NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

Danielson99 wrote:Here's a tip for all of you to save yourself some money. With NO running game, the Colts have almost 0% chance of beating a Patriot team that can already defend the pass quite well. Beating the Bronco's was nothing impressive considering how battered Manning was, he just offered nothing to that team for the past 2 months.

Patriots win by 6 or 7.

Even if Rogers was healthy for GB, they still lose to SEA by 10. I don't see Rogers making it through the entire game. Hawks by 17.

I figure what the hell, go for the underdog between Pat's & Colts. As for the other game just look at my avatar.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

NFL fans on castanet, what are your thought about Dallas Cowboys & Tony Romo, by next season he will be 35. He had good year even with injuries, can he have another one or will they be looking to replace him.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote:NFL fans on castanet, what are your thought about Dallas Cowboys & Tony Romo, by next season he will be 35. He had good year even with injuries, can he have another one or will they be looking to replace him.

I'm thinking they will keep him for another few years yet.

Tony Romo's contract restructured by Dallas Cowboys
• March 4, 2014

The Dallas Cowboys restructured quarterback Tony Romo's contract Tuesday, creating $10 million in salary cap savings.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the team converted $12.5 million of Romo's $13.5 million base salary into a signing bonus, lowering Romo's cap number from $21.8 million to $11.8 million. This move was part of the plan when the quarterback signed his six-year, $108 million contract last year.

The Cowboys now sit just over the salary cap, Rapoport reports.

Romo's restructuring comes one day after the team re-worked the contracts of linebacker Sean Lee and cornerback Orlando Scandrick to create nearly $4 million in salary cap relief.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... as-cowboys
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Well in sports large contracts can be traded away for younger promising players + future draft picks. I guess it all depends how much the owner whats a Superbowl win.

Of course trying to buy a Championship does not always work, if the team only looks good on paper.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: Of course trying to buy a Championship does not always work, if the team only looks good on paper.

Yup, finally worked for the Blue Jays in 1992 but champion teams take more than just a group of champion players. Great quarterbacks, for example, are often made to look greater with good protection and great receivers. The Broncos have made it to the play-offs with Manning but are still missing something. Interestingly, the Patriots with Brady and Belichick have always been able to maintain a championship caliber team no matter the personnel changes they’ve gone through with other players.

I suspect the Seahawks and Patriots will come out on top today (with the Patriots winning it all in two weeks), but my boss was telling me on Friday that some sports guy was predicting a Packers - Colts Superbowl way back at the beginning of the season. I would much rather see that - way more exciting than seeing either the Hawks or Patriots yet again.

Go Packers !!!

Go Colts !!!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glad thats over, yes Seahawks are going back to Superbowl.

Good game just a little tense at the end

Last edited by GordonH on Jan 18th, 2015, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Wow – what a game! Not the result I wanted but it was the result I predicted. A bit iffy to say the least though. Five turnovers by the Seahawks. Packers outplayed them for three and a half quarters. Then what? Someone on the Seahawks team decided it was time they started playing football (mind you that fake field goal was a very impressive call)? Holy crap! Gotta give the Seahawks credit. You wanna see men crying? Bet you would in the Packers dressing room right now.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^2 thumbs up

On to the next one, go underdog. lol
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Unbelievable how packers just let that game slip away like that in the final few min. Seattle barley won that onside kick and then they somehow managed to get that 2 point conversion. Packers fell asleep at the end and hawks woke up.

Also on another note I really think they need to chance NFL rules to be like CFL. No matter what the scoring play is, other team should have a chance to match or beat it.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Unbelievable how packers just let that game slip away like that in the final few min. Seattle barley won that onside kick and then they somehow managed to get that 2 point conversion. Packers fell asleep at the end and hawks woke up.

Also on another note I really think they need to chance NFL rules to be like CFL. No matter what the scoring play is, other team should have a chance to match or beat it.

If a team is going show up its best to do so in last quarter. GB was ahead 19 to 7 with 4 minutes remaining
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i have a headache and sore throat from that game. that was amazing. trying to watch the Patriots/Colts game, but they really have a tough act to follow. lol
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well that game was a snooze fest.

New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX. Go patriots!
Life is too sho......
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Colts never stood a chance.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 44133.html
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 44133.html

These deflated footballs were used in first half of the game only.
At halftime New England was up 17 to 7, then 2 half when properly inflated footballs were used New England scored 28 points.
So they scored more with properly inflated then deflated, so really there was no advantage to deflate. Colts were using properly inflated ball with their offence.

Bottom-line yes New England broke NFL rules, it did not benefit them & clearly they did not need to there offence & defence was better.

Now if New England was suppling the Colts with deflated footballs that would be whole different story.

Added later: what if New England had used properly inflated balls in first half, maybe the score would have been even higher for them.
Hmm… was this Bill's idea to deflect off the game on February 1, he has been crafty in the past.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”