NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: NFL

Post by steven lloyd »

WTHWYT wrote:

:200:

EDIT: now I have to hope for a Giants/Patriots Superbowl rematch
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

steven lloyd wrote: EDIT: now I have to hope for a Giants/Patriots Superbowl rematch

And now I have it. Go Giants !!!
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

I think I've seen this before

Yes SuperBowl XLII wonder if outcome will be the same.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

I hope not. Patriots all the way for me. It was a fluke catch that won it for the Giants last time.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Excellent football Sunday, so my picks did not happen not worried. Superbowl is rematch of few years ago :sunshine:

Offtopic here:
Steven Tyler link here

I'm heard worst classic example here
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rutland1 wrote:I hope not. Patriots all the way for me. It was a fluke catch that won it for the Giants last time.

Don’t you mean an amazing catch and determination to win ?
Yes, seeing some of that determination on the part of the Giants again.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

steven lloyd wrote:
    rutland1 wrote:I hope not. Patriots all the way for me. It was a fluke catch that won it for the Giants last time.

Don’t you mean an amazing catch and determination to win ?
    Yes, seeing some of that determination on the part of the Giants again.
Indeed! I'm a Packers' fan but I'll be pulling for the Giants to beat the Patriots again in the Super Bowl. Eli Manning is a clutch quarterback and I think he gives the Giants a very good chance to win.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

It should be a very entertaining game. Im still picking the Patriots by 10 points.
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

Any Super Bowl predictions ?
NE 30
NY 27
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

The clutter-cutting Super Bowl XLVI preview

How do you cut through the clutter of Super Bowl hype to provide readers with a value-added preview of the Big Game?
I’m glad you asked.

It ain’t easy, that’s for sure. If it was, everybody’d be doing it. Wait a minute, everybody IS doing it. I think I even saw a special Super Bowl edition of The Mentalist the other day, and I’m pretty sure Tom Brady is on the cover of this month’s Creative Knitting Magazine.

So the way we can offer a value-added Super Bowl preview is to tell you to throw everything those other Super Bowl previews tell you out the window.

Why?

Because it’s 60 minutes of football and anything can happen. That’s part of the fun, of course, but very little of the avalanche of tweets, blogs, vlogs, columns and general opinionating that comes before Sunday’s kickoff between the AFC champion New England Patriots and the NFC champion New York Giants will be an indicator of what will happen in Super Bowl XLVI – that’s 46, for the Roman numeral-challenged – in Indianapolis.

It’s like the stock market. Past performance is not an indicator of future results.

The experts say it will be a battle of superstar quarterbacks Tom Brady and Eli Manning and thus an offensive fireworks show. That usually means the first touchdown won’t be scored until there’s, like, three minutes left in the third quarter.

The experts say New England’s defence was ranked second last in the league this season. That usually means the Pats’ secondary will pick off three passes and the D-line will sack Manning four times before the half.

The experts say Brady will pick apart the Giants defence, one hapless cornerback at a time. That usually means Giants sophomore All-Pro defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul will be in Brady’s face all game.

The experts say Brady has revenge on his mind following the Giants’ Super Bowl XLII win over New England back in February 2008, thus ruining what would have been an undefeated season for the Pats. Yes, well, revenge is overplayed by media peeps all the time. A lot of faces have come and gone in four years. The new ones don’t care, and the old ones know how special it is to get to the final game, revenge be damned. The game is too important to be worrying about media-fuelled fake tension.

What should be causing some tension of the real variety for New England fans is the state of Pats tight end Rob Gronkowski’s left ankle. Gronk, who set an NFL record for touchdowns by a tight end this season and one of Brady’s favourite targets, practiced for the first time Thursday as he tries to recover in time for Sunday’s game.

Punters aren’t usually talked about that much, and with good reason. Punting isn’t sexy. You don’t see Terry Bradshaw getting all excited in the TV studio about punting, but it says here that with field position being of the utmost importance, the guys who kick will play an important role in determining Sunday’s outcome.

And the nicest part about Sunday’s Super Bowl? No matter who wins, we don’t have to endure the Pro Bowl the week after.

http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2012/02/the ... eview.html
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

GO PATRIOTS GO!
Life is too sho......
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

What a game and Eli comes through in the clutch again!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Another fluke catch ????
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Very entertaining to watch!
Thanx, boys :discodance:
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

:ohmygod: did not watch the game, it would appear NYG have Patriots number when it comes to the play-off's.

Wonder what the odds were on NYG winning the Superbowl before GB loss to the Chiefs in regular season. I would expect damn high if only.......... had knowing.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”