NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
johnny24
Board Meister

Re: NFL

Post by johnny24 »

mexi cali wrote:WADR to Ferri; That hit on Gronkowski, while illegal, I don't believe was intentional. I say that because the giver has as much chance of suffering a concussion as the receiver. The impact was pretty much the same for both. He lowered his head and Gronk is coming down (you could see in his eyes that he knew he was in for a jolt) and bang. Concussion.

Not saying that there aren't players out there who won't intentionally try to injure an opponent, just that I didn't see it on that play.

As a rule, head hits, accidental or not should receive automatic ejections and 100k minimum fines.

I don't agree with the giver having as much chance for concussion. I played football for many years. The worst hits are to the side of the helmet. When the impact is from the front, the helmet can absorb it a lot better and a concussion is rare.

Not sure what the defender's intention on the play was. He definitely wasn't going for the ball, and it was a hit on a defenseless receiver.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I dunno. It looked pretty dirty to me and Church was given an Unnecessary Roughness/Personal Foul with a 15 yd penalty for it. It was a top of the head to the side of the head hit. I don't like Gronk at all, I think he's a potato, but I hate dirty plays even more. :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

ferri wrote:Or I could be right. :admin:
Your prognostication skills are phenomenal! Could you please PM me the winning numbers for Wednesday's 649 draw?
:biggrin:
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Well, that came as no surprise to see the Vikings fall apart completely. Being a life-long Vikings fan I am used to the collapses. As well as they played all season I always had the same concern and it was at quarterback. I am willing to bet that the Vikings let Case Keenum go and stick with Bridgewater. Keenum's downfall is he forces the football too many times when he is going down. He showed that against the Saints and again against the Eagles..........bad, predictable interceptions. He should learn to accept a sack. Now........he was not the only reason for the loss but offensively he was the biggest part. Once the Eagles got it rolling in every department it was game over..........and that was right after the "pick-six" in the 1st quarter.

My prediction for the Super Bowl will be the Patriots..........again. The Vikings made the Eagles look better than they are and you only have to go back to the Atlanta game to see that.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Good points both of you but I still dont think the intent was to injure. Guys get caught up in the game and stuff like that happens so quickly.

Funny, Ferri, I don't like Gronk either. Or Amendola. Or the Patriots. Or Robert Kraft. Or squash.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I LOVE squash! [icon_lol2.gif]

Edited to add:

Okay, Mexi Cali is probably right.

Sorry, I could only find this video on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/foxsports/vide ... 912984208/
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Said no one about me ever. :130:
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That video shows what I was talking about. Churches head was turned and he led with is shoulder but the problem was he still hit him high. Major foul at minimum but Church should have been ejected.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I just want you to know that hurt me. That's why I whispered it. :D

Seeing frame by frame like that I saw what you meant. Watching yesterday I was getting a rope and a posse ready.
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I actually can't remember the last half time show I watched, it would have been last time rock group played.
Just a reminder Justin, no one is at all interested in wardrobe malfunction involving any part of your clothing.

Added: I remembered 2010 Super Bowl & it was the Who
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Gronk's back, and according to Global News this morning 14 million chicken wings will be consumed in BC today :D

Go Eagles!!!
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Ka-El wrote:Gronk's back, and according to Global News this morning 14 million chicken wings will be consumed in BC today :D

Go Eagles!!!

That pales in comparison to what is eaten in the states, which leads me to wonder what is happening to the rest of the bird?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffwilli ... 0177b4a495
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Puppy Bowl 2018 starts soon :)
I agree, go Eagles
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson killed by alleged drunk driver :(

Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was among two people killed Sunday morning after being struck by an alleged drunk driver on Interstate 70. He was 26.

According to a report by Justin L. Mack and Emma Kate Fittes of the IndyStar, Jackson and 54-year old Jeffrey Monroe, a ride-sharing operator, were standing near a stopped vehicle on the emergency shoulder of the road when a black Ford F-150 drove onto the shoulder and struck them both.

more here: https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... -114650058
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson killed by alleged drunk driver :(
more here: https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... -114650058

Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was among two people killed Sunday morning after being struck by an alleged drunk driver on Interstate 70. He was 26.

According to a report by Justin L. Mack and Emma Kate Fittes of the IndyStar, Jackson and 54-year old Jeffrey Monroe, a ride-sharing operator, were standing near a stopped vehicle on the emergency shoulder of the road when a black Ford F-150 drove onto the shoulder and struck them both.

Just another entitled drinking driver, who thinks its there right to drink and then drive. What a waste

My condolences to Family & Friends
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”