NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:Raiders apply for relocation to Las Vegas

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/19/14325 ... kland-move

Track record of teams based in Vegas, so far none have succeeded.... I expect once novelty wears out NHL team will be dust as well.

I guess time will tell
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Have always been a Vikings fan..........going back to when Winnipeg Blue Bombers coach Bud Grant went to Minnesota. Liked the 70's Steelers 4 Super Bowl team. To me they were the greatest NFL team of all time at a time where there were a lot of tough and competitive AFC teams.

Anyway.......I have also been a fan of the Seahawks since they came into the league and was very happy they won a Super Bowl. What will live with that team now for a long time is THE poor play call to loose their second Super Bowl. Nobody, and I mean nobody would call THAT "high Risk" play at that crucial time and position of the game. Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell's play call should have resulted in him loosing his job...........but no........instead you have Pete Carroll defending it.
Bevell was a "bum" with Minnesota and they dumped him. His overall play calling is not great or imaginative during the season. What the Seahawks have now is a head coach that thinks he is more important than the team. I sympathize with Richard Sherman.........at least he speaks his mind.

The Seahawks will NEVER recover or live down THAT PLAY for a long time and certainly not under Pete Carroll's regime.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Have always been a Vikings fan..........going back to when Winnipeg Blue Bombers coach Bud Grant went to Minnesota. Liked the 70's Steelers 4 Super Bowl team. To me they were the greatest NFL team of all time at a time where there were a lot of tough and competitive AFC teams.

Anyway.......I have also been a fan of the Seahawks since they came into the league and was very happy they won a Super Bowl. What will live with that team now for a long time is THE poor play call to loose their second Super Bowl. Nobody, and I mean nobody would call THAT "high Risk" play at that crucial time and position of the game. Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell's play call should have resulted in him loosing his job...........but no........instead you have Pete Carroll defending it.
Bevell was a "bum" with Minnesota and they dumped him. His overall play calling is not great or imaginative during the season. What the Seahawks have now is a head coach that thinks he is more important than the team. I sympathize with Richard Sherman.........at least he speaks his mind.

The Seahawks will NEVER recover or live down THAT PLAY for a long time and certainly not under Pete Carroll's regime.

imo the day after the loss by Seattle due to the stupidest play by any coach could come up with, the owner should have fired all the staff who thought that play was good idea.... head coach... offensive coach etc... etc
What dumb a :cuss: thinks a pass that close to end zone was good idea (on second & goal :200: )... when you have a player like Marshawn Lynch in your lineup.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Super Bowl 51 is set:

Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots

I have to go with Atlanta, since they have never won Championship. This is only there 2nd time to Super Bowl.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i hate new england they are nothing but a bunch of cheaters ,there history proves that, for that reason i have to go with Atlanta
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:i hate new england they are nothing but a bunch of cheaters ,there history proves that, for that reason i have to go with Atlanta

For myself once teams I like are eliminated then I go for the underdog.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Yes, I think the Falcons can win.........hopefully they do not play like Carolina did last year........easy schedule all year and choke in the Super Bowl. BUT.........I would like to see that P.O.S. Goodell have to hand the trophy to the Patriots after all of his Deflategate :cuss: . Acted like a spoiled brat having to win at any cost to defend himself and the spoiled NFL.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 23rd, 2017, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word censor workaround
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Poindexter wrote:Falcons vs Patriots in Super Bowl.

Hate to brag but... :biggrin:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well today is the big game. I am going to be cheering for The Falcons, but I am thinking the Patriots are going to take it.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Well today is the big game. I am going to be cheering for The Falcons, but I am thinking the Patriots are going to take it.

I'm going with Falcons, but it would be funny if Roger had to hand Tom the trophy... be a fly on that passing.
Just heads up to viewers CTV has some prizes to be won..... 2 prizes of 50 grand 1 prize 150 grand.
you have to checkout rules
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Should we bet on what Trump will tweet in response to half time show?
My bet:
Gaga is over rated. Her show was a total disaster. My daughter Ivanka is hotter. Sad! :D
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Great half time show. Glad she didn't do anything controversial. Imo, would have been a bit arrogant to try and steal attention from the game, classy move..
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Great half time show. Glad she didn't do anything controversial. Imo, would have been a bit arrogant to try and steal attention from the game, classy move..

Sorry did not watch it, my old fartiness coming out/old rocker. lol
Last edited by GordonH on Feb 5th, 2017, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Lol. I only watched it just in case there was a Meryl moment but ended up enjoying the show. Drones were a nice touch.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to local winner of 150 grand

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”