Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Canadian Football League

Post by GordonH »

Henry Burris had hell of a season last year, not so much this season. I think Ottawa will be better off once Harris can return to line up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Stamps & Lions had better beware of the Bombers.

Riders needs a win here, will they get it..... lets see what last 10 minutes of the 4th looks like.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

These Winnipeg fans who picked on this kid should be ashamed themselves, I agree with the Mother about adults giving each hard time about who's team they support.
Don't be doing that to a kid.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/175 ... y-CFL-fans
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Calgary Stampeder Mylan Hicks dead after nightclub shooting

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/f ... -1.3778093
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to his Family and Friends as well Teammates.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

sad day in sports today!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:sad day in sports today!

That it was ferri.

looking at CFL everything points to Calgary being heavy favourites on winning 2016 Grey Cup. Knowing weak the eastern conference is crossover by western team is pretty likely.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

What's with singing of the American anthem at the CFL game in Calgary today (1 Oct 2016) ?

Has this been the norm ? I usually record the game and could have missed the song,,,, but ???
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Perhaps in honour of Mylan Hicks (Michigan State College).
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

46-yr old Paul McCallum returns to Lions, beginning of season as opposed to end would have been better.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#179740
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

just popping in wrote:46-yr old Paul McCallum returns to Lions, beginning of season as opposed to end would have been better.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#179740

He will most likely only be used for point after & short field goals, no punting duties.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Last weekend of regular season, we know who has clinched Eastern & Western top spots (if not Ottawa & Calgary).
What still needs to be decided who crosses over to east Winnipeg or Edmonton. If Winnipeg wins & BC loses, that changes who hosts Western Semi's.

So if Edmonton wins & Winnipeg loses, then Edmonton plays BC at BC Place for west semi-final.
Winnipeg then goes to east semi-finals against Hamilton. How if BC beat the Riders they host west semi's with either Winnipeg or Edmonton.

Hope that clears it up like mud.

Fridays Game
Ottawa vs Winnipeg

Saturday Games
Montreal vs Hamilton
Toronto vs Edmonton
Saskatchewan vs BC
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^So with Winnipeg win over Ottawa if BC wants to host western semifinals they need to beat Saskatchewan tomorrow. Meanwhile other 2 games on Saturday has absolutely no bearing on final standings.
Edmonton will be crossing over to eastern semifinals against Hamilton.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Next weekend East & West Semifinals

Edmonton at Hamilton 10am, winner to meet Ottawa in the eastern finals. (Edmonton should win)
Winnipeg at BC 1:30pm, winner to meet Calgary in the western finals. (Going with my BC Lions)

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”