NHL lockout?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
theyeti
Übergod

Re: NHL lockout?

Post by theyeti »

lovin it !
Big Bacardi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Big Bacardi »

Billionaire owners fighting with millionaire players over money....

both sides can go and suck eggs, as far as i am concerned.

and btw i love nhl hockey, am sad that the season is fubar.

but kinda hope in a sick nperverted way that this cripples hockey....money is stoopid!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
You may think I'm dumb...But I ain't so smart.....but i am smart enuf to know how to spell corrictley!!!....I sure wish others culd spel. The graamar by other postars truly sux!
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

This article makes me more mad at fehr then at Bettman http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lock ... e_to_play/

From what I get from this article is Fehr wants to get rid of the salary cap so we will have over paid bums (not that we dont have them now) and then the NHL teams would struggle even more because players will ask for more money.
Life is too sho......
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

jaz301 wrote:From what I get from this article is Fehr wants to get rid of the salary cap so we will have over paid bums (not that we dont have them now) and then the NHL teams would struggle even more because players will ask for more money.

I don't think it's quite that simple, and remember, no owner don't has to pay any player a dime more than they want to.

The article is probably right though, soon the proposals will become more like ransom demands. I'm interested to see where this ends up; I enjoy NHL hockey, but I don't really have an emotional investment in it. All the more reason to support one's local junior team until this gets sorted out.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

this lockout is great isnt it ! i hope that sportsnet uses this oppertunity to fire all the hockey central crew like kypreos and doug mclean that would be the best early christmas present ever !

then if tsn could get rid of geno reta and james duthie oh wow i could watch those channels again
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

theyeti wrote:this lockout is great isnt it ! i hope that sportsnet uses this oppertunity to fire all the hockey central crew like kypreos and doug mclean that would be the best early christmas present ever !

then if tsn could get rid of geno reta and james duthie oh wow i could watch those channels again

Hmm......... did I listen or watch these guy before the lockout nope........ will I after nope.

This is non-issue for me so they can do as they wish with these fellows.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

theyeti is starting to remind me of another large, mythical creature that can often be found on online forums...

The NHL owners have made a proposal. Your move, PA.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407490
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

if the players r stupid enuff to refuse this they deserve to get nothing
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

theyeti wrote:if the players r stupid enuff to refuse this they deserve to get nothing

If the phone doesn't ring, it's the players not calling you to ask your advice.

I highly doubt the PA will accept this offer as-is, but there's a good chance this is the beginning of the end of the dispute.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

50 50 split is a pretty good haul when one guy comes to the table with close to a billion in leverage and the other guy is a fast skater
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

The revenue split is the biggest issue, but not the only issue.

Waitaminute, why am I discussing this with a guy who doesn't watch or care about hockey? :clueless:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

IMO if NHL hockey does start 2012-13 season on November 2 it should be made shorten season and end as it would have without a lockout on Apr 13, 2013.

Do not make-up the games lost due to the lockout, IMO those games are gone.

Added later: remove 6 teams from league keep the 82 game season would result in the play-off being played about month earlier than now. (Based on non-lockout year)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i actually like your ideas gord !
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Nobody misses hockey because it has been months since we saw it. The biggest problem for the owners is that nobody really cares. If they had started the season then cancelled it part way through then people would notice. It is hard to notice something missing that was not there to start with.

The players want a fix to the problem with teams in poor markets. Those teams cost them money. Moving the team to Winnipeg put millions into the pockets of the players and the owners because they now have a winning team and more revenues instead of a money losing team. Move a team to Quebec City and another to Hamilton and suddenly everyone is making money again. The players could give up some percentage and still take home more money in the long run. Plus we get better hockey teams.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

butcher99 wrote: The players want a fix to the problem with teams in poor markets..

The players want to do that? That's why they turned down a 50/50 split of revenue? The players want to do the exact opposite. They don't want to give up any of there money. The owners realized they screwed up by giving the players too much money and now they want to lower the players pay roll, but the players want to keep all there money. My thoughts on this is the players make enough money they can give up some of theirs. "Oh no instead of making $10 mil I will only make $7 mil. How will I ever support my family now?"
Life is too sho......

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”