MacDonald, UFC Talent

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
HENRI FONTAINE

Re: MacDonald, UFC Talent

Post by HENRI FONTAINE »

On a different note. Where would I find information on last nights UFC 155, regarding the fight of the night, submission of the night & KO of the night? Also, I am still a fan of Rory. Looking forward to March 16th. Go Canada!
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

KELOWNA PROPERTIES wrote: Where would I find information on last nights UFC 155, regarding the fight of the night, submission of the night & KO of the night?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1461 ... ht-bonuses
HENRI FONTAINE

Post by HENRI FONTAINE »

Thanks Rooster!
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

KELOWNA PROPERTIES wrote:On a different note. Where would I find information on last nights UFC 155, regarding the fight of the night, submission of the night & KO of the night? Also, I am still a fan of Rory. Looking forward to March 16th. Go Canada!

I really hope we get beyond this kind of ugly jingoism someday, but I know we probably will not.

On another note, I've noticed you asking questions like this before Kelowna Properties. You should use was it commonly called a search engine. "google" is the most prominent example. Go to google and simply type in a few keywords. In this case "ufc 155" would suffice, but "ufc 155 fight of night" will most certainly bring up dozens, if not hundreds, of links to the information. You can do all that in a tiny fraction of the time it takes to write your question here, let alone the time it takes to have somebody else look it up for you, and post back!
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

I love how Dcipher chomps at the bit to comment on a thread he clearly has no interest in and then takes the time to "educate" someone on proper google edicate , - I really hope we get beyond this forum elitist ugliness someday, but I know we probably will not..... :skippingsheep:

Where do you draw your line? Just UFC or all patriotism in sports?
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

Corneliousrooster wrote:I love how Dcipher chomps at the bit to comment on a thread he clearly has no interest in and then takes the time to "educate" someone on proper google edicate , - I really hope we get beyond this forum elitist ugliness someday, but I know we probably will not..... :skippingsheep:

Where do you draw your line? Just UFC or all patriotism in sports?

You may disagree with me on jingoism in sports, for the record, I apply that to ALL sports; however, that has NOTHING to do with the google advice. Frankly, I'm baffled anyone can post on castanet, but be unfamiliar with Google, however that appears to be the case here, and - giving them the benefit of the doubt - rather than give a person a fish, I'm showing them how to fish, and that in this case, the "fishing" is far easier and quicker than writing a post, and waiting for you, or somebody else to post the answer a day later. This is not a matter of Google "edicate(sp)", this is the simple awareness and ability to use a search engine. If you cannot understand that, so be it. It's interesting that you'd prefer the poster to waste their time posting a question, and waiting for somebody to reply, than simply typing 4 words into an engine to get the same links themselves.

Everyone else can note that:

1. I did NOT insult the poster's apparent ignorance on the subject, even though I certainly could have in any number of ways, an obvious one being the snide manner you just posted in. Instead, I gave simple, uncolored, direction.

2.You're conflating two clearly separate issues, in fact, in your short post, you jumped between the two issues in an erratic manner.

3. "chomps at the bit to comment on a thread he clearly has no interest in"....apparently, you haven't even read the thread, if you had, you'd note that I had actually posted extensively on the first page. It's you who have jumped into a thread you apparently had no interest in.

Your accusations are both irrational and dishonest.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Instead of publicly informing the masses how much smarter and adept at the interwebs you are - why don't you PM your pearls of wisdom to the perpetrator instead of derailing the thread with lengthy point by point posts that have nothing to do with Rory MacDonald and UFC talent.

My apologies for not going back through the thread to re-read post by post who wrote what a month ago before accusing you (based on your irrelevant post) of not having an interest in UFC :ohmygod:
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

dcipher wrote: I really hope we get beyond this kind of ugly jingoism someday, but I know we probably will not.

Jingoism? I’m no UFC fan but I'm failing to appreciate the reference. Have you tried “google” ?
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

Corneliousrooster wrote:Instead of publicly informing the masses how much smarter and adept at the interwebs you are - why don't you PM your pearls of wisdom to the perpetrator instead of derailing the thread with lengthy point by point posts that have nothing to do with Rory MacDonald and UFC talent.

This is yet another lie. There was not lengthy a point by point tangent in my thread, but a simply written 3.5 line paragraph giving instructions. YOU derailed the thread with your next post with your untrue accusations.

Corneliousrooster wrote:My apologies for not going back through the thread to re-read post by post who wrote what a month ago before accusing you (based on your irrelevant post) of not having an interest in UFC :ohmygod:

A real man/rooster would own up to the mistake, but once again, you show your true colors with a passive-aggressive snipe. Sad. Quite right you should have looked through the ONE page preceding, before making accusations - all the more ironic that they would be accusations that I lack interest in the thread. You are obviously quite the drama queen, but I think you do the castanet readers a disservice by thinking your histrionics will cover up your lies, particularly considering the validity of my points (made in response to you are easily verifiable by simply looking back at the thread).
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

steven lloyd wrote:Jingoism? I’m no UFC fan but I'm failing to appreciate the reference. Have you tried “google” ?

I am not sure why you don't understand the reference. Others - including Cornelius - seem to. Without further clarification, it is pointless to elaborate.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

dcipher wrote: ... , it is pointless to elaborate.

(reposted without Captain's permissiion - sorry Captain)
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

steven lloyd wrote:Image
(reposted without Captain's permissiion - sorry Captain)

Good. I am glad you are now sated, and I thank you for your inquiry! Keep in mind that I said "without further clarification"; I will always respond to any polite request for clarification, and - assuming it is sincere - consider it time well spent.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

He broke out the bold and put in question my manliness ............. over poorly executed time and place google instructions...... :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:

dcipher wrote:Others - including Cornelius - seem to.

I thought it was a pretty far reaching stretch of your apparent excessive vocabulary. Thankyou for acknowledging your derailment and not perpetuating it for several more redundant nonsense posts that have nothing to do with the UFC or Rory MacDonald. We are all wiser for having been fed your diatribe and look forward for many more "pearls" in the posts ahead ...... :runforlife:
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Wow, never get that minute back. :ohmygod:
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

March 16, Montreal

Go get'em Kid.