NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: NFL

Postby ferri » Feb 5th, 2018, 2:34 pm

I thought it was pretty dang nasty of Belichick to not let Butler play. You would not believe the names I called him for that nasty move. Jerk was probably the nicest thing. I hope Butler finds a new team.
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9257 posts

Postby Urbane » Feb 5th, 2018, 2:43 pm

ferri wrote:I thought it was pretty dang nasty of Belichick to not let Butler play. You would not believe the names I called him for that nasty move. Jerk was probably the nicest thing. I hope Butler finds a new team.
Yeah, what was behind that decision? Butler was on the field during 97% of the Patriots' defensive plays during the season and wasn't he the one who intercepted Russell Wilson (a painful memory!) to win the Super Bowl a few years back? Belichick may be a genius but I don't get that decision at all. It seems to have backfired for sure.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 11553 posts

Postby Urbane » Feb 5th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Okay, here's a bit more on the Butler story:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-b ... -benching/
"Spectemur agendo"

ferri likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby ferri » Feb 5th, 2018, 4:07 pm

I saw that, but Dear Old Bill said it wasn't a disciplinary measure. I noticed that Butler was crying before the game and I thought maybe he had been friends with Edwin Jackson. :( Either way, it was a dirty thing to do.
And yeah, I should hate Butlers guts. [icon_lol2.gif]
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

Urbane likes this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby Urbane » Feb 5th, 2018, 4:21 pm

ferri wrote:I saw that, but Dear Old Bill said it wasn't a disciplinary measure. I noticed that Butler was crying before the game and I thought maybe he had been friends with Edwin Jackson. :( Either way, it was a dirty thing to do.
    And yeah, I should hate Butlers guts. [icon_lol2.gif]

And of course we all agree that Dear Old Bill is always totally forthcoming . . .
:D
"Spectemur agendo"

ferri likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby ferri » Feb 5th, 2018, 4:27 pm

All I could say after the game was, "I'm glad I don't have to go in the Patriots locker room." I bet it was nasty in there. :D

Urbane likes this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby Urbane » Feb 5th, 2018, 4:49 pm

ferri wrote:All I could say after the game was, "I'm glad I don't have to go in the Patriots locker room." I bet it was nasty in there. :D
You have to admire the reporters who go in there and ask questions like "So how does this crushing defeat feel?"
[icon_lol2.gif]
You have to wonder where this leaves the Patriots dynasty. Brady is still playing at a high level but he's going to be 41 next season. Patricia and McDaniels won't be on the coaching staff either. A lot of people are saying that they'll be back but I'm not so sure.
"Spectemur agendo"

ferri likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby ferri » Feb 5th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Gronkowski was mumbling about retiring too. I think he's just upset. But if he actually does throw in the towel that would be something too!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby mexi cali » Feb 5th, 2018, 8:41 pm

GordonH wrote:What are chances of Nick Foles being back next season as a backup for Philadelphia Eagles.

Before I watched the NFL network tonight, I would have said none but apparently, at least some in the know say that he might be happy doing that.

Whatever he does, as long as he does it on his own terms, then it's all good.

He has earned the right.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

4 people like this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3667 posts

Postby mexi cali » Feb 5th, 2018, 8:44 pm

ferri wrote:All I could say after the game was, "I'm glad I don't have to go in the Patriots locker room." I bet it was nasty in there. :D

I bet it was quiet in there.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

ferri likes this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3667 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 5th, 2018, 9:06 pm

ferri wrote:Gronkowski was mumbling about retiring too. I think he's just upset. But if he actually does throw in the towel that would be something too!

That is something every player who has suffered a concussion needs to seriously weigh the pro's & con's about. It's the person life after the game, which is more important.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

3 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7641 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby ferri » Feb 6th, 2018, 7:29 am

And while the players were at the Super Bowl:

Police investigating break-in at Rob Gronkowski's home

Police are investigating a break-in at the home of New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski in Foxborough, Massachusetts, they confirmed Tuesday morning.

In a recording of the call Monday between responding officers and dispatch, a dispatcher said, "multiple safes and possibly guns" were taken.

Foxborough Police Chief William Baker on Tuesday would not say when the robbery happened or what was taken from the house, but did say that Gronkowski was away at Super Bowl LII when the break-in occurred.

More here:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22339862
ferri
Forum Administrator

Postby Urbane » Feb 6th, 2018, 10:31 am

^^ I'm not a Patriots fan but I rather like Gronk. Sorry to see that he was robbed and I hope they catch the culprits.
"Spectemur agendo"

2 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby Jhunter199 » Feb 6th, 2018, 10:51 am

ferri wrote:Gronkowski was mumbling about retiring too. I think he's just upset. But if he actually does throw in the towel that would be something too!

His body has taken a pretty good beating in the last 4-5 years, understandable to be contemplating retirement.

ferri likes this post.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Liked in: 343 posts

Postby GordonH » May 23rd, 2018, 10:14 am

Bumped

It will be interesting to see how this goes over with fan base.
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/226 ... hem-policy
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7641 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

PreviousNext

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors