Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2014 Canadian Football League

Post by GordonH »

If todays game is any indication on how western semi-final will go, BC will not be going to the Grey Cup this year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

May they beat EE today
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The East Standing look like this:

1) Hamilton
2) Montreal
3) Western crossover (either Riders or Lions, depending on the game between Riders vs Eskimos... Riders win BC is the crossover team)
4) Toronto
5) Ottawa
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Next week has the East & West Semi-final's

BC Lions @ Montreal
Saskatchewan @ Edmonton

following week has winners meet:

Eastern Semi winner @ Hamilton
Western Semi winner @ Calgary
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:May they beat EE today

Of course they did win, but did I miss something ? If they lost against Edmonton they'd cross over to the East and play Montreal. Because they won, they play Edmonton again.

If they beat Edmonton again they play Calgary. If they did the cross over it would be Montreal and then Hamilton ?

Didn't BC get the best of this ? Their next two games (if they win [ya, right]) will both be against Eastern teams.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

my5cents wrote:
Of course they did win, but did I miss something ? If they lost against Edmonton they'd cross over to the East and play Montreal. Because they won, they play Edmonton again.

If they beat Edmonton again they play Calgary. If they did the cross over it would be Montreal and then Hamilton ?

Didn't BC get the best of this ? Their next two games (if they win [ya, right]) will both be against Eastern teams.

Yes, BC got the better end on this.

Next week they meet Montreal in Semi, if they win they then meet Hamilton in eastern final to see who goes to the Grey Cup in Vancouver.

Meanwhile in west Riders have huge task in front of them EE next weekend with most likely the full EE roster (not backup QB like yesterday) then on to Calgary. (If they beat EE)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Saskatchewan has an advantage that Lions don't have right now, that is the Riders have played Edmonton recently. BC Lions have not played Montreal since week 4 of the regular season, since then Montreal have improved with a new QB.
(BC will pull it out & win)
Whomever wins eastern semi's has a little it easier then the winner of western semi's, they meet the best team in the league.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Well, next year for the Lions.

Now on to NFL, I'm going to which my avatar.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

that was simply put "BRUTAL"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/127 ... ckets-left

Fans of winners from east & west finals, will more then likely buy up those tickets. Every year they say the same thing about Grey Cup sales, guess what the Fans are waiting to if their team goes or not.

Added: I remember when the Grey Cup game would alternate between the East & West each year, so it will be 3 years in a row out West... 2013 Regina, 2014 Vancouver, 2015 Winnipeg.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Not a big shocker that BC Lions have fired Mike Benevides, so will Wally come back onto sidelines.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/127 ... head-coach
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

No he won't.........he said as much in the press conference.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:No he won't.........he said as much in the press conference.

Thats unfortunate since it very slim pickings for good CFL coaches.
GordonH

Re: Canadian Football League

Post by GordonH »

So the 2015 regular season of CFL football is just around the corner:
http://www.cfl.ca
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl

Some changes on some of the teams in league & as well a few rule changes. Looking forward to fun season ahead.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Re: Canadian Football League

Post by just popping in »

Lions have a lot of work ahead of them IMO

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”