Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Canadian Football League

Post by my5cents »

Is it just me or should we be calling the CFL the "Canadian Flag League".

Seems just about every play, the players do whatever, then a flag is thrown and the actual yardage gained or lost is determined by the ref.

I get to the point (I usually record) after a few disappointing good plays called back, I fast forward to see who won and watch something else.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I agree

I get the desire to get the play correct, maybe they have gone overboard on that.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:^^^ I agree

I get the desire to get the play correct, maybe they have gone overboard on that.

I agree about getting the play correct, ironically even some of the reviews have been obviously wrong.

I "love" when the team challenges a call, and the call appears to be wrong, the review again gets the call wrong and the team looses a time out. The "gift" that keeps giving.

The penalties they should consider not calling are the inconsequential penalties that have no bearing on the play.

The officiating gives the impression that all the officials are a bunch of part time employees that get a night off from working at Walmart, or a gas station somewhere to factor into a sporting event. They've been given a whistle and a flag so they have the strong urge to use them as much as humanly possible.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

What a comeback by the Bombers, very entertaining game.

BC is on the road in double E tomorrow.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Calgary 60 Hamilton 1

First time I've ever felt sorry for a team. How embarrassing.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JagXKR wrote:Calgary 60 Hamilton 1

First time I've ever felt sorry for a team. How embarrassing.

that is so wrong on every competitive sports level, no way in hell these guys were trying imo 60--1 :200: :200: :200: :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

0-5 Hamilton Ti-cats, wondering if a shake up is coming soon or will ownership understand their is number of new players on the team. 60 to 1 blowout.... is a Wow moment.

Looking forward to an all Alberta game, of course a lot can happen between now & September 4.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fans have spoken and Commissioner has heard.
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/02/cfl-annou ... eo-review/
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So we know who's in the playoffs:
Calgary
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Saskatchewan
Ottawa
Toronto

Either Saskatchewan of Edmonton will crossover & face either Toronto or Ottawa in the semis.

Winnipeg has a chance to take top spot away from Calgary.

Since Winnipeg has been out of the playoff picture for number of years, I would like to see them in the 2017 Grey Cup game.

To my BC Lions maybe next season, big question is will Wally be back next season as head coach. We will have wait & see

Looking forward to this years playoff matchup
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I sure felt sorry for poor Calgary..... NOT !
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Here is my bold predictions
Saskatchewan over Ottawa
Winnipeg over Edmonton

Next week
Saskatchewan over Toronto
Winnipeg over Calgary

2017 Grey Cup in Ottawa will have an all West battle.
Winnipeg vs Saskatchewan

Blue Bombers take the Cup

I have not listen to any reports of player condition/injury reports, since I'm usually terrible with predictions. Chances are it will be the opposite of what I said.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

First half of Eastern Semifinals & Saskatchewan wants to win, if Ottawa does not come out in last half hungry.... it will be Saskatchewan going to BMO field next week.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Well 50% not to bad, next year maybe Winnipeg.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

GordonH wrote:Well 50% not to bad, next year maybe Winnipeg.

GO JETS! (hockey jets that is)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It's been talked about since the 70s, may it come to pass :up: :up:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/21 ... s-CFL-team

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”