NHL lockout?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
theyeti
Übergod

NHL lockout?

Post by theyeti »

well i sure wont be sad if they dont play .. looking forward to a hockey free winter !
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: nhl lockout ???

Post by Logitack »

is this thread in the right section..... :sleepdeprived:
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

sure its a local topic lots of players live here
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Well ...Fire Bettman.. If they don't ,GO ROCKETS GO !!!!

I remember the last strike ..or Lock out..or whatever ONLY because there was plenty of excellent local hockey in the form of the WHL Kelowna Rockets to satisfy my "blood lust"

Our local boys would benefit from an NHL lockout. They might even win another Memorial Cup !
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

that would be a bonus i agree
keeny
Fledgling

Post by keeny »

theyeti wrote:well i sure wont be sad if they dont play .. looking forward to a hockey free winter !

Where's the like button?

I'm all for sportsmanship and all that jazz, but "major" league sports make me sick with all their commercialization, drama and leeching people of their money. Multiple hundred dollars to watch a sports game? Are you *bleep* me?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

20 bucks for a good seat at a Rockets game...Maybe a buck or three more , but hey, If you like sports it's a bargain.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

MAPearce wrote:20 bucks for a good seat at a Rockets game...Maybe a buck or three more , but hey, If you like sports it's a bargain.

Totally agree, if Rockets are out of town then you have West Kelowna Warriors, Vernon Vipers or Penticton Vees of BCHL within a short drive.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

GordonH wrote:
MAPearce wrote:20 bucks for a good seat at a Rockets game...Maybe a buck or three more , but hey, If you like sports it's a bargain.

Totally agree, if Rockets are out of town then you have West Kelowna Warriors, Vernon Vipers or Penticton Vees of BCHL within a short drive.

Got a Victoria Salsa jersey from their very first season !! ..Good local hockey , just a few minutes drive away !

BCHL is indeed under rated !
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

MAPearce wrote:Well ...Fire Bettman..

Why? Its not his fault there is a lockout. Its the owners/ players. Bettman is just the representative of the owners. The owners hired him to represent the owners. In other words he is basically the messenger. The owners say they will lockout players and Bettman announces it. That being said I am not happy that there is going to be a NHL lockout. If there is I am not going to watch a single NHL game this season maybe even more or buy any NHL merchandise.

I really hope that they will show more junior hockey on tv as they did with the last lockout. Instead of shaw showing 20 WHL games they showed like 50. Maybe even sportnet will show more CHL games.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Yep everything points to a lock-out....... so be it.

I have MLS play-off coming with Vancouver in.......... BCHL with West Kelowna, Penticton or Vernon to go watch. Then there is Rockets or off to Kamloops.
Lets not forget football (CFL).......... more hockey with CHL and/or AHL.

As for as I see if they wish lock-out the season.......... oh well I covered.

NHL :sillygrin:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

oh its getting close cant wait for em to cancel the season
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

theyeti wrote:oh its getting close cant wait for em to cancel the season

It will be sometime before they cancel the season.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

oh i know they will drag it out as long as they can . anything to keep there faces on tv ..
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

wow theyeti, for someone who doesn't care about hockey, you're sure passionate about this. I hope you're watching TSN every day and following the situation closely.

If you count Jr B, there are seven junior hockey teams within an hour's drive of Kelowna. We've also got the Okanagan Rockets major midget program, playing out of the Capital News Centre. The games are free to attend and it's pretty decent hockey. The only thing missing is you can't get any $8 beers there.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”