NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: NFL

Post by steven lloyd »

Ben's ankle injury does indeed seem to be having an impact in the game. Still, after a slow start I've been very impressed with the Boncos' offensive performance (two touchdowns and two field goals in 17 minutes). Should be an interesting second half.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

steven lloyd wrote:Ben's ankle injury does indeed seem to be having an impact in the game. Still, after a slow start I've been very impressed with the Boncos' offensive performance (two touchdowns and two field goals in 17 minutes). Should be an interesting second half.

Could be I got wrong day for an upset.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

WTHWYT wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:Ben's ankle injury does indeed seem to be having an impact in the game. Still, after a slow start I've been very impressed with the Boncos' offensive performance (two touchdowns and two field goals in 17 minutes). Should be an interesting second half.

Could be I got wrong day for an upset.

OT :200:

Patriots will destroy Bronco's
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Wow !!! Best game of the weekend by far. I don't know what they injected Ben with at halftime but obviously that worked. Still, an eighty yard touchdown on the first lay in overtime. Great stuff !

You're right though. Fodder for the Patriots.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

AFC Championship

We be Patriots vs Ravens

NFC Championship

We be Packers vs ** Saints

** to close to call I will pick Saints

So next week Denver, Houston, New York & San Fran will be gone.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

WTHWYT wrote: So next week Denver, Houston, New York & San Fran will be gone.

Ya, I'll be cheering for Denver, Houston and New York ( don't care about San Fran ), but I won't be betting on them.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

steven lloyd wrote:
WTHWYT wrote: So next week Denver, Houston, New York & San Fran will be gone.

Ya, I'll be cheering for Denver, Houston and New York ( don't care about San Fran ), but I won't be betting on them.

:200: So you think:
Denver over New England ( :dyinglaughing: can't say anything else)
Houston over Baltimore ( :200: I will have my :popcorn: ready for that)
New York over Green Bay (unless some how NY feeds Aaron Rodgers food poisoning or he gets hit by a bus not happening)
New Orleans over San Fran (this one more than likely will happen)
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

WTHWYT wrote: :200: So you think: Denver over New England ...

Read my last post more carefully:

steven lloyd wrote: Ya, I'll be cheering for Denver, Houston and New York ( don't care about San Fran ),
but I won't be betting on them.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

steven lloyd wrote:
WTHWYT wrote: :200: So you think: Denver over New England ...

Read my last post more carefully:

steven lloyd wrote: Ya, I'll be cheering for Denver, Houston and New York ( don't care about San Fran ),
but I won't be betting on them.

My bad
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Well, there we are. Giants at 49ers next weekend and Ravens at Patriots. The game of this weekend was obviously the 49ers win over the Saints. Four lead changes in the last four minutes. Wow. That 49ers defence looks tough and I’d have to favour them at home against the Giants – even though the Giants did look good in their win over the Packers today. The Broncos? Well, they just got annihilated by the Patriots and I definitely put the Patriots as favourites at home over the Ravens.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Potentially we could have 2 brothers who are both head coaches in superbowl, with a Ravens 49ers final. That would be a tough one for their parents.
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

I've enjoy the play-off so far.

Sunday:
Do Patriots have enough offence to overcome the Ravens defence.

Meanwhile the best defence in the league SF 49er's can they stop NY Giants in their tracks. This could be low scoring game, actual both could be.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

I pick the patriots and San fran tomorrow. Giants cant do two upsets in a row. It should be good tomorrow.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

RR24K wrote:I've enjoy the play-off so far.

Sunday:
Do Patriots have enough offence to overcome the Ravens defence.

Meanwhile the best defence in the league SF 49er's can they stop NY Giants in their tracks. This could be low scoring game, actual both could be.

The playoffs have been great. Some real good football, and that 49ers / Saints game was crazy exciting.

I’m hoping the Raven’s have enough defence to stop the Patriots. However, Flacco’s performance will be critical in the game against New England.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... hot_topics

If he has a good game, and if the Raven’s defence rises to the challenge of stopping the Patriots offence (which I think they have the potential of doing) then we’ll have a Raven’s victory – which I’m hoping for. Not because I don’t like the Patriots. They are a very well-coached team with some great players – including one the best quarterbacks in the league (a future hall-of-famer). I’d just like to see something different this year.

Of the remaining quarterbacks, I believe Smith from the 49ers is the most untested and biggest unknown.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ent_stream

I will still be cheering for the Giants though, and hoping for a Ravens / Giants Superbowl

rutland1 wrote:I pick the patriots and San fran tomorrow. Giants cant do two upsets in a row. It should be good tomorrow.

Fairly safe picks, but “on any given Sunday”. I’m looking for two upsets
– Ravens stop the Patriots and Giants overcome the 49ers.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Today we find out who going to the Super Bowl and who's going to play golf.

I'm going with the 2 teams that not been their in 6+ years.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”