Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: 2013 Canadian Football League

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote:
That would be excellent outcome, I will wait and see how he does against Calgary tonight.

Yeah I agree. I actually met Buck at his restaurant in Winnipeg and he is an extremely classy and nice guy. It was a shame to watch his career go downhill this year with the Bombers and so it would the feel-good story of the year if he came back to lead the Lions to victory. I am cheering for him big time.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

So both the first and second place teams in the west get defeated in their last regular season games. Damn Calgary. I don’t know how many times I’ve watched them finish first in the league during regular season only to choke in the play-offs or Grey Cup game. Apparently they are quite beat up now as well (good thing they have the first round bye). Still can't count out the Lions. Brand new season starts next weekend and it is anyone’s game (good ol’ CFL).
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:So both the first and second place teams in the west get defeated in their last regular season games. Damn Calgary. I don’t know how many times I’ve watched them finish first in the league during regular season only to choke in the play-offs or Grey Cup game. Apparently they are quite beat up now as well (good thing they have the first round bye). Still can't count out the Lions. Brand new season starts next weekend and it is anyone’s game (good ol’ CFL).

I'm looking forward to the next 3 Sunday's, each should have some good ol' CFL football.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: I'm looking forward to the next 3 Sunday's, each should have some good ol' CFL football.

Off topic but did you see Dallas come back today in the last minute and beat the Vikings with seconds to spare ?
(didn't see the Seattle game but heard they had to come back and beat Tamba Bay in overtime - yikes!)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: I'm looking forward to the next 3 Sunday's, each should have some good ol' CFL football.

steven lloyd wrote:Off topic but did you see Dallas come back today in the last minute and beat the Vikings with seconds to spare ?
(didn't see the Seattle game but heard they had to come back and beat Tamba Bay in overtime - yikes!)

Nope I did not.
Little surprised that winless TB forced OT against Seattle. NFC east only has 1 team barely over .500 so that game no big surprise.

Added later: Kansas City Chiefs are undefeated @ 9-0, which adds up to total wins in pervious 2 season.
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=l ... it=Overall
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GordonH wrote:
I'm looking forward to the next 3 Sunday's, each should have some good ol' CFL football.

I agree. I think the Lions can definitely take the Riders. Calgary at home might be a bit difficult. The East is a total crap-shoot. You would think with Ricky Ray at the helm Toronto would be the favorites, but Montreal is playing some good football right now. I have to cheer for Montreal as they are the underdogs this year. I just can't stand Burris or Austin, so Hamilton is a no-go for me.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:I'm looking forward to the next 3 Sunday's, each should have some good ol' CFL football.

The Green Barbarian wrote:I agree. I think the Lions can definitely take the Riders. Calgary at home might be a bit difficult. The East is a total crap-shoot. You would think with Ricky Ray at the helm Toronto would be the favorites, but Montreal is playing some good football right now. I have to cheer for Montreal as they are the underdogs this year. I just can't stand Burris or Austin, so Hamilton is a no-go for me.

Up until week 10 I would have said Western final would be between Saskatchewan & Calgary, since then BC has good shot.

As for East it's been all over the place, until week 17 happened I expecting the Eastern final to be between Hamilton & Toronto. Now I to am leaning toward Montreal @ Toronto.

This is why this Sunday will be so interesting, which team will show up.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Also I saw that Kavis Reed was fired today. I am kind of surprised that Winnipeg's coach is still standing.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Also I saw that Kavis Reed was fired today. I am kind of surprised that Winnipeg's coach is still standing.

I suspect that will be coming as well (maybe), of course next thing is who's available. Does Kavis Reed become the next coach in Winnipeg or do both teams look outside the box, and try what Montreal did. Which failed

Or does Winnipeg make changes on the field during off season and keep the coaching staff, time will tell.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

I am looking forward to post season....go BC!!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GordonH wrote:
I suspect that will be coming as well (maybe), of course next thing is who's available. Does Kavis Reed become the next coach in Winnipeg or do both teams look outside the box, and try what Montreal did. Which failed

Or does Winnipeg make changes on the field during off season and keep the coaching staff, time will tell.

I've seen rumblings on fan sites that Winnipeg is looking at either Khari Jones or Dave Dickenson as their next head coach. I think it will have to be somebody from the offensive side of the ball, as the guy they have now is a former Defensive coach and that didn't work out very well. Edmonton is looking at either Lapo or Rick Campbell. I think it will be Rick Campbell, given the fact he's Hugh Campbell's son, and the CFL is still a very nepotistic league.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I've seen rumblings on fan sites that Winnipeg is looking at either Khari Jones or Dave Dickenson as their next head coach. I think it will have to be somebody from the offensive side of the ball, as the guy they have now is a former Defensive coach and that didn't work out very well. Edmonton is looking at either Lapo or Rick Campbell. I think it will be Rick Campbell, given the fact he's Hugh Campbell's son, and the CFL is still a very nepotistic league.

Knowing how Dave Dickenson has done in Calgary that may work, as for Edmonton either one could not be much worst than this year.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

So the Conference finals are set.

Hamilton @ Toronto in the East

Saskatchewan @ Calgary in the West

I am going to say Saskatchewan and Toronto meet in the Grey Cup.
Life is too sho......
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

jaz301 wrote: I am going to say Saskatchewan and Toronto meet in the Grey Cup.

Did you see Gordon's poll ?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54029
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I'm no Rider fan, but here's a sad yet good story about their fans:

http://metronews.ca/sports/850355/rider ... bar-owner/

I've said it before and I'll say it again - CFL fans are the best.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”