Canadian Football League

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Canadian Football League

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:impo Simoni Lawrence should be facing both a fine & multiple game suspension.
That cra :cuss: has no place in the game... period.
Hopefully the League will step up and make this happen

Added later: especially since Zach Collaros has had concussion issues

Simoni Lawrence should consider himself damn lucky receiving only 2 game suspension.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

At this point of CFL season it's looking like:
Eastern Conference
Hamilton & surprisingly Montreal
Western Conference
Winnipeg & Calgary

My Lions look like a team in rebuild mode, so maybe next season.

So Go Bombers Go
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:At this point of CFL season it's looking like:
Eastern Conference
Hamilton & surprisingly Montreal
Western Conference
Winnipeg & Calgary

My Lions look like a team in rebuild mode, so maybe next season.

So Go Bombers Go

Without Matt Nichols the Blue Bombers Grey Cup chances are slipping away, their backup just doesn't have it.
impo WBB should have gone out and got someone maybe even Travis Lulay.

They have 3 remaining games:
at home against Montreal
on the road in Calgary
at hame against Calgary
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Eastern Semifinals
Montreal over Edmonton

Western Semifinals
Winnipeg over Calgary
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

go Montreal go :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:Eastern Semifinals
Montreal over Edmonton

Western Semifinals
Winnipeg over Calgary

Thanks for the update GordonH. I used to watch every single game, faithfully.

I don't now.

But with the exception of the poor officiating, the horrible play by play, the poorly thought out appeal rules (and the rules in general), and the poor quality of football, the CFL is great. Oh, I forgot the real stupid half time analysis. Wait a minute.... what is left ?

I don't blame the players. Did you know the highest paid player in the NFL makes more than all the CFL players added up ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Eastern Semifinals
Montreal over Edmonton

Western Semifinals
Winnipeg over Calgary

my5cents wrote:Thanks for the update GordonH. I used to watch every single game, faithfully.

I don't now.

But with the exception of the poor officiating, the horrible play by play, the poorly thought out appeal rules (and the rules in general), and the poor quality of football, the CFL is great. Oh, I forgot the real stupid half time analysis. Wait a minute.... what is left ?

I don't blame the players. Did you know the highest paid player in the NFL makes more than all the CFL players added up ?

I grew up with CFL, they will never have the deep pockets of NFL.
Things I like are:
1) bigger field
2) fewer chances to get 10 yards
etc... etc

My prediction did not happen so next week Eastern Finals
Edmonton vs Hamilton

later we see who travels Regina for Western Finals.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:I grew up with CFL, they will never have the deep pockets of NFL.
Things I like are:
1) bigger field
2) fewer chances to get 10 yards
etc... etc

My prediction did not happen so next week Eastern Finals
Edmonton vs Hamilton

later we see who travels Regina for Western Finals.

I did as well. Remember as a kid in Vancouver attending games with friends. Viewing the game in one of the end zones, called the "Woodwards Quarterback Club"

I don't tolerate frustration, I guess like I used to. The mindless chatter between the play-by-play personality and the color guy. Most of the time they are talking about historic events or people and don't have a clue what's going on on the field.

A play will end on a strange penalty, cut to a commercial, "we'll get to that penalty when we get back" then back with the field color person interviewing someone extending halfway into the following play, never talking about the penalty call that was missed when they cut to commercial.

As they show plays from previous games, or earlier in the game at hand, they miss the live game. I'm shouting at the screen, "if I wanted history, I'd be watching the History Channel"

They do a very poor job of the live game, so why even try to show background.

The mentally challenged individuals trying to do the half time show ? When I did watch, I recorded the game and jumped over that.

It's just an overall very poor product.

I was a season ticket holder for the Lions. They built BC Place, the season ticket sales sored. My season ticket from Empire stadium was transferred over. I was given two seats in row "BB" at the goal line. (ie, 28 rows from the field). I know corporations that never had season tickets before were given large blocks of tickets at or near the 55 yard line.

We were guaranteed tickets for the grey cup that year. Their decision ? We don't want people to come from Eastern Canada to see the Grey Cup and get poor seats. (likely most were people living locally that had a friend/relative that has season tickets in other cities)

So my poor seats in row BB, weren't poor enough. For the Grey Cup, I didn't even get those poor seats, I was re-located to below the large screen in the end zone.

So perhaps they can sell my season ticket to the Easterner that got my seat for the Grey Cup.

Bye-bye Lions.

Ya, I guess I hold a grudge.

That stopped me from attending live CFL games in Vancouver, now the product is so bad, I won't waste my time watching televised games.

The few glimpses I've seen of Lion's home games, I'm not surprized at all the vacant seats, not to mention the entire top bowl.

All sports teams should realize if you treat your customers poorly, they go away and they frequently don't come back. Just ask the Penticton Vees, how it worked out when they first opened the SOEC and used heavy handed tactic with their fan base.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ many of the play by play people (in many different sports) are annoying, so I usually have no volume and just watch the game.
This works for me
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Next week Grey Cup, here is my prediction who will be playing.

Winnipeg vs Hamilton
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Next week Grey Cup, here is my prediction who will be playing.

Winnipeg vs Hamilton

Got this one right

Grey Cup in Calgary next Sunday

I'm going with blue & gold

Added: Simoni Lawrence.... Zach Collaros, knowing that Lawrence took out Collaros in his first game this season with the Riders (imo very dirty hit). Now he is QB of Winnipeg
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Well i was waiting for Gord to say something. But he hasnt. GREY CUP SUNDAY. Get your game on. 2 deserving teams. Both have large fan bases here. Ill be cheering for Hamilton.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

1791 wrote:Well i was waiting for Gord to say something. But he hasnt. GREY CUP SUNDAY. Get your game on. 2 deserving teams. Both have large fan bases here. Ill be cheering for Hamilton.

I am watching Davis Cup finals

Go Bombers Go
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Bellied up to the bar. Not many here. Must be a few private parties going on. Enjoy the game folks
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

1791 wrote:Well i was waiting for Gord to say something. But he hasnt. GREY CUP SUNDAY. Get your game on. 2 deserving teams. Both have large fan bases here. Ill be cheering for Hamilton.

It will interesting if Hamilton can shutdown both of Winnipegs QB's

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”