NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: NFL

Post by GordonH »

It's been a very entertaining game so far.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles on your first Super Bowl win.

one hell of a game
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

GordonH wrote:Congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles on your first Super Bowl win.

one hell of a game
It sure was! I'm not a Patriots fan so I'm pleased!
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I'm crying in my beer.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Triple 6 wrote:I'm crying in my beer.
The Patriots have won more times in the Super Bowl than they've lost (5-3) and it was a great game! So cheer up! Tom Brady must feel terrible for that fumble though because that just might have been the difference. And so much for the theory that defences win championships!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Triple 6 wrote:I'm crying in my beer.

Well, maybe next year.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

GordonH wrote:Well, maybe next year.

Or not! We don't need to cheer up Triple 6 that much! How about the Seahawks next year?
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Congratulations to the Eagles for getting to the Super Bowl and pulling off a win. I will now forecast the Eagles will return to a "middle of the pack" team like so many.........there is no dynasty here. I have to believe that the Patriots will be the last we will truly see of a "dynasty" team. Dynasty may be the wrong word to use for the Patriots if you compare them to the 70's Steelers or the later 80's 49r's. With free agency it is very difficult to put together a "dynasty". What the Patriots have done for SEVENTEEN consecutive years was put a very competitive team together consistently with 8 Super Bowl visits and 5 Super Bowl wins. Rest assured that next year they will shore up their defense and have Edelman back...........and guess what, they will be favored to win the AFC again. I know Bellichick and Brady are the anchors for those 17 years but the entire organization is second to none and their ability to bring in players (and let players go) and have them all "buy into their system" is their strong point. There will eventually be a time when they will not be favored and maybe the wheels will fall off sooner than later.

Anyway, it was an entertaining game with poor defense by both teams.

Go VIKINGS for 2018.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well that was a great game start to finish :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Have to agree, that was a very entertaining game to watch
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

What a great story. Nick Foles? Played outside himself. It was surreal watching him. He was more comfortable than Brady appeared to be. No fear.

That trick play? Brilliant.

My own personal view was that both of the reviewed Philly touch downs were legit and they got the calls right. I would have said the same had NE scored them.

The NFLs catch rule is ridiculous and way more convoluted than it needs to be and I hear they are going to simplify it this off season. Thank god.

Some absolutely amazing passes on both ends. There were times when NE receivers were so wide open I wondered if Philly had forgotten to take the field.

Foles was dead accurate so many times and his boys made some circus like catches for sure.

I didn't believe they would win until the last time the ball dropped to the turf in the end zone. TB has made a career out of beating you just as the last seconds are ticking off.

Sad that Phillys fans back home couldn't control themselves.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Even when the game was over I kept waiting for Brady to do something to save his team. That was such a fun game to watch.

I'm sorry, but I have to do this. Part of the Super Bowl is the ads you know. And this was a TD for me. I laughed until I cried.

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X

Police: Suspect in Colts player’s crash death deported twice

https://apnews.com/acf2a75aca9249cab02b02ce347096b5
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

What are chances of Nick Foles being back next season as a backup for Philadelphia Eagles.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Urbane wrote: And so much for the theory that defences win championships!

Yup, kudos to the Eagles defense for the big play, but like I was telling anyone willing to listen (my wife was a captive audience), the only way Philadelphia was going to win was by scoring more points than New England - and that's exactly what they did. I anticipated a high scoring game (highest EVER!). Very entertaining. YAY Eagles!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”