Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing.

Re: Canadian Football League

Postby Jflem1983 » May 21st, 2018, 8:22 pm

Go Riders.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3240 posts

Postby GordonH » Jun 14th, 2018, 5:29 pm

CFL is back, looking forward to fun & entertaining season.

Process is slow but it's looking good for a team in the maritimes
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7749 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 14th, 2018, 5:36 pm

CFL is a working mans league. For that they will always be my #1. Ive been to one grey cup and one western final. More to come.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

GordonH likes this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Postby GordonH » Jun 16th, 2018, 12:48 pm

2 of the 4 opening weekend games for 2018 season are in the books, other 2 are today.

Hamilton at Calgary... last year this game was massive blowout (60 to 1), this game is at 4pm today
Montreal at BC game time 7pm

Added: only team in CFL that had $$$ space picked up Adam Bighill after being cut by the Saints, that was Winnipeg... hell of addition to the team.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby GordonH » Jul 23rd, 2018, 4:27 pm

Johnny Manziel is now a Montreal Alouettes, this could be very interesting knowing Montreal's nightlife.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/07/22/report-ti ... ziel-deal/

GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby the truth » Jul 23rd, 2018, 4:47 pm

yup, night life in montreal is the best in canada imo , stay out of the clubs johnny, at least we will get to see him play soon
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6311 posts

Postby mexi cali » Jul 23rd, 2018, 7:02 pm

Just in reference to the title of the thread? Boring. Hate the game. Can't watch it anymore. I wish they would adopt the NFL rules.

Sorry.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 3680 posts

Postby GordonH » Jul 23rd, 2018, 7:25 pm

mexi cali wrote:Just in reference to the title of the thread? Boring. Hate the game. Can't watch it anymore. I wish they would adopt the NFL rules.

Sorry.

NFL preseason starts in 10 days... enjoy.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby my5cents » Jul 24th, 2018, 7:43 am

mexi cali wrote:Just in reference to the title of the thread? Boring. Hate the game. Can't watch it anymore. I wish they would adopt the NFL rules.

Sorry.

I have trouble watching CFL games too, but the only thing I like about them is the rules. Can't stand 4 down football.

I like the rules, but the challenge rules are stupid. If you win a challenge then that shouldn't be counted as a challenge.

IMO, what's destroying the game are all the penalties and the HORRIBLE play by play and commentary,,, and you can ad it the quality of some of the players. But what can you expect when you are the dumping ground for players that couldn't make it in the NFL.

There was an article that said the highest paid NFL player made more than ALL the CFL players. (not sure when that was)

It was mentioned that NFL rookies got something like $420,000, while CFL rookies got around $50,000.

For a lot of CFL players, football is there weekend job, away from working in a bank, selling cars, whatever.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1233 posts

Postby mexi cali » Jul 25th, 2018, 12:27 pm

I get sick of the wideout pass. The field is so freakin wide that anyone can make that pass play and pick off ten yard chunks all day long.

The single point rule for a missed FG is so ridiculous I can't stand it.

The never fails quarterback draw for a single yard play. Stupid.

Two and out is mind numbing.

endzones that are sodeep you could build a highrise in them makes it pretty easy to "go deep".

The one ting the CFL impressed upon the NFL however is the shotgun. NFL QBs never used to use that play and QBs like Brady and Roethlisberger have made it their go to.

I will confess though to A) still being a Stamps fan and B) watching the playoffs.

I just cringe a lot when I am watching.

Go Saints!!
mexi cali
Guru

Postby GordonH » Jul 25th, 2018, 12:41 pm

mexi cali wrote:I get sick of the wideout pass. The field is so freakin wide that anyone can make that pass play and pick off ten yard chunks all day long.

The single point rule for a missed FG is so ridiculous I can't stand it.

The never fails quarterback draw for a single yard play. Stupid.

Two and out is mind numbing.

endzones that are sodeep you could build a highrise in them makes it pretty easy to "go deep".

The one ting the CFL impressed upon the NFL however is the shotgun. NFL QBs never used to use that play and QBs like Brady and Roethlisberger have made it their go to.

I will confess though to A) still being a Stamps fan and B) watching the playoffs.

I just cringe a lot when I am watching.

Go Saints!!

I guess the 1 thing that gets me about NFL is the amount times (many within a game) a team can't get 10 yards with 4 downs.
Now it happens with 3 downs, imo it shouldn't with 4.
With the amount those QB's get along with the receivers.

When I see that it just :swear: me off.

At least when cfl player screws up, he is not getting millions in process.

GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Jflem1983 » Jul 25th, 2018, 12:43 pm

NFL players lost me 2 years ago with the anthem thing. I wont be watching NFL again

the truth likes this post.
Jflem1983
Guru

Postby the truth » Jul 25th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:NFL players lost me 2 years ago with the anthem thing. I wont be watching NFL again

yup............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby mexi cali » Jul 26th, 2018, 7:18 pm

seriously?
mexi cali
Guru

Postby the truth » Jul 26th, 2018, 10:04 pm

they get paid to play ball, nothing else imo if i want to watch bs america politics i will watch cnn
Last edited by the truth on Jul 27th, 2018, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

the truth
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Sports / Great Outdoors