NFL Play-offs!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

NFL Play-offs!

Post by steven lloyd »

Yay !!! It's that time of year again. Christmas - almost immediately followed by NFL Play-Offs and the Superbowl.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

... almost immediately followed by spring and summer :sunshine:
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: NFL PLAY-OFFS !!!

Post by Urbane »

steven lloyd wrote:Yay !!! It's that time of year again. Christmas - almost immediately followed by NFL Play-Offs and the Superbowl.

I'm a life-long Green Bay Packer fan so I'm in a very good mood this evening. I still remember watching Vince Lombardi coaching the Pack to those two consecutive NFL championship game victories over the Cowboys (Remember the "ice bowl" game?) in the late 1960's and of course it's the Packers who have won more NFL championships than any other team (although not the most Super Bowls - that's in their future).
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

I would like to have seen the Patriots beat Sanfrancisco last night. It would have made next Sundays game in Seattle a critical game for both teams. It still should be a good game, as Seattle are still unbeaten at home.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:Yay !!! It's that time of year again. Christmas - almost immediately followed by NFL Play-Offs and the Superbowl.

I'm a fan cheezeheads.......... GB

Hey Steven another event happens around Christmas to January 5, 2013 http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/schedule/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: Hey Steven another event happens around Christmas to January 5, 2013 http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/schedule/

Thank God for NFL, bowl games and golf (televised from around the world now).
Winston_Smith
Fledgling

Re: NFL Play-offs!

Post by Winston_Smith »

Would love to see GB win it all, but they're banged up with several injuries.

Looks like New England and the 49ers are the two best teams.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Always have to respect the Patriots organization but I don’t think they’ll take it all this year. The Broncos invested heavily in Payton Manning for a quick Superbowl win but I somehow doubt they’re going to take it either (although Peyton has come through big). Hard to say. I think the best thing about this year’s play-off picture is its liquidity (that’s right – I said liquidity). There are some strong teams in the hunt all playing inspired football. Go Texas (Cowboys or Texans) !!!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I don't see Dallas going that far and they might not even make the playoffs. Houston has a chance but I'd say Denver or New England has a better chance to be in the Super Bowl. In the NFC I'd have to go with the 49ers or perhaps my team - the Packers. If I had to make a pick now I'd go with San Francisco vs New England.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Urbane wrote:I don't see Dallas going that far and they might not even make the playoffs. Houston has a chance but I'd say Denver or New England has a better chance to be in the Super Bowl. In the NFC I'd have to go with the 49ers or perhaps my team - the Packers. If I had to make a pick now I'd go with San Francisco vs New England.

I don’t see Dallas getting there either. Great quarterback in Tony Romo - although his propensity for making big plays out of nothing is only matched by his propensity to turn it over under clutch conditions. Still, not only is he the first Dallas quarterback to have a 4000 yard passing season, but has already has three of them. As important as the quarterback position is, though, it is still a team effort, and that Cowboys/Steelers game was great excitement. Beside, Tono Rome is also an eight-handicap golfer and shot an 82 from the pro-tips at Torre Pines just before the US Open.

I still think just about any team in contention could win the Superbowl, but would pick the Texans and the 49ers to be the ones there at that time. While I doubt the Broncos or Patriots will be there, still, like I said before, we have some great teams playing inspired football and this season is going to have one of the most dramatic play-off season ever. I hope the Broncos and Patriots face each other on the way. I’ve always been a Patriots fan, but also like the Ravens and Broncos in the division and could not help but cheer for the upset if the Houston Texans make it. While the Patriots are good (always) I suspect Denver can take them with their strong defense and Peyton Manning running the offence. There are some true battles ahead and this play-off season is going to be one of the best ever

I’ve pretty much signed off on my Giants for this year, but would be freaking out every weekend if the Cowboys somehow got in and went all the way. More likely, San Francisco with their control of the line of scrimmage will take a big NFC game from the Cowboys or most defenders as they are a team that wins by taking control of the line of scrimmage. However, they also have the Vikings, Seahawks, Packers, Redskins, Bears, Giants and Cowboys to contend with. Possibly, this conference has the toughest teams to play and beat and the AFC may realize some advantage from that come Superbowl Day.

It is going to be a good year for NFL Play-Offs !!!

* let's make our final picks after Wildcard Weekend.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Looks like the 49ers and Seahawks are playing the best footbal heading into the playoffs. I predict the winner of this Sunday's tilt between the two will eventually win the Super Duper Bowl. Should be a great game.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Im going to the game in Seattle on Sunday. I think it should be a great match matchup, with Seattle unbeaten at home this year and San Fran playing so good, the winner could very well go to the Super Bowl.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

go hawks !
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

rutland1 wrote:Im going to the game in Seattle on Sunday. I think it should be a great match matchup, with Seattle unbeaten at home this year and San Fran playing so good, the winner could very well go to the Super Bowl.

:hailjo:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rutland1 wrote:Im going to the game in Seattle on Sunday. I think it should be a great match matchup, ...

The toaster stadium ? Take pics. I hope it's not too rainy, windy and/or cold for ya. Otherwise it should be a great game.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Got my long johns, neck warmer, and wolly hat. lol

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”