnny24 wrote:I don't like the call either, but I can guarantee they didn't tell Wilson to throw an interception.


To throw that close to goal line in a Super Bowl game is unheard of.... then doing it against a Bill Belichick defence is just pure stupid. He is the type of coach that most likely teaches his players to expect the unexpected.

Something to read for those interested in getting to know the game a little bit more:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1666 ... onsibility
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Champions, OHL Champions, WHL Champions & Host Team/Regina Pats
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19685
Likes: 2148 posts
Liked in: 6746 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NFL

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 10th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Vikings have a shot at home field for the Superbowl. Go Vikings
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3527
Likes: 6967 posts
Liked in: 2040 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: NFL

Postby Troy » Jan 10th, 2018, 3:27 pm

While I disagree with that call as well, it was definitely not unheard of.
http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post ... from-the-1
Sometimes you have to do the unexpected to win too.

johnny24 likes this post.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator
 
Posts: 1086
Likes: 229 posts
Liked in: 240 posts
Joined: Jan 28th, 2004, 5:45 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC

Re: NFL

Postby GordonH » Jan 10th, 2018, 3:29 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Vikings have a shot at home field for the Superbowl. Go Vikings


Yes they do, it would be much more interesting if their stadium was an open one. Of course they need to provide for the wimpy football fans... hearty fans would be okay with it. lol
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Champions, OHL Champions, WHL Champions & Host Team/Regina Pats

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19685
Likes: 2148 posts
Liked in: 6746 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

PreviousNext

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests