Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Canadian Football League

Post by GordonH »

Coming up tomorrow is CFL Eastern & Western semifinals:

Toronto Argos @ Hamilton Ti-Cats (even though Hamilton is without their #1 QB, I still give them the edge) winner to face Ottawa Redblacks next Sunday in the Eastern finals.

BC Lions @ Calgary Stampeders (Hey I know BC has little chances of beating Calgary, Lions are my team. So Go Lions Go) winner to face Edmonton Eskimos next Sunday in the Western finals
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Weather is not going to be issue in either game, both have excellent mid November conditions.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

That went down to the wire, so Hamilton is off to meet Ottawa in the Eastern final.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

As with other professional sports franchises, old call has retuned to Edmonton's CFL team. That call is to change the name & remove the word Eskimos.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/152 ... -drop-name
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Looking at temperature for tomorrow's game, it will be cold (-7 around game time) . Its been a whole lot colder at Grey Cup games on the prairies.

Coldest Grey Cup 79th Grey Cup, 1991 -17, sunny (it was sunny)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bump
http://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/1 ... o-Kamloops

With training camps starting up across the country, means 2016 CFL season is not far off.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Watching preseason game between BC @ Saskatchewan, BC new uniforms may grow on me. Helmet looks almost red then orange.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

2016 season starts tomorrow Hamilton @ Toronto, back outdoors at BMO Field.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Week 2:
As I see it teams to beat in the East are Ottawa & Hamilton, both have an excellent duo in QB.
Out West of course the both Alberta teams, knowing Wally back in coaching part of my Lions they are contender.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Its looking like the coach in Winnipeg could be first casualty this year, unless turn around happens.

Team just looks flat
workingclasshero
Fledgling

Post by workingclasshero »

I think they should call it the Canadian Flag Football League.
with the number of flags and video reviews, the game is soo slow.
now the coach can ask for a review of a play if he feels that a penalty should have been called.
I just can't watch anymore.
I like BC and Hamilton for the Grey Cup
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

workingclasshero wrote:I think they should call it the Canadian Flag Football League.
with the number of flags and video reviews, the game is soo slow.
now the coach can ask for a review of a play if he feels that a penalty should have been called.
I just can't watch anymore.
I like BC and Hamilton for the Grey Cup

Of course if players would play within rule book, not so many penalties would be called.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Hell of a game, between top team Ottawa @ Home of the Riders
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Very fitting location for Canada's 150th
http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/172 ... 7-Grey-Cup

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”