Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: 2013 Canadian Football League

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: ... its only the first game of season.

Don't I know it. After more than forty years of cheering for the Stampeders (since about age fifteen), I'm used to disappointment. I think they might have more first place in the West finishes than Grey Cup victories as well. Oh well.

Go Stamps, go :o)

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:... its only the first game of season.

steven lloyd wrote:Don't I know it. After more than forty years of cheering for the Stampeders (since about age fifteen), I'm used to disappointment. I think they might have more first place in the West finishes than Grey Cup victories as well. Oh well.

Go Stamps, go :o)

Stamps are in Regina to face the Riders & green machine. Good luck to your Stamps Steven
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: Good luck to your Stamps Steven

They'll be needing it.

I won't get too carried away with my cheering though.
I'll leave that to my wife - who's a die hard Riders fan.

To the game ...
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Wow... what a wet game at University of Guelph this year home of Ti-cats.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

A moment or two of uncertainty - but we win (whew)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:Image

A moment or two of uncertainty - but we win (whew)

Looking the schedule Calgary gets Montreal again next week, Riders have a chance to go up 5 and 0 for the season with back to back games against Hamilton in week 4 & 5.

Good game tonight, Montreal is still adjusting to new coaching staff.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: ... , Riders have a chance to go up 5 and 0 for the season with back to back games against Hamilton in week 4 & 5.

My wife is very excited about that. Hamilton has come a ways though (they got Hank) so don't count them out yet.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: ... , Riders have a chance to go up 5 and 0 for the season with back to back games against Hamilton in week 4 & 5.

steven lloyd wrote:My wife is very excited about that. Hamilton has come a ways though (they got Hank) so don't count them out yet.

See how Hamilton does against Winnipeg today if they lose, I would venture to say the back to back with Riders will end with a split. But if Hamilton wins today that could change the 4th & 5th week outcome.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Appears it could be a wet game in Edmonton tonight, good thing Commonwealth Stadium replace grass with artificial turf (if not could have been a mud-bowl lol) .
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

First 3 weeks are in the books:
Toronto, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Montreal, Edmonton are all at 1 win 2 losses
Calgary, BC are at 2 wins 1 loss

Big Green Machine Saskatchewan Roughriders are 3 & 0

Week 4 lineup
Fri Jul 19 Toronto @ Winnipeg 5:00 pm TSN Could go either way, I'm leaning towards Blue Bombers
Sat Jul 20 Montreal @ Calgary 4:00 pm TSN Going with Calgary, Montreal is missing the old coaching staff big time.
Sat Jul 20 Edmonton @ BC 7:00 pm TSN Of course my BC Lions
Sun Jul 21 Hamilton @ Saskatchewan 4:00 pm TSN Depending who is QB for the Riders if Darian Durant is back Riders, if not could go either way. Leaning toward Riders
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

If you don't already have your tickets to Grey Cup 2013 in Saskatchewan, you will either buy privately online or a scalper. Since as of today it is Sold-out

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/s ... llout.html

Just an add: this years halftime show had better not have anything similar to the crap last year.
Last edited by GordonH on Jul 23rd, 2013, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Hmmm........ not looking very good for the Blue Bombers, just over 10 minutes down 23 points. It's CFL anything can & will happen. lol

maybe not tonight
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Wondering if Kavis Reed is feeling a small burning sensation, similar to a fire just with a "D" added. Okay maybe not but with 1 & 4 record, I suspect something maybe burning at offices of EE.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Looking forward to the rare Tuesday night game in Toronto, my Lions against Argo's.... without Ricky Ray at the helm.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

is there any free streaming of CFL?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”