World Junior Hockey Championship

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: World Junior Hockey Championship

Post by Bubalouie »

It SUCKS royally to be at work and not be watching the game...............
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:It SUCKS royally to be at work and not be watching the game...............

Agreed, thats why I planned ahead banked hours earlier this year than took off game days for Team Canada.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

3-2 after two for the slovakia's should be a great 3rd period
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

anyone else think we're going to get pummeled tomorrow against the US? This team pulled it out of the fire against Slovakia, but tomorrow they are playing the real deal. Just not enough guys on this team who are natural scorers. McDavid is going to rock next year, but his immaturity and green-ness is showing through this tournament. I expect him next year to dominate, if they give him some decent line-mates.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

should be a great game but we will win 4-3 :]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:anyone else think we're going to get pummeled tomorrow against the US? This team pulled it out of the fire against Slovakia, but tomorrow they are playing the real deal. Just not enough guys on this team who are natural scorers. McDavid is going to rock next year, but his immaturity and green-ness is showing through this tournament. I expect him next year to dominate, if they give him some decent line-mates.

I'm looking at this way Brent is taking a page out of Darryl's(2012 handbook), just squeak into important games then let them have it with both barrels. lol

Looking to see how tomorrow game goes not so much scoreboard, play on the ice.
Meaning by that is which side is holding back another level of play "vs" who's giving everything just to stay in the game.

Hope that makes sense, since both teams are into next round.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I'm kinda sorta watching this because I am kinda sorta watching Curtis Lazar. Hoping he'll make some great plays - his family is so proud of this young fella.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:anyone else think we're going to get pummeled tomorrow against the US? This team pulled it out of the fire against Slovakia, but tomorrow they are playing the real deal. Just not enough guys on this team who are natural scorers. McDavid is going to rock next year, but his immaturity and green-ness is showing through this tournament. I expect him next year to dominate, if they give him some decent line-mates.

I really don't see Canada beating the states with how they have played the last 2 games. Hopefully I am wrong.
Life is too sho......
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

woooooooooo. we win 3-2 great game by goalie fucale
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

jaz301 wrote:I really don't see Canada beating the states with how they have played the last 2 games. Hopefully I am wrong.

DOH!

I'll admit I was having doubts as well. Saw bits of the USA Germany game the they looked fast.

What I've found interesting to watch is the process Sutter has taken to replace individual creativity with team system. You can be creative but it has to be within the defence first system. NHL type hockey.

Originally I was critical of Sutter doing his best to real in the free wheeling snipers with skilled players like McDavid and Druin both spending time on the bench. But Sutters goal isnt to highlight a future superstar, it's to win and that takes a team. And the Canadians are starting to play like a team which is a great sign for the rest of the tournament.

Oh, and it doesnt hurt if your goalie stands on his head.:)
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Actual missed the game stuff happens. Friends & Family come before any games, buddy was broke down in Merritt.

Thursday Quarter Finals line up:
Norway vs Germany 2am
Russia vs USA 3am
Czech Republic vs Finland 5:30am
Switzerland vs Canada 8am
Slovakia vs Sweden 10:30am
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

If you dont have a PVR you may want to invest. Can watch a recorded game in half the time skipping through period breaks and comercials.

It's too bad you missed it, this was Horvat's best game of the tournament. Showed some flashes of what made him ninth overall.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GordonH wrote:Actual missed the game stuff happens. Friends & Family come before any games, buddy was broke down in Merritt.

Thursday Quarter Finals line up:
Norway vs Germany 2am
Russia vs USA 3am
Czech Republic vs Finland 5:30am
Switzerland vs Canada 8am
Slovakia vs Sweden 10:30am

Wow I want you for a buddy if you're willing to drive to Merritt to pick me up! What a good friend! The games are usually replayed later in the day so look for it coming on later.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

the truth wrote:woooooooooo. we win 3-2 great game by goalie fucale

yeah I expected him to turn in a fecal matter of a game but he stood on his head, that breakaway he stopped in the third period was critical and really the whole game was dependent on him making that stop, and he did. Now let's bring on some Russians!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:If you dont have a PVR you may want to invest. Can watch a recorded game in half the time skipping through period breaks and comercials.

It's too bad you missed it, this was Horvat's best game of the tournament. Showed some flashes of what made him ninth overall.

For some reason knowing the final outcome spoils the rebroadcast/or recorded games.

The Green Barbarian wrote:yeah I expected him to turn in a fecal matter of a game but he stood on his head, that breakaway he stopped in the third period was critical and really the whole game was dependent on him making that stop, and he did. Now let's bring on some Russians!

He was the only thing keeping Canada in game in the first period.

First Americans get the Russians, I suspect the Russian team has been playing http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/play+possum

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”