NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

NFL teams along with owners have spoken by their actions on sidelines prior to each game, since President Trump comments.

Added later: of course politicians are famous for causing news stories like this one, so that something can slip through under the radar with little to no detection.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

NFL Rules Say League Can Fine Players For Protesting National Anthem

With President Donald Trump standing firm in his criticisms of NFL players protesting the national anthem, pages A62-63 of the NFL operations manual suggest the NFL has the discretion to fine or suspend players for matters related to the national anthem.

The NFL governs itself under two codes of conduct: the NFL rule book and the NFL game operations manual.

The rule book details specific actions and policies pertaining to the game itself, such as scoring, penalties, and plays being reviewed by referees. The operations manual lists specific guidelines to be handled from a company-wide standpoint.

While the NFL rule book doesn’t have any specific section devoted to kneeling during the national anthem, pages A62-63 in the game operations manual contain a broadly worded section covering the issue.

“The national anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the national anthem,” the operations manual reads.

The game operations manual then offers a detailed paragraph about what players should be doing during the anthem.

“During the national anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition,” the manual said.

The manual then vaguely states that the NFL “may” take a number of actions against players who fail to be on the field by the start of the national anthem.

“It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country,” the manual said. “Failure to be on the field by the start of the national anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

The manual suggests that the NFL has the ability to enforce several actions against players who aren’t present on the field for the national anthem, but it doesn’t make any specific reference to players kneeling during the anthem.

https://www.westernjournalism.com/nfl-r ... al-anthem/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

In the grand scheme if things this is just another example of Trump's exploitation of a wedge issue for divisiveness.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

You have to remember :cuss:head Trump was looking to buy an NFL team and was completely ignored by the NFL owners at the time in the early 80's. What does he do, starts the USFL. As with most things he touches it turned into :cuss:. He then sues the NFL and wins $1.00 which was tripled to $3.00 because it was an anti trust suit. His hatred for the NFL has been in play for over 30 years...........you think he does not enjoy what is happening today. His childish way of "getting even"......at least in his world and small mind.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:You have to remember :cuss:head Trump was looking to buy an NFL team and was completely ignored by the NFL owners at the time in the early 80's. What does he do, starts the USFL. As with most things he touches it turned into :cuss:. He then sues the NFL and wins $1.00 which was tripled to $3.00 because it was an anti trust suit. His hatred for the NFL has been in play for over 30 years...........you think he does not enjoy what is happening today. His childish way of "getting even"......at least in his world and small mind.

Then his good friend tried to start a league it went under as well the XFL, this friends wife is part of Donalds cabinet.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Cleveland Browns got a kick in the teeth, the pick they traded away came to town in form of Houston Texans QB. ouch
Browns continue to be the joke of the league.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Interesting....

Arrest stats on NFL players...by team

NFLArrest.com

http://nflarrest.com/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe wrote:Interesting....

Arrest stats on NFL players...by team

NFLArrest.com

http://nflarrest.com/

All illegal activities are not good to see (league needs to deal much harsher with players who do illegal acts), here are ones that are deal breakers for me in no particular order:
Domestic Violence
Assault/Battery (add sexual abuse)
Murder/Manslaughter
Animal Abuse
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thursday night game viewers may want to wear sunglasses since the Seahawks will be wearing those gawd awful all green uniforms.
Whomever in the NFL that came up with this league wide ugliness needs to hear the words you're fired.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I like those green uniforms! lol

But today I kept thinking the Packers forgot to put their pants on. :200:

packers.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Good game last night in Seattle, exciting and in the end close but is it just me or do the Seahawks have a habit of playing like they want to loose? Between Carrol's strange calls, such as the fake field goal attempt before the half, and the 100 yards in penalties they seem to average per game, I'm beginning to wonder if they're tired of winning.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Good game last night in Seattle, exciting and in the end close but is it just me or do the Seahawks have have a habit of playing like they want to loose? Between Carrol's strange calls, such as the fake field goal attempt before the half, and the 100 yards in penalties they seem to average per game, I'm beginning to wonder if they're tired of winning.

After that dumb :cuss: call by Pete Carroll at 2015 Super Bowl game, impo the owner should have fired him on the spot. Only complete idiot would not use a weapon like Marshawn Lynch that close to the goal line.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Can't disagree, took me a while to get over that call. :-X
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

GordonH wrote:
Poindexter wrote:Good game last night in Seattle, exciting and in the end close but is it just me or do the Seahawks have have a habit of playing like they want to loose? Between Carrol's strange calls, such as the fake field goal attempt before the half, and the 100 yards in penalties they seem to average per game, I'm beginning to wonder if they're tired of winning.

After that dumb :cuss: call by Pete Carroll at 2015 Super Bowl game, impo the owner should have fired him on the spot. Only complete idiot would not use a weapon like Marshawn Lynch that close to the goal line.

Had respect for Pete Carroll 5 years ago but that certainly changed after the opportunity to win their 2nd Super Bowl was :cuss: away by the play call of OC Darrell Bevell. Bevell should have been unemployed that same evening but what happened............Pete Carroll defends the "high risk" play AND Bevell. Since that Super Bowl loss Pete Carroll comes across as "I am the smartest and most important part of the Seahawks organization". Until Carroll and Bevell are sent packing, the Seahawks are going to continue being mediocre but will get worse as many of their "star" players are running out of time.............thanks Pete!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Starting quarterback for the Giants for 14 years. Wow.

Giants going with QB Geno Smith over Eli Manning, ending streak

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2159 ... nning-week
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”