NFL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: NFL

Post by Ka-El »

GordonH wrote: Yep, NOS are looking very good in NFC. In AFC the rookie for KCC is just incredible... Patrick Mahomes, offence is not a problem there defence is the weak link.

Very rare (like maybe never) that a team scores more than 50 points and loses the game.
I feel bad for any football fan who missed the game Monday night. Very entertaining. :smt045
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I'm still in shock from that game. Wow. I was really wanting the Chiefs to win. So close...several times! :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

ferri wrote: I'm still in shock from that game. Wow. I was really wanting the Chiefs to win.

:smt045 Me too. I like the Rams and I've never been a big Chiefs fan (probably residual when they used to be rivals with the Raiders back in the days when the Raiders had a real football team - Jim Plunkett, Howie Long, Lyle Alzado, etc.) but that is changing. I'm really liking this Mahones kid and looking forward to following his development and career as a quarterback
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

when does the nfl finish?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I don't like the Rams. Suh is the number one reason. What a creep. :D

Last year I watched Mahomes and got the wrong impression of him. I thought he was a stuck up little jerk. Now I realize he's a cool little cucumber. He doesn't get rattled. That is so amazing! The kid has amazing hand/eye coordination!
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

alfred2 wrote:when does the nfl finish?

Football isn't for everyone. It is a bit more complicated to follow than hockey, soccer or baseball.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

XFL

Post by ferri »

I'm just going to include this here, because I'm such a rebel! :D

Seattle chosen as one of 8 inaugural teams for return of XFL football league

https://komonews.com/sports/sports-cont ... lwMGAb9pPQ

And a link to the teams: https://www.xfl.com/teams/dallas
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: XFL

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:I'm just going to include this here, because I'm such a rebel! :D

Seattle chosen as one of 8 inaugural teams for return of XFL football league

https://komonews.com/sports/sports-cont ... lwMGAb9pPQ

And a link to the teams: https://www.xfl.com/teams/dallas

Mr. McMahon baby is going to try again... he should stick to what he really knows. Whats that old saying.... insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Yeah, I'm hoping they will just play ball instead of all the other garbage that was included last time.

The original XFL was founded by the wrestling company and jointly owned by NBC, and premiered to massive TV ratings. But the audience did not stick around on Saturday nights to watch second-rate football, lascivious cheerleader shots, sophomoric double entendres and other gimmicks that quickly doomed the league.

Maybe lesson learned? :D
― Albert Einstein
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The XFL was never to be confused with football. Neither, for that matter, is the CFL.

And to whomever asked when the NFL is over, if you are referring to the end of the season, it is the first Sunday in February, the third this year.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Dallas was the better team tonight and Seattle's penalties at the end did not help their cause.
How long did it take for Wilson to realize the run was not working tonight...
I am not wealthy but I am rich
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Russell doesn't call the plays. Someone should have been watching the run though cuz it weren't working at all.

Been some really defensive tilts this weekend barring the Texans and even that wasn't a barn burner. That Chicago/Philly game was a real defensive gem but still exciting mostly because of Foles.

Foles is likely to be traded and will start for a team that thinks he is a true starter. I don't think he will see the success he has had in Philly though. There's something to be said for being the walk off guy who saves the day. He excels in that role.

Maybe I'm wrong; hope I am because I really like him. One of the calmest chuckers I have ever seen.

Glad to see the Ravens out. Their new QB needs some work but I think he'll be OK. Flacco will move on and become a starter for some desperate team where he will continue to mediocre his way through until retirement.

Some good ones coming up this weekend. Hope the Chargers can beat the Patriots. Hope Foxboro isn't minus 35. Dallas and the Rams? I think the Rams will pull it out but Dallas can do some good things when they need to. Elliot needs a big game as does Prescott.

NO should be OK with Philly but they have been a little shaky the last three games.

Colts and KC? Go Indy. Not very practical though but Indy is playing well and funny things can happen to rookies in the Playoffs.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

mexi cali wrote:Russell doesn't call the plays. Someone should have been watching the run though cuz it weren't working at all.

Been some really defensive tilts this weekend barring the Texans and even that wasn't a barn burner. That Chicago/Philly game was a real defensive gem but still exciting mostly because of Foles.

Foles is likely to be traded and will start for a team that thinks he is a true starter. I don't think he will see the success he has had in Philly though. There's something to be said for being the walk off guy who saves the day. He excels in that role.

Maybe I'm wrong; hope I am because I really like him. One of the calmest chuckers I have ever seen.

Glad to see the Ravens out. Their new QB needs some work but I think he'll be OK. Flacco will move on and become a starter for some desperate team where he will continue to mediocre his way through until retirement.

Some good ones coming up this weekend. Hope the Chargers can beat the Patriots. Hope Foxboro isn't minus 35. Dallas and the Rams? I think the Rams will pull it out but Dallas can do some good things when they need to. Elliot needs a big game as does Prescott.

NO should be OK with Philly but they have been a little shaky the last three games.

Colts and KC? Go Indy. Not very practical though but Indy is playing well and funny things can happen to rookies in the Playoffs.

I put up a poll here for this weekends game, poll end Friday at 5pm
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=80737
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Well, there you have it folks. The Patriots (yet again) and the Rams. Good games for the most part. The Chiefs looked to be the team that was going to come out on top but Brady, like life, finds a way.

The Saints should be the team to be going on. Yes, they are my team and no, this isn't sour grapes. Had they lost all on their own (which they ultimately did in the O/T where they shouldn't have been) I would have been unhappy but OK because you win as team and you lose as team.

They weren't given that opportunity though. The non-call in all likelihood, cost them the game. They were exactly where you want to be at that time in the game. Deep in the opponents end and in control. If that play is called for helmet to helmet or PI, both of which were evident, the Saints get the first down and could have run the clock down to 4 or 5 seconds before kicking the field goal. If you look at what normally gets called for PI in most games, it makes it really hard to understand why none of the officials who could have blown the whistle or come over after the play and discussed it, did anything at all.

The league admits it effed up, the Rams player involved admits it was at least PI but the net result is, the Saints lost but they didn't do it on their own terms and that will live with most of them for a long, long time.

I will say that they should have converted at least one of the first two drives into 7 instead of settling for field goals.

Credit to the Rams kicker, buherlein (sp?) . It aint easy kicking a fifty seven yarder at the best of times but the snap was off a bit and it looked like it would have been good from 65, he really nailed it.

Geaux Saints!!!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”