World Junior Hockey Championship

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: World Junior Hockey Championship

Post by GordonH »

2014 World Juniors are just around the corner hosted in Malmo, Sweden.
Pre-Competition started today

Here is TSN broadcast schedule http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

too bad Rockets Damon Severson was cut from the team. With 25 players invited thought he would have good chance of making team.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Yes, it would have been nice to have a Rockets player in roster at WJC.
Brent & coaching staff have to make 3 cuts before Thursday's game and unfortunely Damon was 1 of them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Well not off to a good start this year. Recorded the 04:00 AM pre-game show on my Gateway. Checked it at 4:45 AM and found it was in 4 pieces (4 five minutes segments)? Looks like it stopped and started for some reason.
Hope it's not the beginning of problems.

I'm hoping for the best but I fear this won't be our year. Hope I'm totally wrong.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

After 1 period Canada leads Germany 4-2
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

go canada go. i love the world junior hockey championship
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Strong game against a far weaker German team this morning. Shame about Hunter, didn't realize he's had a injury plagued season so far.

Shinkaruk was a bit of a long shot to make the team as he spent three weeks on the sidelines with a hip injury earlier in the season and was behind the eight ball from that point on. "First of all, I think every kid playing hockey in Canada wants to play for Team Canada at their level," assistant GM Laurence Gilman said. "I'm sure it is extremely disappointing for Hunter. Unfortunately for him, he has had a tough year. He sustained two different injuries that have clearly impacted his performance. It is a testament to him and his skill set, and what Hockey Canada thinks about him, that they brought him to Copenhagen for their pre-tournament." He will return to Medicine Hat to continue his WHL season. Dec 22 - 8:35 AM
Source: Vancouver Sun
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Russia blanked Norway 11-0

The games I'm looking forward to are in group "A" is USA vs Canada and group "B" Sweden vs Russia.

Tuesday December 31
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

should be 2 great games, and i am not working that day .wooooooooooooo ;]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Little disappointed on the outcome of todays game.

Looking for a win come Monday against Slovakia.
Will it be Jake Paterson or Zachary Fucale in net.
Until Monday
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Not many coaches would bench a sniper like Connor Mcdavid in such a tight game. Not sure about Sutter's decision there.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Not many coaches would bench a sniper like Connor Mcdavid in such a tight game. Not sure about Sutter's decision there.

Trying to figure out the reason for some of Sutter's decisions could drive one crazy. lol
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Poindexter wrote:Not many coaches would bench a sniper like Connor Mcdavid in such a tight game. Not sure about Sutter's decision there.

yeah that was a brutal decision. Too many mental errors from both players and coaches this year. What was Mantha thinking playing that puck on the too many men penalty?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

He's a 16 year old playing in a 19 year olds tournament. He took a pair of penalties and had a costly turnover. Sutter had to send a message and I think he did.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

That's not a good way to start off a hockey game, come on let's get that one back.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”