NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

Time to bring this back from depths

Interesting tidbit both NYG & NY Jets play out of same field, the interesting thing it's not even in the state of New York. It's next door in New Jersey......... so this begs the question NJG & NJ Jets............. just kidding lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

This never goes well when replacement official are used in any sport. http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/798 ... police-NFL

Hmmm....... wonder how many bad calls will be made before 2 sides agree on contract.

Pre-season who really cares, but when games actual count thats different.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

All those who watch NFL how are those fill-in referee's doing so far. Ooops my mistake the strike is over :discodance:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Around half way point in NFL season and overall standing are here:
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=l ... it=Overall
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

I’m sure a lot of people up in this area are pleased by Seattle’s record. I know when I was on campus at SFU there were a lot of Seahawk fans around (Interestingly, I never went to a game the whole seven, eight years I lived in Vancouver). I was a Raiders fan back then and had been from the days of Jim Plunkett, Lyle Alzado and Howie Long. I’m liking the Broncos and Patriots and would be very happy to see Tony Romo and the Cowboys get going. Kansis City is good obviously, but an old Raiders fan can never cheer for Kansis (like a born and raised Calgary fan cheering for Edmonton).
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

8/10 for a 14 month resurrection.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Could this be the year that Seattle Seahawks may/will or could win it all.

Standing http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=l ... c&colSel=2

Tomorrow should be good game:

9 and 2 Saints vs 10 and 1 Seahawks
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Should be a very interesting game. 10 and 1 is very impressive but there is still the play-offs and then the big one. You never know though - could finally be their time (I wouldn't mind seeing that).

What about those Patriots though? You can never count them out. Down 24 nothing to Denver (no less) and come back to win. Win another squeaker against Houston today. The thing about the Patriots - they are tough to beat.

Play-offs are going to be very interesting this year.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:Should be a very interesting game. 10 and 1 is very impressive but there is still the play-offs and then the big one. You never know though - could finally be their time (I wouldn't mind seeing that).

What about those Patriots though? You can never count them out. Down 24 nothing to Denver (no less) and come back to win. Win another squeaker against Houston today. The thing about the Patriots - they are tough to beat.

Play-offs are going to be very interesting this year.

Goes back to "on any given day" anything can and will happen. Since Seattle has never won a SuperBowl, why not 2014.
They have 5 games to go until playoff's:
Saints
49ers
Giants
Cardinals
Rams

Since my team GB without their #1 QB in the lineup has very little chance of making post season, I'm temporarily jumping ship to Seattle.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

I'd like to see Seattle in there representing the NFC.

Very interesting game going on right now with the Chiefs trying to come back on the Broncos.
Will the Broncos let aother lead slip away?

ETA: Nope - Broncos held on (good play to stop Chief's last attempt) and an easy schedule to finish season.
Chiefs have lost three in a row after winning nine in a row.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Now that NE has Gronkowski back they are going to be tough to beat. The real Superbowl will be NE vs Denver, the winner of that game may get a decent challenge from Seattle or New Orleans, but that's about it. The Patriots and the Broncos are the class of the league, yet again.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Any team can be beaten on any day. Both the Broncos and the Patriots, as good as they are (and especially as consistently good as the Patriots have been over recent years) have shown they can be defeated – and in key games. The play-offs and the Superbowl are all about momentum. Momentum going into the play-offs, and intensity maintained throughout the play-offs (and then stored over the weekend bye while waiting for the big game). I’ll be waiting for the play-offs to see how these teams are performing then. After last night’s game I will be looking keenly at Seattle. They have been consistently improving over the last few years and beat a very good team in impressive style on Monday night with both defense and offense.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

man that crowd in Seattle is just deafening. I went to a Seahawks game last year and it was like sitting beside a jet engine sometimes in that stadium. If Seattle could play in Seattle for the Superbowl I would bet the farm on them. That's tough place for any visitor to come in and win in. You have to take the crowd out early.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gronkowski apparently is done for the year, and sadly, that means so are the Patriots. I am looking forward to a Seahawks-Broncos Super Bowl!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Gronkowski apparently is done for the year, and sadly, that means so are the Patriots. I am looking forward to a Seahawks-Broncos Super Bowl!

I would like to see Seattle make it to the big game. A common denominator for both Denver & Seattle is they both lost to Indianapolis Colts.

As for the Pats see how they do in their 3 remaining games... Miami, Baltimore & Buffalo (Pats should win 2 out 3, Baltimore may or may not be a loss)

Denver last 3 are against San Diego, Houston & Oakland (the only one I see maybe giving Denver a problems is Houston)

Seattle last 3 are against NY Giants, Arizona Cardinals & St. Louis Rams (since the only game away from home is against Giants, I'd say they should win all 3)

Based on my predictions:
New England 12-4 (maybe 13-3)
Denver 14-2 (maybe 13-3)
Seattle 14-2 (with very slim chance of 13-3)

Of course I've been terrible at my predictions, so anything can and may happen.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”